NIL money is going to kill this sport

I’ve said this on this forum before. When some make all the money and most make nothing there will be trouble in the locker room. I’m hearing Banks is butt hurt over money. If so tell him to go get a job or learn about basic economics. You have to be marketable!
I’m not convinced. All pro sports have the haves and have nots. You have a special teams player making the minimum who is playing his ass off and a starting QB making 20 times as much. They manage it. Hold outs and all kinds of stuff. Plenty of years where better players were getting perks and others not.

Eckler was asked this week, “do you re-recruit the kids” and it was the furthest thing from his mind. So, coaches are going to have to start thinking differently.

Regardless of the reasons for Banks disappearance, you are correct the NIL money will rip college sports apart. Its a money game now and every angle to make money and use it against the other teams will be utilized. The out of control spiral will continue until it explodes the sport. Visualize the NFL with no financial rules or draft rules in place, biggest organizations would create a dream team.

I don't know what the answer is, but telling players they can only make a certain amount while coaches are getting insane $100M deals with guaranteed buyouts doesn't sound right either.
Agree. NCAA has brought the NIL problem on themselves. Coach salaries are borderline immoral. You have coaches making millions screaming at 20 year old kids so they can continue to make millions

I’ve said this on this forum before. When some make all the money and most make nothing there will be trouble in the locker room. I’m hearing Banks is butt hurt over money. If so tell him to go get a job or learn about basic economics. You have to be marketable!

In the short term yes probably. Long term? Nahh…it won’t cause any more problems than in the pros. Life is filled with disparity in income etc… The problem right now is Srs and Juniors didn’t get to compete on the open market. They now share a locker room with kids that are getting payed while they feasibly get snubbed.

Until all the NON NIL kids graduate or move on OR get payed there will be turmoil In the locker room.
Scrub teams don’t have big stars getting huge pay while others aren’t. So they have a single common cause WIN and get to the pros to make $.

I would have no issues if NIL was strictly the players getting money for sales of their jerseys with name and number or something like that. Maybe even doing a commercial with a set pricing list, but money creates problems and you see it at A&M and possibly here.

It’s partly jealousy if true and that is a strong problem to deal with for sure.

Reactions: GBOx2
How well do you think nico is gonna be received? Told my son years back if they every did NIL that college foot ball would be dead . Paying players is fine but the way it's being done does nothing but create individuals and not a team ..If it were me ,all players would get a certain amount . Every game you were a starter would pay you more. Have bonuses for certain achievements for individual players at their position..Have a cap on everything. Sponsorship to individuals shouldn't be in the college game ..The NCAA is useless ..This would drive competition and not division like it will do ..Hoping from team to team in the portal was the beginning of problem. The sport is based on a team and that concept is dead now ..Don't know if rumors are true and don't care because the problem is gonna get worse and worse ..

This is exactly why I haven't and won't donate to NIL.
This sums up NIL deals and my main concern before it was implemented. I almost guarantee it is the problem at A&M this year.

Reactions: GBOx2
Maybe he can do some recruiting commercials for KPD for NIL money......

I kid, I kid

I have seen some of the best college football ever this year. NIL will be adjusted and work itself out. It isn’t killing college football, in fact fan attendance went up dramatically this year. College football has never been more popular. GBO
Attendance has been up in the SEC but down everywhere else

Regrettably, with no regulatory framework around NIL (other than the IRS putting a bullseye on it) there will be haves and have nots within the conferences and there will be haves and have nots within each team at each school, such that a player riding a full scholarship with no NIL deal will be considered poor by the economic realities, forcing the coaches into the NIL programs and that is where the individual reams and programs begin to fall apart.

... and he won't be the last to be butthurt about it. Imagine being a senior lineman that has to block for that high school"superstar" that already has more money than you will ever make and hasn't played a down yet...

Good times

Mark my words, “ NIL will kill college sports “
I don’t care what you think or what you say, pure collegiate sports are a thing of the past.
Pure Rat Poison ☠️

Not saying Banks is bc this is all speculation. But if you are mad, that someone makes more then you, then you need to grow the F up.

Mark my words, “ NIL will kill college sports “
I don’t care what you think or what you say, pure collegiate sports are a thing of the past.
Pure Rat Poison ☠️

Well good thing you joined here to tell us all about it then.

Not saying Banks is bc this is all speculation. But if you are mad, that someone makes more then you, then you need to grow the F up.

True but it won’t keep it from happening inside the locker room.
this is a new dynamic that coaches probably don’t want to deal with.
They might not be able to deal with.

NIL is fine. There's a certain reality everyone has to face in life. High achievers are going to make more money. It's not just that way in pro sports, it's that way across the board. In the NFL you may have a linebacker out there killing himself every play for 10 percent of what a wide receiver is making, who along with QBs have special rules in place to protect them from the violence. Anyone who causes trouble for reasons of jealousy has no future in any kind of professional setting and may as well go apply at a factory where everyone makes basically the same salary.

Agree. It is going to crush college football.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
True but it won’t keep it from happening inside the locker room.
this is a new dynamic that coaches probably don’t want to deal with.
They might not be able to deal with.
It will become the norm and expected soon. It irks me that people believe we should be limiting people earning off their name, image, and likeness. Their ability to do that is far important in our country then whatever damage it cause college sports

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
It will become the norm and expected soon. It irks me that people believe we should be limiting people earning off their name, image, and likeness. Their ability to do that is far important in our country then whatever damage it cause college sports

It amazes me how many people are pro-capitialism/free market.....until it comes to this and then they want it to be the same archaic model from 70 years ago.

It amazes me how many people are pro-capitialism/free market.....until it comes to this and then they want it to be the same archaic model from 70 years ago.

This is not about capitalism and the free market.
It’s about creating unhealthy individuals on a team sport where most are getting paid full tuition worth $100,000 to play football.
Did you know they can come back to college later and finish their degrees for free?

I can promise you that out of this there will be criminality of all sorts.

VN Store

Back