No Money to fire Anyone

aRmo

Givin the extension Pruitt has received and our current economic situation he will be our coach for another 2-3 years. Do I think we have a coaching problem... yes. I don’t think firing Pruitt is gonna fix anything. We would be paying him and butch Jones. If anything it’s gonna make it worse. Something has to be fixed. There feels like a disconnect with this coaching staff. That’s something Pruitt has to fix. Wether it’s letting position coaches go or growing up and let them do their jobs.

So hire a different offensive coordinator at least, if this was the NFL Chaney would be fired tonight.

Givin the extension Pruitt has received and our current economic situation he will be our coach for another 2-3 years. Do I think we have a coaching problem... yes. I don’t think firing Pruitt is gonna fix anything. We would be paying him and butch Jones. If anything it’s gonna make it worse. Something has to be fixed. There feels like a disconnect with this coaching staff. That’s something Pruitt has to fix. Wether it’s letting position coaches go or growing up and let them do their jobs.
We finish paying Butch in February, so that would not be the reason.

The two year frigging extension is the reason. But Fulmer should be fired immediately because of that extension.

So hire a different offensive coordinator at least, if this was the NFL Chaney would be fired tonight.

What good will it do if the HC meddles in the next guys cooking too. I’m not saying that he is but Chaney has never really struggled anywhere like this. Also due about 1.7 next year so I don’t see how we can really do that unless Pruitt finds a cheap up and comer like someone who is currently an NFL analyst.

Does it cost money to fire.......or to hire?

Fire his butt......put ANYONE as interim.

Is any other SEC school requiring their coaching staff to take a pay cut?

UT can afford it...They have plenty of money don't be fooled...football brings in a ton of money.
Not in this COVID year. Going to be huge losses this year. Can’t see them paying a substantial buyout given the losses the school is facing.

Reactions: feathersax
Then add the money to hire someone else and their staff.

And anyone worth a crud is going to want a 5+ year guaranteed contract

Maybe so on the contract length. However, continuing on this same path with Gump as HBC and Tennessee will not recover for at least another 5 to 7 years. He'll eventually cause more harm to the program.

I think part of the problem now is CJP IS letting the assistants do their jobs, largely because he doesn’t have the ability to do any better himself. It reminds me a lot of watching Larry, Moe and Curly as a child.

Not in this COVID year. Going to be huge losses this year. Can’t see them paying a substantial buyout given the losses the school is facing.
Huge losses to them are not as bad as you think...They still get a big share of SEC money and a lot of money from the networks and the sell of anything UT related...they will recoop the covid money next year by making ticket prices more expensive.

Sadly we are probably stuck with him through this season but if he lays another egg next year he’s gone. Even a mediocre year in 21 and he’s gone. He’ll have to show major improvement to have any chance of staying after next year

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back