Florida State = Fear The Spear
Oklahoma = Stake Our Claim
Florida = Finish The Mission
Texas = It Only Takes Eleven
LSU = Cochon De Lait
Mizzou = Beast Mode
Miami = The U Knows

My French is a little rusty, but doesn't that mean something like, "Milky Pig?"

I like the concept of higher tech padding and lighter weight.

Can we get a similar Adidas technology in our traditional looks?

fsu%20gloves.jpg

The emblem is sick, but the top of the gloves are eh...

I wish we had Nike( not cause of new uni's) but all the top programs have them..VT,Ohio State,Florida State,Oklahoma,Florida,Texas,LSU,Miami. Most of the teams are always in top 25 and didnt we lose shelby at a nike camp...just sayin nike promotes players the best. There is always a nike commercial on TV.

who cares about the top of the gloves when the Seminole looks so bad ass?
yes indeed Addias needs to get on their job! how long do have the contract with them (that is addias)

My French is a little rusty, but doesn't that mean something like, "Milky Pig?"

It's a French dish involving pork, and LSU is wearing these uniforms the week they play Arky. Also, Texas' slogan is "it only takes 11" the week they play at A&M (home of the 12th man).

I wish we had Nike( not cause of new uni's) but all the top programs have them..VT,Ohio State,Florida State,Oklahoma,Florida,Texas,LSU,Miami. Most of the teams are always in top 25 and didnt we lose shelby at a nike camp...just sayin nike promotes players the best. There is always a nike commercial on TV.

It is true that Nike is leaps and bounds above Adidas in advertising and credentials.

Are these permanent uniform changes, or just one-off deals? I'm leaning towards permanent as I don't think they'd spend that much time & money creating these new unis to only be seen once.

I don't like their title "pro-combat", but I like the 37% lighter weight and padding that more evenly distributes the impact of hitting. Also, the materials are supposed to resist water absorption (46% lighter than regular uniform when wet). Nike took weight reduction so seriously that they replaced the steel D ring on the belt with lighter titanium. The FSU AD says they'll wear this technology with their traditional look all next season.

That weight reduction could be significant in player performance.

Are these permanent uniform changes, or just one-off deals? I'm leaning towards permanent as I don't think they'd spend that much time & money creating these new unis to only be seen once.

I believe the technology may be permanent (at least for some of the schools), but the graphic designs will likely be one-offs. I think half of Ohio would flip their gourds if OSU permanently went with the design they're wearing for the Michigan game this year. There was a little bit of that a few years ago when all they did was slightly change the stripe on the sleeves of the jersey.

VN Store

Back