'19 NJ ILB Juwan Mitchell (Texas Transfer) [Tennessee commit]

#1 Reserved for skill player

#0 Stupid, has no place on a football field

#55 Alpha LB number, no

#56 THE Alpha LB number, hell no

#27 Better number for CB or RB but in our case it is a mighty fine LB number. However, this number should be retired so really it shouldn’t be up for discussion.
I wish they would make 27 a number reserved for a senior leader. Does not matter the position. It should hold a special place in Tennessee lore, IMO.

#1 Reserved for skill player

#0 Stupid, has no place on a football field

#55 Alpha LB number, no

#56 THE Alpha LB number, hell no

#27 Better number for CB or RB but in our case it is a mighty fine LB number. However, this number should be retired so really it shouldn’t be up for discussion.
56? 👎

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I feel like Beasley could surprise people and significantly improve next year. He is a young converted safety. He seems to have decent football IQ and good speed for the position. Give him another off season to learn the position and improve tackling and he could be very solid.
I agree with this. He seemed to me to be in the right position a lot. Just not able to make the tackle to finish it off. Seems like his speed could be a bit of an issue. Theo Jackson is a great example. Some kids just take a minute for the game to slow down and then develop. Unfortunately our kids haven’t been developed in many years. And lots of new guys have had to learn on the job against some of the toughest teams in the country.

I agree with this. He seemed to me to be in the right position a lot. Just not able to make the tackle to finish it off. Seems like his speed could be a bit of an issue. Theo Jackson is a great example. Some kids just take a minute for the game to slow down and then develop. Unfortunately our kids haven’t been developed in many years. And lots of new guys have had to learn on the job against some of the toughest teams in the country.
Speed isn't Beasley's issue. People tend to forget that he missed all of spring and summer waiting for a legal issue to be resolved. He wasn't allowed to participate in workouts or anything. A full off season plus the experience gained should result in a much more productive player.

I feel like Beasley could surprise people and significantly improve next year. He is a young converted safety. He seems to have decent football IQ and good speed for the position. Give him another off season to learn the position and improve tackling and he could be very solid.

He needs more strength IMO. Then he can take another step forward.

Obviously. Have you watched him individually on every single play with an all 22 cam?
Nope but I don’t think Beasley is a good player yet….. I just think PFF is nonsense….. PFF is suppose to be advanced analytics but it is obviously out in left field a lot of the time….. it is not being done by experts for one and they so a +/- on each individual play…. Bill Belichek stated that it is a nonsense rating system bc it doesn’t take any consideration what the players responsibilities during each individual play.

Reactions: SoilVol and butchna
Nope but I don’t think Beasley is a good player yet….. I just think PFF is nonsense….. PFF is suppose to be advanced analytics but it is obviously out in left field a lot of the time….. it is not being done by experts for one and they so a +/- on each individual play…. Bill Belichek stated that it is a nonsense rating system bc it doesn’t take any consideration what the players responsibilities during each individual play.

They do take in responsibilities. Coaches get upset with them because they don’t agree with how they grade their players.

What are they in left field on?

It's not perfect. But nothing is. It's no coincidence that the players people universally consider to be the best players happen to have high PFF grades.

And that's true of the Vol players too. Our best performing players for us this year were guys like Hooker, Tillman, Evans, and Mays. That really isn't anything new as we could tell that pretty easily

Last edited:
They do take in responsibilities. Coaches get upset with them because they don’t agree with how they grade their players.

What are they in left field on?
Do you really think Bill Belichek cares how PFF rates his players. I don’t have any examples right now but have seen several that made me shake my head through the years…..This is first time I knew anyone took it seriously.

It's not perfect. But nothing is. It's no coincidence that the players people universally consider to be the best players happen to have high PFF grades.

And that's true of the Vol players too. Our best performing players for us this year were guys like Hooker, Tillman, Evans, and Mays. That really isn't anything new as we could tell that pretty easily
I just don’t agree that it is a very good tool for evaluating players.

Do you really think Bill Belichek cares how PFF rates his players. I don’t have any examples right now but have seen several that made me shake my head through the years…..This is first time I knew anyone took it seriously.

That’s okay. Given their numerous other NFL contracts I’m not sure they care either.

I don’t disagree necessarily, but he’s a rising senior that’s played in 30 games. “Young” may not be the best excuse for him

For Beasley, Banks and Mitchell, my guess is the off-season conditioning work will be to add 5-10 LBs and improve their strength. I am hopeful that the second year in the system the switch will turn on. Especially for stopping running QBs and getting off blocks.

VN Store

Back