No.2 prospect Angel Reese narrows college list to 5

💥Boom 💥 and she has an official visit set! She wants to be able to take the rebound and push the offense. That fits TN bill where as teams like MD and Syracuse (SCs forwards will get the ball to Harris) often look for their guards. TN has always had a multitude of people (of course guards but players like Chamique, tamika , Candace, Shekinna, Glory, Alicia Manning, and more recently Rennia and even Rae) initiate the offense off a rebound and that is one thing I hope CKHJ keeps!

Last edited:
Reactions: dtnvol and lvocd
All positive! I am pleased as yet another indication that the new LV team is in the "game" for the coming year. And if you believe the importance of "family" KJH continues to speak about her team and family are melded. I wonder if the returning players have become accustomed to that philosophy.

💥Boom 💥 and she has an official visit set! She wants to be able to take the rebound and push the offense. That fits TN bill where as teams like MD and Syracuse (SCs forwards will get the ball to Harris) often look for their guards. TN has always had a multitude of people (of course guards but players like Chamique, tamika , Candace, Shekinna, Glory, Alicia Manning, and more recently Rennia and even Rae) initiate the offense off a rebound and that is one thing I hope CKHJ keeps!

This could be another step towards a return to revelance ! With Jordon and Zaay (top ten guards) , and our new Bigs . We need the do it all players like Angel to complete our team so we can compete with UConn and Miss. St. and Norte Dame , etc. The way I see our recruiting list..... four of the top five are on our prospects list...... Van Lith , Andrews, Cardosa, and Angel ... And fourteen of the top fifty ranked recruits! How many can we land ???

This could be another step towards a return to revelance ! With Jordon and Zaay (top ten guards) , and our new Bigs . We need the do it all players like Angel to complete our team so we can compete with UConn and Miss. St. and Norte Dame , etc. The way I see our recruiting list..... four of the top five are on our prospects list...... Van Lith , Andrews, Cardosa, and Angel ... And fourteen of the top fifty ranked recruits! How many can we land ???

Even if Tennessee doesn't land anymore of the top-TOP prospects this year, I still think it's a great sign that Kellie and staff are on these players' radar and strongly considering the Lady Vols. After all, there were a few who openly worried that a coaching change was going to sink the recruiting ship. Holly and her staff were great recruiters, but I get the feeling that Kellie and staff are going to be outstanding, too. After years of heartbreak beginning with Pat's diagnosis, it's incredibly uplifting to be watching all this new positivity unfold.

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently, the worries that top recruits would shy away from Coach Kellie were waaay unfounded. Of course, she and the staff still have to seal the deal by demonstrating the benefits of becoming a Lady Vol and competing for championships. But those like Reese who are looking for a "family environment" can't help but notice that our staff offers both a surrogate mom and dad along with a little brother and sister. The young assistants are also like older sisters, and the current team has a good mix of diversity of ages and even nationalities.

All that's needed are some signature wins and the signs that we're back, baby.

Looks like the coaches aren’t the only ones recruiting for the LV! Come on Mama Horston bring these ladies home to the big orange FAMILY 😁

Love how Mama Reese is checking to make sure everything is kosher but wants to get an honest feel and opinion!

Attachments

• 8918315D-F314-4E52-80EF-5FF294124CED.png
    8918315D-F314-4E52-80EF-5FF294124CED.png
    766.9 KB · Views: 163

I don’t remember UT bigs or forwards grabbing rebounds and pushing in transition last year or at all in the HW era. That may now change since Harper has said she wants to push tempo more. Davis is the only player I remember that is capable of grabbing a rebound and starting the transition. It doesn’t happen much at SC because Dawn wanted Harris to control tempo for most of the game but now that we’re going to a position-less approach players like Amihere, Beal, and Grissett will definitely have the opportunity to do so and push tempo. I think Maryland does the same with Charles to a certain extent, so I think it will come down to UT, SC, and Maryland for Reese’s commitment.

I don’t remember UT bigs or forwards grabbing rebounds and pushing in transition last year or at all in the HW era. That may now change since Harper has said she wants to push tempo more. Davis is the only player I remember that is capable of grabbing a rebound and starting the transition. It doesn’t happen much at SC because Dawn wanted Harris to control tempo for most of the game but now that we’re going to a position-less approach players like Amihere, Beal, and Grissett will definitely have the opportunity to do so and push tempo. I think Maryland does the same with Charles to a certain extent, so I think it will come down to UT, SC, and Maryland for Reese’s commitment.

Rennia most def ... Rae is a Forward/Guard but also remember Cierra Burdick? She often rebounded the ball, brought it up, and initiated the offense. But also traditionally TN has been the school to do that. Not saying SC won’t but they just haven’t shown that. Also while Amihere is a BALLER I haven’t seen her initiate the break from her highlight tapes I could be missing something.

Haha how did I know when SC was mentioned you were going to swoop in and say something 😂 Nobody is attacking Dawn (she is one of my favorite coaches) but Holly has deployed that form of basketball more than Dawn. Dawn I believe will transform her offense especially being she will have a better handle from coaching team USA where most players are extremely versatile. Also being the national coach has to have some benefits but so does being a LV 😜

Rennia most def ... Rae is a Forward/Guard but also remember Cierra Burdick? She often rebounded the ball, brought it up, and initiated the offense. But also traditionally TN has been the school to do that. Not saying SC won’t but they just haven’t shown that. Also while Amihere is a BALLER I haven’t seen her initiate the break from her highlight tapes I could be missing something.

