'22 NJ SDE Jayson Jenkins (Tennessee commit)

I am late but always glad to add depth and size on the D-Line!

BOOM!
iu

Yea Garner ...best since sliced bread .. thats what we have all these studs wanting to play for him.. lol
So... you are saying that Pearce, West, Phillips, and now this kid are for sure NOT studs, correct?

I won't repeat the obvious (Garner's bona fides are more impressive than yours). I'm just interested in how you KNOW these guys do not have the talent to be developed into stud DLs.

So... you are saying that Pearce, West, Phillips, and now this kid are for sure NOT studs, correct?

I won't repeat the obvious (Garner's bona fides are more impressive than yours). I'm just interested in how you KNOW these guys do not have the talent to be developed into stud DLs.

Cause this guy didn’t give Jenkins enough stars…

1643665075148.jpeg

Cause this guy didn’t give Jenkins enough stars…

View attachment 431801
I'll be honest. I'm long past being excited by the "rankings" on NSD then disappointed on game day.

I'm OK succeeding or failing... as long as the coaches try something different. If the rankings were as sure as some of these guys think then Jones would still be UT's coach. IIRC, his average ranking was better than Dabo's. But bunches of his "4* studs" were duds.

This kid has the right size. He has a decent offer list but nothing that should make him cocky. If he gets an NIL deal... it will be because he actually earned it at the college level.

He's a lump of clay right now. As I look down 247's list of top DL's in this class, a lot of them are about the same size as this kid. I hope they put a good 40 lbs of muscle on him, teach him to play low, and turn him into a dominant DL.

I'll be honest. I'm long past being excited by the "rankings" on NSD then disappointed on game day.

I'm OK succeeding or failing... as long as the coaches try something different. If the rankings were as sure as some of these guys think then Jones would still be UT's coach. IIRC, his average ranking was better than Dabo's. But bunches of his "4* studs" were duds.

This kid has the right size. He has a decent offer list but nothing that should make him cocky. If he gets an NIL deal... it will be because he actually earned it at the college level.

He's a lump of clay right now. As I look down 247's list of top DL's in this class, a lot of them are about the same size as this kid. I hope they put a good 40 lbs of muscle on him, teach him to play low, and turn him into a dominant DL.

Im right there with you…I’m just saying the dude that’s complaining is basing it entirely and the number of stars the kid has IMO

Just watched his Junior and Senior highlights, this kid GREW A TON in that year, think the staff took him for potential to play inside and uses his hands well

Reactions: norrislakevol
Just watched his Junior and Senior highlights, this kid GREW A TON in that year, think the staff took him for potential to play inside and uses his hands well
Bumphus level player…eventual replacement. I’d say hopefully he can redshirt but nowadays it’s not a luxury.

Every recruiting picture I see has the young men in dark mode unis. Just an observation

As tight as schollies are right now, this guy's risk/reward analysis by CRG must have a big load of reward calculated for him. Always a risk that the instincts and drive are not there, but I like our chances when Garner steps up to the plate.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back