No Dobbs tonight

He got a bad draw drafted by Pittsburg with Rothlessburger a long time starter and no intentions of retiring anytime soon. He had no chance to start. Don't know why they drafted him anyway. Doesn't fit their offense. But not a bad gig coming out of college. $ wise he will be fine from now on, that's what really matters.

This would be his 5th year. He's had plenty of chances to "shine". Coaches that watch him daily determine he's not starting material. They don't just let QBs start for the hell of it or to be a charity case. And every other team in the NFL has access to his footage and to my knowledge nobody else is falling over themselves to get him, which they could easily do.
Playing behind Big Ben is tough bub all I'm saying

Wait, a rocket scientist has a poor grasp of an NFL playbook ?! So you're saying it's not rocket science ?! Well played, I see what you did there.
I'm saying all The nuances required for a NFL QB aren't so easy, even for a rocket scientist. Yeah, you got to have a certain amount of intelligence to play the position. That being said, being able to solve differential calculus problems doesn't necessarily translate to going through the right reads to identify a blitz. Terry Bradshaw plays the dumb, country boy pretty well, but he's no dummy for sure. I doubt he can solve calculus problems. There are differences in types of intelligence. Bottom line, Dobbs hasn't been any better than 3rd string in the NFL and you or no one else here knows better than the OCs and Head coaches

Reactions: Boston Vol
I'm saying all The nuances required for a NFL QB aren't so easy, even for a rocket scientist. Yeah, you got to have a certain amount of intelligence to play the position. That being said, being able to solve differential calculus problems doesn't necessarily translate to going through the right reads to identify a blitz. Terry Bradshaw plays the dumb, country boy pretty well, but he's no dummy for sure. I doubt he can solve calculus problems. There are differences in types of intelligence. Bottom line, Dobbs hasn't been any better than 3rd string in the NFL and you or no one else here knows better than the OCs and Head coaches
Peterman's three career TDs v 12 career picks tells me he's not an NFL QB. No way he should be on a roster and Dobbs shouldn't.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Peterman's three career TDs v 12 career picks tells me he's not an NFL QB. No way he should be on a roster and Dobbs shouldn't.
Yep. You know better than GMs, head coaches and offensive coordinators. Maybe Peterman garnered back-up status because he can operate more efficiently in practice, at times when the first team defense are scrimmaging against him. Maybe Dobbs can't perform adequately as a scout team QB during the week of a game. There's a reason much more likely than, "they need to give him a chance". It's a reason for which you apparently, can't comprehend.

Maybe he can stay in the league as a third string qb - great gig if you can swing it!
Absolutely! It's apparent that's his ceiling in the NFL and frankly, it's a lofty achievement. Obviously, coaches like having him as a part of the team, and it pays handsomely. Probably much more as an engineer, even in a higher paying position.

Big Ben has stated during interviews that he trusts Josh Dobbs more than any player and some coaches on the team. Ben and Josh review plans together and decide on which plays to run during the game. If you get a shot of them on the bench, you can see them working and reviewing plays. Might be the reason they keep Josh around. Just sharing what I heard from Big Ben.

Falcons need to trade for him or pick him up if cut with AJ going down last night.
Dobbs is somewhat of a "special" 3rd-4th stringer. A team MIGHT trade for him. It will be in a player-advisory role. Lots of teams keep guys like him. Guys who can be a quasi-coach. The QB allotment has tremendous flexibility

Hasn't proven himself enough to garner PT. Good college QB and loved by Vol fans. Doesn't translate necessarily to the NFL
Exactly. It's not like he's been sidelined his entire career and hasn't had opportunities in practice. He's had chances but just hasn't performed well enough. That's the game. The best play.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Exactly. It's not like he's been sidelined his entire career and hasn't had opportunities in practice. He's had chances but just hasn't performed well enough. That's the game. The best play.
He gets roster spots because of his ability to convey procedure to his fellow QBs. He apparently loves being a part of it and contributing in a manner attractive to coaches. Good for him that he's making hefty salaries accordingly to his time in the league. Benefits are unheard of in most any other industry

I'm afraid he will be a final roster casualty in Pittsburgh. On the bright side, he has earned over $3M already. He should not have a problem picking up in new environs as a backup. The situation in Dallas is interesting. He will always be a huge asset to any QB room. Chase Daniel has earned over $30M as a backup. Dobbs has a wonderful professional future outside of football any time he wants it. I'm very happy for him either way.
After last night the Falcons are in need of a backup. Felipe Franks won’t cut it.

He
Yep. You know better than GMs, head coaches and offensive coordinators. Maybe Peterman garnered back-up status because he can operate more efficiently in practice, at times when the first team defense are scrimmaging against him. Maybe Dobbs can't perform adequately as a scout team QB during the week of a game. There's a reason much more likely than, "they need to give him a chance". It's a reason for which you apparently, can't comprehend.
He's in the league because Gruden loved him, he has literally shown nothing on the field that would lead you to believe he's an NFL qb. He's a great practice player, then leave Him on the practice squad. Let's not overcomplicate this.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

VN Store

Back