NIL has already begun to get out of hand

I'm for capitalisim as well, but not at the expense of ruining what you already have.
Just because somethin can be done, doesn't always mean it should be done.

Then you’re not for capitalism.

You can’t be in favor of someone maximizing their earning potential, then place limits on it because it affects you or me as fans/consumers.

If by some chance a kid takes money and has a career ending injury they’re going to want money back. They won’t just say “ole well”. They’re expecting them to produce.
This is really dumb. I'm sorry. Feel free to repeat it four or five more times. Still dumb. And not only that, nobody cares about this, I promise. Nobody is going to say, in 2024 "well, it was a perfect system, except when that guy got hurt, they canceled it all".

This is really dumb. I'm sorry. Feel free to repeat it four or five more times. Still dumb. And not only that, nobody cares about this, I promise. Nobody is going to say, in 2024 "well, it was a perfect system, except when that guy got hurt, they canceled it all".

Quality post.

Yea I do know that’s what happens. When Lebron gets hurt, Sprite doesn’t cut his sponsorship money.

When Brady was hurt, Ugg Boots didn’t take back their money.

When Steph Curry went down, Under Armor didn’t take his money back.

Sponsors can end a deal, or renegotiate, but they aren’t going to take back the money already given.

Perhaps he’s projecting what he wants to happen under those circumstances.

Then you’re not for capitalism.

You can’t be in favor of someone maximizing their earning potential, then place limits on it because it affects you or me as fans/consumers.
I never said "place limits" on anything. Feel free to do whatever you (plurel) want to maximize your earning potential, but don't bitch and whine when that money train dries up because nobody cares any more.

I said "When" the money train dries up. Nobody is whining right now because everyone is making money

So all of a sudden we care what happens later? 😂

It’s up to the players to manager their income, no different than you or me. That’s on them.

But your point is noted…believe me it is.

Reactions: volfanbill
I never said "place limits" on anything. Feel free to do whatever you (plurel) want to maximize your earning potential, but don't bitch and whine when that money train dries up because nobody cares any more.
Dries up for the individual player or for this new system?

So all of a sudden we care what happens later? 😂

It’s up to the players to manager their income, no different than you or me. That’s on them.

But your point is noted…believe me it is.
I'm actualy talking about not just NIL, but playoff expansion, super conferences, ect........

It's going to ruin college football as we know it. You saying you don't care about later speaks volumes.

I'm actualy talking about not just NIL, but playoff expansion, super conferences, ect........

It's going to ruin college football as we know it. You saying you don't care about later speaks volumes.
College football has been changing my entire 40 year life. Why would the next step be what “ruins” it? The only thing thus far that’s has diminished my enjoyment is the levels of suckitude my beloved Tennessee Volunteers have managed to stumble upon

Allow me to clarify…if an individual “student-athlete” mismanages his/her NIL earnings, and those earnings dry up, that’s a personal responsibility issue.

If this new business model becomes the undoing of college football as we know it, because the players are finally getting a piece of the pie they’ve been baking for decades, then so be it.

You can pump up the volume on the previous paragraph.

This ship has been slowly sinking since the OU/UGA Supreme Court decision back in 1984.

Allow me to clarify…if an individual “student-athlete” mismanages his/her NIL earnings, and those earnings dry up, that’s a personal responsibility issue.

If this new business model becomes the undoing of college football as we know it, because the players are finally getting a piece of the pie they’ve been baking for decades, then so be it.

You can pump up the volume on the previous paragraph.

This ship has been slowly sinking since the OU/UGA Supreme Court decision back in 1984.

Absolutely.........

I just don't want it ruined.

And yet you put in your 2 but hey I’m not surprised when you are wrong you are wrong.

A kid mismanaging his/her income somehow ruins your enjoyment of college sports….how?
I don't want the new "business model" to ruin it. A kid screwing up his finance isn't going to do anything to me.

honestly think we are kinda debating different things. All good.

I don't want the new "business model" to ruin it. A kid screwing up his finance isn't going to do anything to me.

honestly think we are kinda debating different things. All good.
So what business model is this you speak of? A bigger playoff?

VN Store

Back