NIT

They should be in the NCAAT imo. I’m sorry but if you go 26-4 (18-2) you deserve a shot. Even if they make them a 15 or 16 seed I would be cool with it. You got a school like Drake that has a similar record/situation but they are 45 in the NET rankings and have a win over the Sister Jean’s so that makes them an 11 seed playin team. I would much rather them give automatic bids to regular season champions rather than conference tournament champions.

Reactions: Border Vol
They should be in the NCAAT imo. I’m sorry but if you go 26-4 (18-2) you deserve a shot. Even if they make them a 15 or 16 seed I would be cool with it. You got a school like Drake that has a similar record/situation but they are 45 in the NET rankings and have a win over the Sister Jean’s so that makes them an 11 seed playin team. I would much rather them give automatic bids to regular season champions rather than conference tournament champions.

Yep, the 1 bid leagues should really not have their tournaments. Actually there's an argument none of them should, I find them to be mostly a waste of time. I mean yeah it's great for a situation like Georgetown this year but for the 1 bid leagues especially it sucks that at team dominates all season has to go to the NIT because another team caught fire for 4 days and they had 1 off game.

I liked the way the Ivy League used to do it, they would take the regular season champion. If there was a tie, they'd have a 1 game playoff. I'm not sure what they'd do with a 3 way tie or more, at that point I think they had tiebreakers but not sure. But even they went to a tournament eventually.

Yep, the 1 bid leagues should really not have their tournaments. Actually there's an argument none of them should, I find them to be mostly a waste of time. I mean yeah it's great for a situation like Georgetown this year but for the 1 bid leagues especially it sucks that at team dominates all season has to go to the NIT because another team caught fire for 4 days and they had 1 off game.

I liked the way the Ivy League used to do it, they would take the regular season champion. If there was a tie, they'd have a 1 game playoff. I'm not sure what they'd do with a 3 way tie or more, at that point I think they had tiebreakers but not sure. But even they went to a tournament eventually.
I agree.
It’s not helpful for the profile of those leagues when the best team - one that could be capable of pulling off an upset in the NCAAT - is knocked out in their conference tournament.

Did Louisville turn down an NIT invite?
Technically they’re the first replacement team in the event that a team goes out with Covid . So I guess they could still play . In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did end up playing in the NCAA.

Technically they’re the first replacement team in the event that a team goes out with Covid . So I guess they could still play . In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did end up playing in the NCAA.
Aren't replacement teams only a possibility until the tip off of the first game? After that no teams are to be added? Is that correct

When we reach the Elite 8, a team will drop out due to covid.

And, the NCAA will insert Louisville in their place.

It is all about the television dollars.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
When we reach the Elite 8, a team will drop out due to covid.

And, the NCAA will insert Louisville in their place.

It is all about the television dollars.
That would be crazy, but I think that all teams had to be cleared by Tuesday night. Pretty funny how the tournament chairman was the UK AD and Louisville just missed it and Duke was kind of on the bubble. If UK wasn’t going to make it, neither were UL and Duke. Haha

hated to see way wolfpack intimidated davidson
id like to see SLU or Richmond win this, but havent kept up w/ today's games yet

actually thoughht in december there were a handul of teams that could fare well in NCAAT

VN Store

Back