No Chance to be good

I think the Orange Koolaid was flowing strong in the off-season.... we wanted to believe in miracles.

But our talent is below SEC level.
This is a breakdown of each position group:

1. QB - bottom SEC level
2. RB - mid SEC level (lacks depth, blocking, etc)
3. TE - mid SEC (lacks depth)
4. WR - mid-upper SEC
5. OL - bottom-mid SEC
6. DL - bottom SEC
7. LB - bottom SEC
8. DB - bottom - mid SEC (need more depth)
9. Special Teams - mid- upper
10. Coaching - upper

So, if you average out position groups out, and realize the severe lack of depth that we have, this is not an SEC type of roster. We have a doormat quality team.

This was the team that Jones left here. It cannot be fixed in a year or two. This is a 4-5 year minimum rebuild. If Pruitt hadn’t recruited Carvin, Banks, Kennedy, Solomon, Middleton, Savion Williams, Alontae, Thompson (hope he returns), then this roster would be absolute trash.

Without freshman like Toto, Wanye, Darnell Wright, Burrell, etc who can play right away, it would just be even worse.

Yea we need much better coaching. If we can get another great 25 players then I think we can start making progress next year hopefully..... but this is going to take 3-4 more years unfortunately imo..

Im afraid I have to disagree with the coach rating, after last week this coaching staff proved that Georgia State coaches prepared better than the high dollar Tennessee coaches, by far

Attitude can make up for lack of physical talent. I think these boys may be a product of a soft society. Fix the mental part and the rest will come.. We need some mean nasty pissed off dudes.

If it was societal snowflake pressures, then every other school would field the same bunch of creampuffs.

I think the Orange Koolaid was flowing strong in the off-season.... we wanted to believe in miracles.

1. QB - bottom SEC level
4. WR - mid-upper SEC
5. OL - bottom-mid SEC
6. DL - bottom SEC
7. LB - bottom SEC
10. Coaching - upper

So, if you average out position groups out, and realize the severe lack of depth that we have, this is not an SEC type of roster. We have a doormat quality team.

This was the team that Jones left here. It cannot be fixed in a year or two. This is a 4-5 year minimum rebuild. If Pruitt hadn’t recruited Carvin, Banks, Kennedy, Solomon, Middleton, Savion Williams, Alontae, Thompson (hope he returns), then this roster would be absolute trash.

Without freshman like Toto, Wanye, Darnell Wright, Burrell, etc who can play right away, it would just be even worse.

Yea we need much better coaching. If we can get another great 25 players then I think we can start making progress next year hopefully..... but this is going to take 3-4 more years unfortunately imo..
Views
Coaching??? Upper???? 😂😂😂

Reactions: govols10302bb
I’m simply saying he took over a better situation than Pruitt did for multiple reasons. Pruitt might turn out to be a dud for a coach but I’m not going to jump to that conclusion when he’s playing with a bad young roster. Nobody with a brain thought we were going to be competitive in 2 years when he was hired.
Should beat Georgia freaking state!!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

1. QB - bottom SEC level
4. WR - mid-upper SEC
5. OL - bottom-mid SEC
6. DL - bottom SEC
7. LB - bottom SEC
10. Coaching - upper

And even at these levels; they should beat a team like Georgia State....

I’ve asked you the same question 2 times now mr tough guy name caller. Why couldn’t nick saban take his and beat theirs (la Monroe)? What happened there? “Genius”
You do realize that repeating stupidity doesn't make it any less stupid? You're stupid. And yes, I would tell you that to your face.

Reactions: Doberman
You need to look up those records and how many close games they lost. The would also win 8 or 10 every other year. That's not us. They also didn't suffer blowout losses. Good coaching would have gotten them many more wins. Shula was 10-2 in 2005, and 6-7 in 2006. His worst losses were by 2 scores to none other than UF who won it all, and LSU who won it all the next year. The other losses could have gone either way and they smoked all their cupcakes too.
No, they didn't win 8 or 10 every other year. They won ten games twice in the ten years prior to Saban. During Shula's tenure they lost by 17 to South Carolina who was then coached by Holtz, lost by 17 to Arkansas who was coached by Nutt, and lost to mighty Minnesota - and all of the above were the same season, 2004. In 2003 they lost to powerhouses Northern Illinois and Hawaii. In 2006 they lost to Mississippi State who was at the time coached by Sylvester Croom and won a grand total of three games that year.

Stop lying.

Reactions: Doberman
Yes, you are correct. But you can't apply the same standard with our program at this time. The difference is social media, swain event talked about this the other day. Coaches use these fan forums to illustrate the mess any possible recruit would encounter should they decide to go here. Any prospective coaches looks at the temperature when considering a job change. Simply put, the dynamics are not the same as they were 15-20 yrs ago.
You do realize coaches are being paid two to three times as much on average now as they were then? Do you really think if we offered Mike Norvell $6 million a year, which is $4.14 million more than he makes right now, that he would not be on the first plane out of Memphis on his way to Knoxville? He wouldn't even tell his AD goodbye in person - he'd send him a text from the plane, "Hey, sorry, it's been fun but gotta go now."

Volnation gets caught up in the minutia and the rhetoric is over and over and over. This is what makes an idiot savant so impressive. The ability to massively over concentrate on the minutia. It really is fascinating!!!!

1. QB - bottom SEC level
4. WR - mid-upper SEC
5. OL - bottom-mid SEC
6. DL - bottom SEC
7. LB - bottom SEC
10. Coaching - upper

Will the boosters be on board if it’s 2-10 or worse this year?? I’ll be shocked....

If the kicker holds up (looked good Saturday) Tennessee’s special teams could be as good as anyone’s.

can they just play on special teams all game long?

I guess we'll see won't we?

I’m not saying I’m not thrilled to have them and expect great things from especially the freshmen - and I hope you’re right. I just don’t think you can count on true freshmen at LB to play to that level in the SEC.

1. QB - bottom SEC level
4. WR - mid-upper SEC
5. OL - bottom-mid SEC
6. DL - bottom SEC
7. LB - bottom SEC
10. Coaching - upper

B7FC970A-E6C6-4421-BF13-256645A1E39D.jpeg

I’m not saying I’m not thrilled to have them and expect great things from especially the freshmen - and I hope you’re right. I just don’t think you can count on true freshmen at LB to play to that level in the SEC.
T'o oTo'o is an eraser. He is the best linebacker we have had in decades.

Just a fact event to remember:

Michigan lost to D2 Appy State. Became known as probably the greatest team disaster of all CFB history. At least modern.

Michigan went on to almost run the table and go undefeated the rest of that entire season. Plus they demolished UF in the bowl.

So your saying Tennessee beats Florida, runs the table, then beats Michigan in a bowl?

Hey I’ll take that, and retract any negative comment about Pruitt.

VN Store

Back