Haha how did I know when SC was mentioned you were going to swoop in and say something 😂 Nobody is attacking Dawn (she is one of my favorite coaches) but Holly has deployed that form of basketball more than Dawn. Dawn I believe will transform her offense especially being she will have a better handle from coaching team USA where most players are extremely versatile. Also being the national coach has to have some benefits but so does being a LV 😜

I felt no attack whatsoever haha I just like to have conversations being that it’s so dead around this time of year! I forgot about Burdick :rolleyes: but yes she did initiate and Davis did as well, didn’t see much of Burrell last year except when y’all played us and she did well from what I saw. Like I said I’m sure Harper will let her players run more tempo so I can see why Reese is interested and with the players Dawn has coming I’m sure she told Angel the same thing. It’ll definitely be interesting to see who gets her signature that’s for sure. I’m certainly glad UCONN is out of the running!!

I felt no attack whatsoever haha I just like to have conversations being that it’s so dead around this time of year! I forgot about Burdick :rolleyes: but yes she did initiate and Davis did as well, didn’t see much of Burrell last year except when y’all played us and she did well from what I saw. Like I said I’m sure Harper will let her players run more tempo so I can see why Reese is interested and with the players Dawn has coming I’m sure she told Angel the same thing. It’ll definitely be interesting to see who gets her signature that’s for sure. I’m certainly glad UCONN is out of the running!!

I know you’re a fan from a school who is always respectful and I can bust your chops a little 😃

Yea, UConn started recruiting her later than expected I would think. I am glad she isn’t going there either and hope she doesn’t end up at MD lol.

Landing Reese would be a fantastic start for Kellie. From limited footage I've seen, I think she might be over ranked at #2 but she's very long with good handles and appears to be a good passer. Needs to put on a lot of weight to battle inside and isn't a strongest finisher yet. I think Brink looks like a more developed player at this point than Angel (she also needs to add muscle to compete inside). Unfortunately Bueckers looks like the clear cut #1 recruit from what I have seen...she looks like Taurasi 2.0. I think she'll be a much better player than any of Dangerfield/Westbrook/Christyn Williams will be for Geno.

Landing Reese would be a fantastic start for Kellie. From limited footage I've seen, I think she might be over ranked at #2 but she's very long with good handles and appears to be a good passer. Needs to put on a lot of weight to battle inside and isn't a strongest finisher yet. I think Brink looks like a more developed player at this point than Angel (she also needs to add muscle to compete inside). Unfortunately Bueckers looks like the clear cut #1 recruit from what I have seen...she looks like Taurasi 2.0. I think she'll be a much better player than any of Dangerfield/Westbrook/Christyn Williams will be for Geno.

Reese is on another level as far as how she can change the game she almost averaged 20 pts n 20 rebounds against some good competition. She remind me of a Dewanna Bonner thin can slither to the rim but takes advantage of mismatches.

I’ll be interested to see how/if she dominates the club summer circuit again and then her senior year. The girl is a problem no doubt any school that gets her is getting some raw talent but someone with a high motor.

Our talent on the team is good as any of her other top 5 schools and she could contribute right away. Unlike people on the boneyard I don’t think she wants to be a guard so much as not relegated to the post and have an ability to be versatile. But yes our talent is up there with both SC and MD I just hope we have a coach to bring it out and develop it.

Jaime Nared, too. She loved to go coast to coast.

I hope you're not banking on Grissette trying to do the same. I remember her trying to do that in last year's SEC title game, and her continuous turnovers almost got Tennessee back in the game.

Reactions: SCspur
Jaime Nared, too. She loved to go coast to coast.

I hope you're not banking on Grissette trying to do the same. I remember her trying to do that in last year's SEC title game, and her continuous turnovers almost got Tennessee back in the game.

Grissett is definitely capable and Dawn has said she’ll slide more to the wing this year with less traction in the backcourt. She’s more at her now and she has the ability to do so with an expanded skillset. Herbert Harrigan will also spend some time on the wing this year so I suspect Dawn will allow her to do the same to a lesser extent. She has pretty good ball handling for a 6’3 forward. I remember she made Brinae Alexander fall with a nice crossover in transition. I think Dawn will be much more flexible with the W/F she has.

Reese is on another level as far as how she can change the game she almost averaged 20 pts n 20 rebounds against some good competition. She remind me of a Dewanna Bonner thin can slither to the rim but takes advantage of mismatches.

I’ll be interested to see how/if she dominates the club summer circuit again and then her senior year. The girl is a problem no doubt any school that gets her is getting some raw talent but someone with a high motor.

Our talent on the team is good as any of her other top 5 schools and she could contribute right away. Unlike people on the boneyard I don’t think she wants to be a guard so much as not relegated to the post and have an ability to be versatile. But yes our talent is up there with both SC and MD I just hope we have a coach to bring it out and develop it.

Bonner may be a good comparison down the road but she needs to improve her shooting drastically. She's best as a slasher right now and doesn't appear to have a developed midrange or perimeter shot from what I've seen.

Bonner may be a good comparison down the road but she needs to improve her shooting drastically. She's best as a slasher right now and doesn't appear to have a developed midrange or perimeter shot from what I've seen.
Sounds like another Joyner Holmes: a player who thinks she's a guard, but lacks the ballhandling competency and shooting range needed to actually play one at a high level.

Get thee to the paint, please!

Sounds like another Joyner Holmes: a player who thinks she's a guard, but lacks the ballhandling competency and shooting range needed to actually play one at a high level.

Get thee to the paint, please!

She has handles which is how she slashes through defenses to the paint... she can dribble through traffic now her jumper needs work but she can def handle the rock

Reactions: Hangtyme24

VN Store

Back