No line judge?

You gotta understand, the refs were there for one reason only, and it sure wasn't to make sure it was a fair game. They got what they wanted.
Made em work way harder than they were planning. Games with Bama have usually been over by the middle of the second quarter. Our Vols forced them to be creative.

The game was rigged. It wasn’t just a few calls that can be chalked up as incompetence. It was repeated and deliberate
I wholeheartedly agree with this, BUT as far as that picture of the infraction goes it really is hard to tell. The angle isn’t good and perspective can really trick the eye.

And it happened all night. If you can stand to watch the game again ala did it a lot.

I know what you mean...after I watched it again...it was twice as bad...the most egregious, one-sided, called game I've ever seen and I've seen a few...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!

Reactions: TJSVOLS
I wholeheartedly agree with this, BUT as far as that picture of the infraction goes it really is hard to tell. The angle isn’t good and perspective can really trick the eye.
Went back and looked at the picture again, and yes, even considering the angle, he is clearly offsides, both his hand and his helmet. Easy call to make, but again, it was 'bama. Call should have been made, the touchdown taken away, half the distance penalty, and Tennessee still has possession.

Wow I haven't even seen this one yet.... unreal. I just hate seeing the refs making there presence known in a game. Usually, when there is a suspect call, you think "that was weird" but then move on because you realize the officials are human and may make a mistake every now and then....

However...

What happened Saturday more than raised some eyebrows. It wasn't just one odd call. Maurer's unpenalized concussion that mirrored To'oto'o's ejection last week, Taylor's penalty for simply playing football, the random unexplained stopping of the clock in the redzone when we lined up wildcat, uncalled Jennings pass interference, Bituli being ejected for unavoidable contact when Jeudy dove headfirst to the endzone, the "one second play" that bama had on their final drive of the half where the clock just didn't start, and now this blatant offsides that never should have been missed, it all just didn't add up. That's not even mentioning the countless penalties we accrued every time we sniffed the end zone.

I understand being an official is hard and there will be mistakes. It happens. No one expects perfection. But when the number one team in the country seems to be in danger at home with a big $ matchup vs LSU looming in a few weeks, we suddenly see this entire list of odd calls. I'm not one to say refs ever lose people games, and I don't even know if I would say that today. We didn't play perfect. But man, with that many unexplainably bad calls in one game.... it really makes you wonder.

VN Store

Back