No Empty Promises to recruits

Given his and apparently his families behavior, I think it's fair to say they're dishonest and it's also fair to question their character. Maybe, just maybe, UT wasn't prepared to make promises and/or pay them? Hey, he might turn out to be the next Tracy Rocker but it's also possible we look back on this one and realize we dodged a bullet by not having him in our locker room.
Ahhhhhh the old "we never wanted him, we're better off without him" rationalization. So if he lied to Auburn and came here, does his character suddenly improve?

I don't see anything wrong with promising early playing time, generally speaking, it depends.

An example, I know Myles Brennan's dad asked for the cookie monster's word that Myles would get playing time his freshman year in meaningful situations. They (his dad and him) wanted to evaluate whether Myles could compete in the SEC and whether LSU was a good long-term fit. The cookie monster had him in the first half against Bama at Bama. I saw nothing wrong with it, I can kind of understand as well... why ride the bench somewhere 3-4 years only to find out you really can't play in the league.

Now promising starting spots...ehhhh probably not a great idea.
I think it is a garbage thing to do..why should a kid who has not earned it take carries from someone who has? Ogre is not a good example to use with most of us anyway...he is a filthy pos that I despise and it absolutely figures that he would do something like that.

Thats all well and good but I still feel like we are more behind the 8 ball in recruiting that we should be, due to having some coach's on staff not pulling their weight. There is no excuse for losing a recruit like Jay Hardy. None.
Lookie here..another one...bye 🙋‍♂️

VN Store

Back