No football for Youtube TV ?

I have YTTV.. I’ll see if they get this done before the 28th or 29th… I hope they do for the DVR services alone. I don’t want to go back to Spectrum (they’re a 💩 company and they take months to correct problems that they messed up) I don’t want to try another platform so hopefully they get this resolved quickly.
I blame Disney in all of this. Disney is making a profit either way it goes. They wanted YTTV to charge their customers more.

If DVR is a thing you feel like you need (and yttv was unlimited) then the alternatives are a little disappointing.
Hulu TV only has 200 hours for an additional fee.
DTV Stream is unlimited for an additional fee, but only keeps recordings for 90 days (yttv was 9 months).

Seems like both are about $10 more per month than yttv (was) to get the programming I need.

Anyone out there like Hulu TV over DTV Stream, or vice versa, and why?
Helpful discussion is greatly appreciated during these trying times.

Reactions: KptVFL
I blame Disney in all of this. Disney is making a profit either way it goes. They wanted YTTV to charge their customers more.
They own the content and they want to get the most they can for it. Google is worth nearly 2 trillion dollars. They’re more than capable of buying the rights to the content.

Reactions: rocytop2624
So far very impressed with quality of picture and interface of Fubo. Been using it all morning and there's very little difference between this and YTTV. Will have to decide if Turner channels not being part of it is enough to make me move on after the trial. Do not need extra add on for a DVR though

So far very impressed with quality of picture and interface of Fubo. Been using it all morning and there's very little difference between this and YTTV. Will have to decide if Turner channels not being part of it is enough to make me move on after the trial. Do not need extra add on for a DVR though

I started the free trial this morning and agree with you. Like it so far. I got the extra package with the sec network and others though. Will try sling next if YouTube tv isn't back to normal when the trial runs out. With Hulu raising prices and direct tv stream prices, don't think they are viable options.....for me anyway.....

Is there any way to get TBS and TNT since Fubo doesn't offer them? Whatcha thinking?

(TBS and TNT are deal breakers for me just like ESPN, cause I"m gonna be watching AEW. I loved wrestling long before I loved football, just saying ...)

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Signed up for the Fubo free trial this morning, but hadn't considered the lack of being able to watch March Madness games when it comes time due to the lack of the Turner stations. That might be a deal breaker.

DirectTV is suddenly an appealing option with Bally sports being included. I loved YTTV, but my one complaint was not being able to watch Braves games last year through their service.

Reactions: BearCat204
Signed up for the Fubo free trial this morning, but hadn't considered the lack of being able to watch March Madness games when it comes time due to the lack of the Turner stations. That might be a deal breaker.

DirectTV is suddenly an appealing option with Bally sports being included. I loved YTTV, but my one complaint was not being able to watch Braves games last year through their service.
The roughly 20 dollar difference between YTTV and Directv Stream is Bally and the RSN.............which after not being able to watch a lot of Braves and Hawks games, feels a bit worth that premium. IMO anyway

Reactions: duckman398686
I signed up for Hulu this morning in a rush to watch the game, which isn't happeneing now (thanks Memphis). I may try it for a month and then try Direct TV.

@GAVol if you or anyone else in the thread uses Direct TV Stream, let me know your thoughts/experience.
I did the same thing this morning as I had to leave for a kids event and I did not know the game was cancelled. The Hulu live trial is only 1 week where as the Hulu trial is 1 month. There is a week to figure out long term plan which might be DirecTV Stream or YTTV gets a deal done. I don't think I want Hulu with this interface. I was very Happy with DirecTV for years until their pricing got less flexible. YTTV showed me how much better a full streaming service can be.

I started the free trial this morning and agree with you. Like it so far. I got the extra package with the sec network and others though. Will try sling next if YouTube tv isn't back to normal when the trial runs out. With Hulu raising prices and direct tv stream prices, don't think they are viable options.....for me anyway.....

Update.....been watching fubo for a couple hours. Really liking it. The interface is compatible to YouTube tv....but quickly learned how to get around. By the end of the trial I may end up loving fubo and staying with it.

Reactions: FBtime
Update.....been watching fubo for a couple hours. Really liking it. The interface is compatible to YouTube tv....but quickly learned how to get around. By the end of the trial I may end up loving fubo and staying with it.
Just signed up. Comparable to yttv like you said and for about the same price you can upgrade to 10 users. Haven’t seen a channel that I need that isn’t there. I’ll give it a full week before I make a switch, I just hate learning a new interface

I dropped YTTV this morning and switched to Fubo. So far so good. At this point I’m just trying to get through Bowl season and the NFL playoffs. Once March Madness comes around, if it does, I’ll look for another provider that carries the Turner networks.

I dropped YTTV this morning and switched to Fubo. So far so good. At this point I’m just trying to get through Bowl season and the NFL playoffs. Once March Madness comes around, if it does, I’ll look for another provider that carries the Turner networks.
Wow I overlooked the Turner network part. I was just thinking Fubo looked good from a channel and price point.

Reactions: tim
You can stream those games for March madness on NCAA.com

Reactions: MAD
If DVR is a thing you feel like you need (and yttv was unlimited) then the alternatives are a little disappointing.
Hulu TV only has 200 hours for an additional fee.
DTV Stream is unlimited for an additional fee, but only keeps recordings for 90 days (yttv was 9 months).

Seems like both are about $10 more per month than yttv (was) to get the programming I need.

Anyone out there like Hulu TV over DTV Stream, or vice versa, and why?
Helpful discussion is greatly appreciated during these trying times.
I thought you use audials?

VN Store

Back