No American Flag?

I'm not a "Lost Cause" advocate. Nor, contrary to what I was conditioned to believe in public school, do I believe the North's war effort was glorious and just.

I agree with that, actually.

I believe if a side has to be right and the other has to be wrong, it's obvious.

I do think the South made it clear it had no intention of both staying in the United States without ending slavery.

The majority of the United States, by that point, was against slavery and especially the majority of the population.

So lets play a hypothetical here:

The best option likely was just letting the South separate. Eventually, probably about a decade or two later, it would likely realize it wasn't sustainable. Europe was turning against the practice wholesale. The USA would have used that leverage to have economic sanctions placed on the CSA. The CSA would have likely ended the practice or suffered it's own civil war as there would have been no market for their goods. A combined US/UK boycott and blockade would have wrecked the CSA entirely.

I agree with that, actually.

I believe if a side has to be right and the other has to be wrong, it's obvious.

I do think the South made it clear it had no intention of both staying in the United States without ending slavery.

The majority of the United States, by that point, was against slavery and especially the majority of the population.

So lets play a hypothetical here:

The best option likely was just letting the South separate. Eventually, probably about a decade or two later, it would likely realize it wasn't sustainable. Europe was turning against the practice wholesale. The USA would have used that leverage to have economic sanctions placed on the CSA. The CSA would have likely ended the practice or suffered it's own civil war as there would have been no market for their goods. A combined US/UK boycott and blockade would have wrecked the CSA entirely.

I think your hypothetical isn't too far off. I don't believe the slave system would have been sustainable in the long run in that situation.

You mean the war of western aggression?

"It's not our fault that Poland built its borders around an enclave of ethnic Germans."

"It's not our fault that the British and French signed a mutual defense treaty with the Polish. Shame, that. They are ethnically close enough to where they could have had a role in our ethnically pure future."

"It's not our fault that we invaded the Soviet Union first. They were clearly gearing up for war and we struck first."

"It's not our fault the US and it's backbone of greedy capitalism aligned itself with the British and French. Shame that, so many Germans living in the US."

"Sudetenland und Deutschland über alles, y'all."

But also, this reminds me... be careful using 88 with a username.

"It's not our fault that Poland built its borders around an enclave of ethnic Germans."

"It's not our fault that the British and French signed a mutual defense treaty with the Polish. Shame, that. They are ethnically close enough to where they could have had a role in our ethnically pure future."

"It's not our fault that we invaded the Soviet Union first. They were clearly gearing up for war and we struck first."

"It's not our fault the US and it's backbone of greedy capitalism aligned itself with the British and French. Shame that, so many Germans living in the US."

"Sudetenland und Deutschland über alles, y'all."

But also, this reminds me... be careful using 88 with a username.

Others need to be careful, not little 'ol me.

Others need to be careful, not little 'ol me.

Just making sure you know that's actually an FBI identified neo-nazi symbol. You might have used it in a reference to when you were married or had a kid born or something innocuous.

It's not like the FBI is going to raid your house (well, they might) but you might send the wrong message.

Unless you're in the AB then, well, I guess keep on keepin' on.

Just making sure you know that's actually an FBI identified neo-nazi symbol. You might have used it in a reference to when you were married or had a kid born or something innocuous.

It's not like the FBI is going to raid your house (well, they might) but you might send the wrong message.

Unless you're in the AB then, well, I guess keep on keepin' on.

Sick Heil Muther F'er!
Pizz on the FBI!

No really, 88 was my first real street scoot.

What did you do with cotton in your family garden?

LOL, I knew that was coming!!! The hulls and seeds with the leftover fiber helped loosen that red clay in N AL. It's amazing how much chicken ****, horse ****, cow ****, **** ****, and anything else daddy could think of to put in the garden I've hauled in the bed of a pickup and a wheelbarrow.

LOL, I knew that was coming!!! The hulls and seeds with the leftover fiber helped loosen that red clay in N AL. It's amazing how much chicken ****, horse ****, cow ****, **** ****, and anything else daddy could think of to put in the garden I've hauled in the bed of a pickup and a wheelbarrow.

Bull****.

Reactions: 1 person

Oh, okay. I had never heard of that. Interesting.

You just aren't getting it. Are they cashing out their slaves? Letting them go for free? They have a low to no cost means of producing a massive profit. What do they do with this? If we fix say a timeframe of 1860, how many years before combines/tractors are produced? How many years before they are sold in the south on a large scale? What happens to their slaves as far as recouping the loss?

So two different concepts here - what incentive is there to drop slaves as an investment IF they are not reimbursed and how long does it take for the means to replace the production levels to find its way on a large scale down South.

Not all investments go up over time. Holding any XRX or KODK that you bought in the 90s?

I have worked the tobacco fields and there isn't enough bad words to describe my hatred for that.

+ a billion billion. Going home and scraping the tar off of you. It gives you a real appreciation how utterly stupid smoking is. And when you are 7 tiers up in the barn and have to take a leak... you don't come down. Enjoy that drag smokers, you are getting a little of Billy Bob's urine in it along with all the other crap.

VN Store

Back