No Effort Today

allenfan1

This is the worst that I have seen us play this year. There was no effort from the girls on the floor of the coaching staff. The commentator even mentioned that there was no set plays or screens set on offense. The defense was not blocking out at all for the rebounds. I don't see a team in the SEC that we would have beaten today. If you go back to ND and them watched them play this weekend they don't look like the same team, they are so much improved. That 20 foot lob into the paint that we are making over undersized players is not going to work. When you watch us on defense I don't see many if any that will even put their hands up when making an attempt to close out on a jump shooter. You saw as well as I did they were open for the three point shoot anytime that they wanted it, fortunately for us they didn't hit very many. The uncontested layup's with our size is inexcusable and what is scary is that they are not held accountable. I hate to lose as much as anyone but it's coming sooner rather than later if she doesn't demand more, and yes coach more especially during the game. Today's game looked no better than what we looked like last year against inferior opponents.. We need more effort from everyone on the floor and on the bench and we can make this a magical year.

This is the worst that I have seen us play this year. There was no effort from the girls on the floor of the coaching staff. The commentator even mentioned that there was no set plays or screens set on offense. The defense was not blocking out at all for the rebounds. I don't see a team in the SEC that we would have beaten today. If you go back to ND and them watched them play this weekend they don't look like the same team, they are so much improved. That 20 foot lob into the paint that we are making over undersized players is not going to work. When you watch us on defense I don't see many if any that will even put their hands up when making an attempt to close out on a jump shooter. You saw as well as I did they were open for the three point shoot anytime that they wanted it, fortunately for us they didn't hit very many. The uncontested layup's with our size is inexcusable and what is scary is that they are not held accountable. I hate to lose as much as anyone but it's coming sooner rather than later if she doesn't demand more, and yes coach more especially during the game. Today's game looked no better than what we looked like last year against inferior opponents.. We need more effort from everyone on the floor and on the bench and we can make this a magical year.

At least the LadyVols won easily

allenfan 1 said: "If you go back to ND and them watched them play this weekend they don't look like the same team, they are so much improved." Does this make sense?

I listened to the post game comments of Coach Kellie and she didn't use the words "not holding them accountable", "Scary" etc. nor a wish of occasional boarders to punish players if and when. She recognized players watching the game and not-boxing out and hopes to correct the deficiencies quickly. And she was open in desiring a more challenging schedule in future years. I also believe that there are weaknesses in the defense of several players. moving forward more challenges.

Reactions: mlindsay

Who the heck are you?

allenfan 1 said: "If you go back to ND and them watched them play this weekend they don't look like the same team, they are so much improved." Does this make sense?

The poster means ND is much improved over when they played us, I think - meaning we should be showing a similar amount of improvement but aren't.

Reactions: mcannon1 and PG1
No chance of losing to Texas they are horrible. This weak schedule has guaranteed a perfect record leading in to Stanford which will be 1st loss. Lackluster performance today vs a very inferior opponent. Air Force was sad but maybe next year as a salute to our military we will schedule The Salvation Army.

I was speaking of ND looking better, makes perfect sense to me

I was speaking of ND looking better, makes perfect sense to me

How exactly did the losses this weekend to Florida Gulf Coast or South Dakota State demonstrate improvement to you? I am super curious of how much time you invested in viewing their games for your analysis..... or was it their victory over 1-5 USF?

Credibility is a terrible thing to waste....

Last edited:

Have you had this convesation with Kelly?....she may want to know these things

Teams look better when they play better. ND had a better night against an inferior opponet. Tennessee had a much better nightst again an inferior opponent. So.................................

How exactly did the losses this weekend to Florida Gulf Coast or South Dakota State demonstrate improvement to you? I am super curious of how much time you invested in viewing their games for your analysis..... or was it their victory over 1-5 USF?

Credibility is a terrible thing to waste....
USF was 5-3 before the lost to ND. I believe the true test of ND's improvement will come when they play the 800 pound gorilla (UConn) on Dec. 8th.

Teams look better when they play better. ND had a better night against an inferior opponet. Tennessee had a much better nightst again an inferior opponent. So.................................
Yes Tn looked good against a very very inferior opponent.

Reactions: vettefool
UCONN gets everyone’s best game and effort that’s why I am hoping we give them a battle.
I'm expecting a close game with LV's coming out on top. It's hard predicting UCONN since they usuall have a very weak schedule. But, their schedule this year does includ 2-3 ranked teams.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm expecting a close game with LV's coming out on top. It's hard predicting UCONN since they usuall have a very weak schedule. But, their schedule this year does includ 2-3 ranked teams.
Yes UCONN’s schedule so far is weak compared to ours🤣

USF was 5-3 before the lost to ND. I believe the true test of ND's improvement will come when they play the 800 pound gorilla (UConn) on Dec. 8th.

My bad on early schedule, but USF not only lost to ND this weekend they also lost to the other two teams that beat ND... South Dakota ST and FGC..... so hardly a hat hanger... but back to your thread leading post, what did you see in ND this weekend that showed improvement... and doubled down on when challenged. Kind of a trollish attack on our ladies. AF is a weak opponent for sure... 8-21 last year and only 1 win this year... but we did not squeak by...

It was sloppy. Air Force is slow. That didn’t help much. 50% free throws and tons of easy misses. Can only hope that gets cleaned up fast.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back