Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Picked up Yoshi’s CW and MK11.

YCW looks fun. Kid is having a blast.

MK11, while obviously not graphically as good as in the other platforms, still looks pretty good and is fun (first fighting game I’ve bought since I can literally remember).

It's going to be on every platform but holy cow, Shakedown Hawaii looks like the ultimate Switch / Bathroom / Travel game. Watched a couple hours of a stream today. Pretty funny game.

Picked up Yoshi’s CW and MK11.

YCW looks fun. Kid is having a blast.

MK11, while obviously not graphically as good as in the other platforms, still looks pretty good and is fun (first fighting game I’ve bought since I can literally remember).

Yoshi is fun. I just think they're asking too much for it. IMO it's a 40.00 game, not a 60.00 game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Is there still any ongoing talk about Nintendo releasing a more powerful version of the Switch?

Yeah. Rumors are still swirling. Though the difference I dont think will be that significant. The suggested improvements I've seen are...

1. Upgrade from Nvidia V1 chip to V2. It's smaller & more efficient.

2. Upgrade from a 720p screen to a 1080p screen.

3. Better battery

4. Upgrade from 4gb to 8gb ram.

Yeah. Rumors are still swirling. Though the difference I dont think will be that significant. The suggested improvements I've seen are...

3. Better battery

I might be interested if they have a decent trade in on the old one.

3. Better battery

Honestly, and I may be acting too entitled when I say this, but these specs are what the first Switch should have shipped with haha. But, I'm not going to complain if these upgrades turn out to be true.

Honestly, and I may be acting too entitled when I say this, but these specs are what the first Switch should have shipped with haha. But, I'm not going to complain if these upgrades turn out to be true.

Had Wii U not flopped so badly, those probably WOULD'VE been the specs originally. However Nintendo was forced to launch early due to Wii U's failure. I think the hardware was rushed.

Had Wii U not flopped so badly, those probably WOULD'VE been the specs originally. However Nintendo was forced to launch early due to Wii U's failure. I think the hardware was rushed.

I can see that. I haven't bought a Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Advance SP or a console since the Gamecube. It's been a while and looking forward to getting an upgraded version of the Switch when Pokemon S&S releases. But, I am concerned about the whole "only Galar 'mons are available.' I don't really understand about 95% of their reasons for doing that. If all of the original 151 are in the game then I probably wont care about it then, but if only a few of the original 151 are in the game then that'll be a negative for me.

I can see that. I haven't bought a Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Advance SP or a console since the Gamecube. It's been a while and looking forward to getting an upgraded version of the Switch when Pokemon S&S releases. But, I am concerned about the whole "only Galar 'mons are available.' I don't really understand about 95% of their reasons for doing that. If all of the original 151 are in the game then I probably wont care about it then, but if only a few of the original 151 are in the game then that'll be a negative for me.

The Gamecube was so badass! I like to pretend the Wii and the Wii U never existed and the Switch is the direct successor to the 'Cube LOL! I even bought a new wireless "Gamecube" Power A controller for my Switch to play Smash Bros Ultimate.

Pokemon has never been my thing. That's more my son's game. So much of what you just said is like a foreign language to me LOL! However I'm really looking forward to Super Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Reactions: NEO
The Gamecube was so badass! I like to pretend the Wii and the Wii U never existed and the Switch is the direct successor to the 'Cube LOL! I even bought a new wireless "Gamecube" Power A controller for my Switch to play Smash Bros Ultimate.

Pokemon has never been my thing. That's more my son's game. So much of what you just said is like a foreign language to me LOL! However I'm really looking forward to Super Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Man I loved my GameCube! I never got a N64 or PS1 so when I got that I played the crap out of it. I had Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, Melee, Rogue Squadron just to name a few. Also played a few of the Mario Party's as well. The Switch, assuming I get one, will be a big jump from that as I was never into the whole Wii thing.

Pokemon Red was my first ever Gameboy game. My grandma bought that and a Gameboy pocket for me for Christmas when it came out and I just lost myself in it. I played the first and second gens all the time. I stopped because I felt like the 3rd gen was going in a weird direction, but I still very much enjoy Pokemon as a whole and have said "if they bring a game out onto a console then I will get it" which is where I am at now.

Reactions: Rishvol and NEO
Man I loved my GameCube! I never got a N64 or PS1 so when I got that I played the crap out of it. I had Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, Melee, Rogue Squadron just to name a few. Also played a few of the Mario Party's as well. The Switch, assuming I get one, will be a big jump from that as I was never into the whole Wii thing.

Pokemon Red was my first ever Gameboy game. My grandma bought that and a Gameboy pocket for me for Christmas when it came out and I just lost myself in it. I played the first and second gens all the time. I stopped because I felt like the 3rd gen was going in a weird direction, but I still very much enjoy Pokemon as a whole and have said "if they bring a game out onto a console then I will get it" which is where I am at now.
Switch is great dude! You will love it! There are so many great exclusives on it. Zelda Breath of the Wild is fantastic. So is Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Mario Tennis Aces, Fast RMX (spiritual successor to F-Zero), and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Plus tons of great stuff still coming!

Reactions: Rishvol
I’m kind of surprised no one posted the announcement that got the internet so excited:

(And for the more Eastern cultural audiences, probably this one:

)

Switch is great dude! You will love it! There are so many great exclusives on it. Zelda Breath of the Wild is fantastic. So is Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Mario Tennis Aces, Fast RMX (spiritual successor to F-Zero), and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Plus tons of great stuff still coming!

I'm quite excited for Metroid Prime 4. I know it's a way off now, but them starting over gives me great hope. That shows they are dedicated to making great games.

This system had the best Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights best version by far. Graphics blow PS version away. Metroids were awesome too.

And resident evil zero is my favorite re to this day. When you had to put in the second disc right as the house was shifting it just felt awesome.

And it was such a portable system. I could take it anywhere.

Reactions: zhangliao04
I missed the announcement earlier this month, but Nintendo is bringing Myst to the Switch. I’m afraid to buy it for fear that my nostalgia won’t hold up. I loved that game back in the 90s.

Reactions: tweezervol

VN Store

Back