No Longer Women's BB teams built on Culture

Really was not even the argument or discussion. It was about teams playing hard and he says with Tennessee that happens none of the time. I really didn't ask his opinion he just posted to me and so no I don't believe that is true or could ever be true. Some of the teams in the NCAA are so close an upset happens when it was a narrow win for either one. I was talking more about something like Sc vs Ole Miss how many will Ole Miss win out of ten even if the play hard as they can.
One example in a big spectrum of sports of talent vs. less talented

Reactions: Hbg
One example in a big spectrum of sports of talent vs. less talented
Plenty of examples glad he has a friend that thinks Tennessee never plays hard or well in any game. Really shows how some can not be in touch with reality.

Plenty of examples glad he has a friend that thinks Tennessee never plays hard or well in any game. Really shows how some can not be in touch with reality.
Reality is you said the better team wins, regardless of effort or coaching. All I stated was the classic upset disproves your theory.

Reactions: Hbg
And not sure about friend, GLV and I discussed the teams effort/energy early in the season. I’d like to see diving on the ball, going out of bounds into the first row to save a possession or even sliding to stop a layup like Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: coy moore and Hbg
And not sure about friend, GLV and I discussed the teams effort/energy early in the season. I’d like to see diving on the ball, going out of bounds into the first row to save a possession or even sliding to stop a layup like Sunday.
We did, and have numerous times. My opinion is that effort, energy, and intensity can and does vary and are often confused for each other.. But when their lacking it's rarely bc the player just doesn't give a sh*t. Our players dive on the floor after balls all the time. IMO "effort" is a catch all for bad play that some feel is intentional.

I can never wrap my head around the concept that bad play is willful misbehavior on the part of the players. Even if they don't give a crap about the team, which one of them do you think wants to look bad on tv? But I've given up arguing this. The "Pat would have run em til they puked" crowd is never going to not see a bunch of lazy, entitled, slackers. Nor that they'd win the natty if they were just punished enough. I just can't imagine why they would still watch, let alone bother to comment on a team they feel that way about.

Bad shooting night is all all other aspects were played well. Just couldn't shoot the ball in this game. Happens to all teams has happened to the men's team a few times this season.
You’ve got to be kidding me right. Didn’t watch the same game as I did they got out coached out played out hustled and didn’t want it as much as Alabama

You’ve got to be kidding me right. Didn’t watch the same game as I did they got out coached out played out hustled and didn’t want it as much as Alabama
If you knew how to read a box score which evidently you don't the turnovers were even, the rebounds were even, all aspects of the game were even and Tennessee actually had more possessions. The difference was a bad shooting night. We shot 30 percent they shot 45 percent. So no I'm not kidding you that is exactly what happened. So if we rebounded as well as they did, turned it over less and got more possessions how were we not hustling? Fact we couldn't make a shot is why we lost. Rickea and Jewell 7 for 25 so there you go.

If you knew how to read a box score which evidently you don't the turnovers were even, the rebounds were even, all aspects of the game were even and Tennessee actually had more possessions. The difference was a bad shooting night. We shot 30 percent they shot 45 percent. So no I'm not kidding you that is exactly what happened. So if we rebounded as well as they did, turned it over less and got more possessions how were we not hustling? Fact we couldn't make a shot is why we lost. Rickea and Jewell 7 for 25 so there you go.
Hey you forgot to add defense to that post and I don’t read box scores I just watch the games and see where they mess up just so you know and there’s more than two players that can shoot the ball there’s five players out there don’t always have to be Spears or Jackson shooting if they are having a off night

Hey you forgot to add defense to that post and I don’t read box scores I just watch the games and see where they mess up just so you know and there’s more than two players that can shoot the ball there’s five players out there don’t always have to be Spears or Jackson shooting if they are having a off night
Everyone knows we can't play defense to slow at some positions so we have to shoot the ball well to win at least as good as the opponent. It all comes from a lack of recruiting not many coaches could get much better results with this team. They have to make shots and we have enough inside shots missed to make this a close game. If it isn't at least one of them with this team not going to win very often. They both can't have bad nights cause everyone else on the team is average.

Bad shooting night is all all other aspects were played well. Just couldn't shoot the ball in this game. Happens to all teams has happened to the men's team a few times this season.
Agree. Also, this team hangs on such a thin margin for error, losing JP for most of the first half really, really hurt. She scored all her 10 pts in the second half.

Last edited:
After last night, lots of movement in the NET, but we stay put at #49. We dropped a few spots in Massey ratings (who had us beating Alabama by 1) to #30, and held steady at HHS (who had us losing to Alabama by 4) at #33. Massey still has us winning at Vandy 73-66 and HHS 72-70. Both have us losing to LSU by single digits.

Edit: Whoops, meant to put this in the NCAA bubble thread.

Last edited:
Home does make a huge difference, but I could see us losing all six or winning four of six. Were not going to beat SC unless we get a miracle from a higher force.
I'm hoping for 3 of 6 - arky, tam, and vandy. Def not SC and it would take play we haven't seen in a long time to beat LSU, even at home. They aren't deep but they're starters are pretty talented.

I'm hoping for 3 of 6 - arky, tam, and vandy. Def not SC and it would take play we haven't seen in a long time to beat LSU, even at home. They aren't deep but they're starters are pretty talented.
Three will more than likely 85 percent probability get a NCAA bid. Last night would've made it almost certain now were back in the scrum.

VN Store

Back