Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Beyond the 1st party stuff, I mostly like Metrovania games on it. There are lots of good ones.
Bloodstained
Guacamelee 1&2
Dead Cells
The Shantae Series
Steamworld
Hollow Knight
Mega Man x Collections
Hollow Knight is an amazing game. You mention Steamworld. The first one is decent but Steamworld Dig 2 is better and a very good game. I may have to check out a couple you mentioned. Have you played Monster Boy? It’s pretty good. So is Ori and the Blind Forest. I was also surprised by Chasm. I’d actually probably rank those games in the order I mentioned them if you’re looking for something else and haven’t played them. I’m excited for the new Paper Mario game coming out next month as a nice appetizer for upcoming BOTW2 and Silksong releases (eventually).

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Hollow Knight is an amazing game. You mention Steamworld. The first one is decent but Steamworld Dig 2 is better and a very good game. I may have to check out a couple you mentioned. Have you played Monster Boy? It’s pretty good. So is Ori and the Blind Forest. I was also surprised by Chasm. I’d actually probably rank those games in the order I mentioned them if you’re looking for something else and haven’t played them. I’m excited for the new Paper Mario game coming out next month as a nice appetizer for upcoming BOTW2 and Silksong releases (eventually).
Played Ori on PC. Awesome game. I'll check out the others when I can actually use my Switch again. My wife and daughter are on animal crossing atm and I barley get to touch the thing lol. I was about half way through Guacamelee 2 and had to go back to the PS4 games while their obsession runs it's course.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Played Ori on PC. Awesome game. I'll check out the others when I can actually use my Switch again. My wife and daughter are on animal crossing atm and I barley get to touch the thing lol. I was about half way through Guacamelee 2 and had to go back to the PS4 games while their obsession runs it's course.
So how good is Guac? And Guac 2? Are they as good as Ori?

So how good is Guac? And Guac 2? Are they as good as Ori?
I've enjoyed them a lot. I'm not sure I like them as much as Ori but I'd put them in the same league. They are lots of fun to play and have a great sense of humor. They're well worth your time.

For No More Heroes fans, the first 2 games originally on the Wii have been ported to the Switch and were just added to the eShop. It looks like they both got an HD upgrade.

Looks like there is chatter of a Switch Pro being released next year. I might actually buy a Switch Pro if that happens.

It has a bigger screen with the same resolution. This will result in less pixels. I know oled looks better, but I still don’t understand how this will look any better.

I wonder if this isn’t want they planned on rolling out. All the rumors were a more powerful system for this fall with major upgrades. Maybe the chip shortages messed up that plan and they are stuck with these for the time being.

Reactions: bigeasy
It has a bigger screen with the same resolution. This will result in less pixels. I know oled looks better, but I still don’t understand how this will look any better.
The Vita was a lot worse under the hood than the switch but the OLED screen made it look phenomenal. It makes a big difference

My issue with it is twice now Nintendo has revised the Switch solely for the benefit of the hand-held gamer. The first being the Switch Lite, which made it cheaper and more compact. The second now being this 349.99 revision which brings a bigger, better screen, a better kickstand, and a better speaker system. For those of us who play the Switch docked, when is Nintendo going to throw us a freaking bone and give us a revision for our benefit? We were led to believe that this revision was going to include an improved version of the NVIDIA Tegra chip that would support DLSS 2.0 and would result in better performance at an upscaled 4K image when docked. What's mind-blowing to me is the Xbox Series S at 299.99 kills this machine in performance and is 50.00 cheaper! The PS5 REALLY kills this machine and is only 50.00 more at 399.99 for the digital edition.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwhhs
My issue with it is twice now Nintendo has revised the Switch solely for the benefit of the hand-held gamer. The first being the Switch Lite, which made it cheaper and more compact. The second now being this 349.99 revision which brings a bigger, better screen, a better kickstand, and a better speaker system. For those of us who play the Switch docked, when is Nintendo going to throw us a freaking bone and give us a revision for our benefit? We were led to believe that this revision was going to include an improved version of the NVIDIA Tegra chip that would support DLSS 2.0 and would result in better performance at an upscaled 4K image when docked. What's mind-blowing to me is the Xbox Series S at 299.99 kills this machine in performance and is 50.00 cheaper! The PS5 REALLY kills this machine and is only 50.00 more at 399.99 for the digital edition.
That is a very goof point. Kinda forgot about the price point.

My main issue is that it doesn’t seem as if Nintendo addressed the controller drift issue at all. If they did then they haven’t said a word about it and that’s a major issue with the original Switch.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
My main issue is that it doesn’t seem as if Nintendo addressed the controller drift issue at all. If they did then they haven’t said a word about it and that’s a major issue with the original Switch.

I don't know if you're aware but the Joycon thumbsticks are extremely modular and easy to replace. You can buy replacement kits on Amazon and YouTube has instructional videos on how to replace them. They're only connected by 1 ribbon cable and a couple of screws.

Amazon.com: Joycon Joystick Replacement 4 Pack, Replacement Joystick Analog Thumb Stick for Switch Joy-Con Controller & Switch Lite, Left/Right Analog Joystick with Thumbstick Grips & Screws: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
I don't know if you're aware but the Joycon thumbsticks are extremely modular and easy to replace. You can buy replacement kits on Amazon and YouTube has instructional videos on how to replace them. They're only connected by 1 ribbon cable and a couple of screws.

I’ve seen that it is possible. I haven’t actually tried it myself but I might. I found a place that repairs them for about $20 each so I did that but doing it myself would be even better. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, this Switch is a very hard no for me. If I didn't have a Switch I'd get this one but there's no reason for me to upgrade.

VN Store

Back