Nikki Fargas

Oh stop...Holly was better than Nikki as the results show and she was a former lady vol...Maybe we should've kept her by your logic...Like I said go back to the JG thread so we can keep laughing at your idiocy.

I'm not sure what to say about this take other than it being short sighted. You can't compare the UT program to the LSU program. Switch programs and Warlick LSU program probably never beats Fargas UT program. I'm not saying Fargas is elite but she is better than Warlick. Fargas actually turned around a program.

I'm not sure what to say about this take other than it being short sighted. You can't compare the UT program to the LSU program. Switch programs and Warlick LSU program probably never beats Fargas UT program. I'm not saying Fargas is elite but she is better than Warlick. Fargas actually turned around a program.
Technically, so did Holly. Wrong direction, though đź‘Ź.

The arguments about her relative success are quite interesting. Would she have recruited as strongly and put up such stellar numbers at another school? My guess is no, but it seems everyone just looks at the number. I don't think the numbers tell the story in this case.

Ok, I'll stop now. I said I won't speak ill of the dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
The only choice if we go former LV. I see a lot of Kelly Harper posts. But why? Caldwell is a far superior coach.

KH 15 years
57.9% winning % overall
52.2% P5 overall
44.2% P5 Conference record
NCF 11 years
62.9% overall
62.9% P5 overall
51.6% P5 Conference rec

KH-15 years
4 first round NCAA exits
One Sweet 16 run currently

NCF-11 years
3 first round
3 second round
2 Sweet 16s

Much more success in less time. Better recruiter and coach.

If we hire a LV it has to be Nikki. Time to fix the original mistake of hiring Holls over her.

Based on above info, Kellie 57.9% overall. From Google, Nikkie 62.9% overall (51.6% SEC). Holly 72% overall, (69.6% SEC). I appreciate their contributions as players for Pat, but it seems like either one would be a step back from an already mediocre coach. I hope we can do better! GBO.

Based on above info, Kellie 57.9% overall. From Google, Nikkie 62.9% overall (51.6% SEC). Holly 72% overall, (69.6% SEC). I appreciate their contributions as players for Pat, but it seems like either one would be a step back from an already mediocre coach. I hope we can do better! GBO.
No, to Fargas. Hasn't had great success at LSU.

There is a difference of winning and managing players at a mid major( Jolly) and at the beast that is the Lady Vols. The recruiting is a different level and the managing of the players at this level is why certain coaches ( Jolly, Jack, and others) have failed at Power 5 type schools but flourished at the mid major levels. Not saying they are bad coaches, just not cut out or have the personality or Alpha to do a school like Tennessee. Many many examples of this if you look hard.

If we hire a former Lady Vol it should be Nikki McCray-Penson.

Fargas' last 5 years at LSU have been worse than what Holly's last 5 were here at UT. Harper had her chance at a big program in her stint at NC State and was not successful overall.

By the way. Fargas did not turn LSU around. They were already an elite program under Gunter and Chatman. Even Van Chancellor did well there. If anything, they have been on a decline the last 5 years.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Interesting Massey stat: LSU has a #6 defensive ranking, two spots higher than Connecticut. Their offense however is abysmal at #155.

In year 15 she finally gets to a Sweet 16. Fargas has two already in 11 years. Way more tourneys. Better success at large schools. She is better.

Before this year the prior two season 19 and 20 wins. KH 21 and 16.

Harper is a good mid major coach who gets a program better after few seasons. That is all. NF is a better big program big game coach and recruiter. All the numbers back that up.

Fargas has less years and more success. Period.

No need to lie to make your argument. She has had a downturn at LSU but still made the tourney every year except this year and one other on 8 years. She got UCLA good and got better every single year.
UCLA
08-09 19-12 9-9 conf
09-10 25-9 15-3 conf
10-11 28-5 16-2 conf
She literally got better every year

LSU in eight years She is 58%

KH at NCSTATE 52% 20 wins year one and actually did get worse each year.
Up and down at MST worse than Fargas at LSU. 24 wins year three. 16 wins year four.

Neither one is the best choice. Nikki is just better in comparison.

My dream hire is Hammon.
Nikki has paid her dues! It's time to bring her home....

Wants and saying a better choice than Harper are two completely different things.

Many want Harper. Fargas is better though.
Nikki knows defense and offense as a player. She will fix our problems, given the talents at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Ridiculous...Jeff Walz will probably be the new Tennessee Coach and is really the best choice...Thanks for your input tho..You may go back to your JG worship thread now.
JG could cut off Mr. winkey and dominate womens b ball. He's that good

The only choice if we go former LV. I see a lot of Kelly Harper posts. But why? Caldwell is a far superior coach.

KH 15 years
57.9% winning % overall
52.2% P5 overall
44.2% P5 Conference record
NCF 11 years
62.9% overall
62.9% P5 overall
51.6% P5 Conference rec

KH-15 years
4 first round NCAA exits
One Sweet 16 run currently

NCF-11 years
3 first round
3 second round
2 Sweet 16s

Much more success in less time. Better recruiter and coach.

If we hire a LV it has to be Nikki. Time to fix the original mistake of hiring Holls over her.
I respect your opinion but if you look back at the days when Pokey Chatman was the LSU coach, they were in the final four 3 or 4 times and it came down to UT and LSU usually for the conference crown. Two years after Pokey was fired they went down to average and that is where they are now.

Reactions: HeatCheck

VN Store

Back