No bigger bunch of idiots than ESPN

To be fair, ESPN made us sit through a decade of David Pollack, that terrible "Bear" dude, and that annoying lady that screeched an off-key "we are coming to your cit-ay" to start every show.

Oh, and then they foisted Pat McAfee on us.

The hate is understandable.
How the hell is McAfee even employed on anything beyond a Quikmart-sponsored podcast? Seems almost like these days it's a requirement to be dumb and loud with even dumber opinions to be on any kind of national TV sports talk platform.

Well, they are pretty unlikeable 😂
I guess. They don't bother me much. I've learned in life that sometimes people say things I may not like, and it's ok. I don't spend much energy on it, especially years thinking/saying some guys that broadcast games don't like my team or fanbase. Honestly, the way some of our fans have acted towards these guys on social media doesn't help things. For most of the last 25 years, Herbstreit has been fairly complimentary of our program and city. Many of our fans take any little thing and get hurt over it and won't drop it, such as Dabo's comment last season about us not being in the SEC title game. It wasn't an insult, it was a statement of fact that we normally would agree with about teams not playing for their conference titles not being in the playoff convo. Our fans still beat the "flipping burgers" comment to death and think it was a slam. I've learned that if people want to feel offended, they can be offended at basically anything.

Last edited:
To be fair, ESPN made us sit through a decade of David Pollack, that terrible "Bear" dude, and that annoying lady that screeched an off-key "we are coming to your cit-ay" to start every show.

Oh, and then they foisted Pat McAfee on us.

The hate is understandable.
Those reasons I can understand( I don't like Pollack), IF espn actually forced me to watch. I was given a choice. You may want to call law enforcement if you were forced to watch it. Seems like a violation of your rights. I can't stand late night talk show hosts, so I find that not watching them helps me with avoiding them.

VN Store

Back