No Alpha

There isn't an Apha on this team like William's and Schofield. Just not enough inside aggression offensively. I don't understand why someone the that James has doesn't take it to the hole. Bailey to athletic to not drive. Too much hot potato passing tonight. Keep supporting my VOlS.

There isn't an Apha on this team like William's and Schofield. Just not enough inside aggression offensively. I don't understand why someone the that James has doesn't take it to the hole. Bailey to athletic to not drive. Too much hot potato passing tonight. Keep supporting my VOlS.

ZZZ is an alpha. Freshmen don’t have the same voice.

James isn’t good. Bailey is even worse. We are doomed
As uncoordinated as Uros is, I admire his ability to be a man and show he has some pride. Fight back. Vescovi has that. Mayshak has that. Chandler seems to have it. Fulky hasn't it showed it in 2 years. JJJ shrinks and essentially gift wraps the ball to the opponent.

This is it...one hundred percent. We have no leader. Think about this. Vescovi act more like an alpha than anyone on this team. This is a guy who he has in the past had highlights in his hair. There is no OG boss on this team. Unfortunately, I hate to say it, I think Barnes neuters a bunch of dudes. The guy that is built for it is JJJ. He needs to reach deep down and find an old buried soul in his chest and take the lid off of it.

Reactions: HCVOL09
Not tough enough right now. Shoot to many threes, mediocre at the foul line. Powell needs to be automatic because he gets yanked and sits, Mashack is an energy guy but comes off the bench late. JJJ needs to stay out of the corner and Fulky needs to get back focused on playing and less photo ops.

Reactions: Volle
Not tough enough right now. Shoot to many threes, mediocre at the foul line. Powell needs to be automatic because he gets yanked and sits, Mashack is an energy guy but comes off the bench late. JJJ needs to stay out of the corner and Fulky needs to get back focused on playing and less photo ops.

Messing up and getting yanked makes the dogs better. If a player goes into a funk because his coach was mean then he’ll never amount to much anyway.

Messing up and getting yanked makes the dogs better. If a player goes into a funk because his coach was mean then he’ll never amount to much anyway.
JJJ needs a game off then. But yanking Powell after a turnover but JJJ can sit in the corner and hit the side of the backboard or tip the rim every game and continue to play isn’t sending JJJ the same message.

Reactions: Native Orange
James isn’t good. Bailey is even worse. We are doomed
James is plenty good, just not at the kinds of things that are bright and shiny like scoring. He's a great defender, rebounder, and a nice buffer between Barnes and the rest of the team. It's OK to be frustrated by his lack of scoring, his erratic shooting, or the idea that he doesn't profile as the 5* you likely hoped he'd be, but calling him a bad player makes you look foolish.

James is plenty good, just not at the kinds of things that are bright and shiny like scoring. He's a great defender, rebounder, and a nice buffer between Barnes and the rest of the team. It's OK to be frustrated by his lack of scoring, his erratic shooting, or the idea that he doesn't profile as the 5* you likely hoped he'd be, but calling him a bad player makes you look foolish.
He should stop shooting 3s and attack the rim more he’s big and athletic jmo

He should stop shooting 3s and attack the rim more he’s big and athletic jmo
I don't disagree. He has the body for it, though he does continuously struggle to finish at the rim when he does drive it. Offense just doesn't seem to be his thing for some reason.

Vescovi is a good dog but he isn’t good enough for him to be the dog. Needs to be a chandler or someone else. We are in trouble. First time I’m thinking Barnes should be replaced.

Reactions: Special Ed
Fulkerson is actually the biggest disappointment for me. He is an upperclassman that's been is the system for 5 years. He should be the leader of this team as well as providing a post presence every night. Instead he gives us 3 points and 5 rebound efforts.

Reactions: Special Ed
Lately, I get the feeling Barnes has one eye on his team and the other eye on retirement.
I really hope not because without Barnes our recruiting will fall back to what it was. Although his teams may not always reach the level we hope for Barnes is getting us 5 star talent.

Vescovi is a good dog but he isn’t good enough for him to be the dog. Needs to be a chandler or someone else. We are in trouble. First time I’m thinking Barnes should be replaced.
If you replace Barnes you replace the talent that he brings in. Hopefully he gets it turned around I've enjoyed being able to sign 5 star players

If you replace Barnes you replace the talent that he brings in. Hopefully he gets it turned around I've enjoyed being able to sign 5 star players
Most coaches here haven’t had a problem brining in talent. Go back to Kevin O’Neil with his don’t shoot offense. He signed Tony Harris out if Memphis. Remember white didn’t hire Barnes either.

Oneil never coached Harris he left in 1997. Harris was 1998 to 2001. At one time Oneil's teams just had 8 scholarship players. That and the Houston/Buzz Peterson era were terrible, It can get worse and/or really bad just saying. some of the most unwatchable bball ever in my lifetime.[

VN Store

Back