No. 2 Tennessee (-17.5) vs. No. 15 Colgate

Colgate lost to every “major” team they played by double digits. Syracuse was the best they played and lost by 21.

No one remembers who wins their respective conference tourney.....it's all about the BIG DANCE!!

Reactions: vols 30
D15RmHwXcAItAPx.jpg:large

Take Colgate and the points, I don't think Colgate wins however I think they will give Tennessee fits outside

Folks that are worried about the 3 ball. That is a legitimate concern but not major. Auburns up and down transition pace we know so well from Bruces time here has so much to do with that. We wont be turning over a million times against Colgate. So the 3s will be more off run outs and spot ups. Totally different than our guys chasing from end to end and pull trigger. Add to that Colgates misses will be our rebounds. We had no answer on Auburns misses so they would get the rebound and drain the next. Colgate their miss and we are headed up court. Id say somewhere of 25 point victory is where I see this.

Folks that are worried about the 3 ball. That is a legitimate concern but not major. Auburns up and down transition pace we know so well from Bruces time here has so much to do with that. We wont be turning over a million times against Colgate. So the 3s will be more off run outs and spot ups. Totally different than our guys chasing from end to end and pull trigger. Add to that Colgates misses will be our rebounds. We had no answer on Auburns misses so they would get the rebound and drain the next. Colgate their miss and we are headed up court. Id say somewhere of 25 point victory is where I see this.

You nailed it dude.

I don’t think anyone is saying Colgate will beat us, but they have the shooting to keep it close. Without it though and they’re toast. Their defense is terrible. I watched them play Navy in their conference tourney who is a terrible offensive team and they went to the rim at will.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
No one remembers who wins their respective conference tourney.....it's all about the BIG DANCE!!
From last year, I mostly remember Virginia getting put out early and the nun team beating us and making a big run.

Their strength is stroking the 3 and our weakness is defending it. Just get a win and move on. I don't care if its a one point or a 30 point margin.

D15RmHwXcAItAPx.jpg:large

Take Colgate and the points, I don't think Colgate wins however I think they will give Tennessee fits outside

Can’t argue with stats but, they do only shoot 23 per game or about 26 points from 3. Now Aub scores about 33 per game from 3, and Aub is a much better overall team.

Surely the 3 gives TENN problems but Colgate prob doesn’t have the “team” or shoot enough of the 3 to back that up and compound that problem. Also they are not a very good D team against much weaker competition than the Vols.

Reactions: JohnD13

VN Store

Back