Night Owls/Insomniacs Thread Part IV

I know a little about the challenges you and the Mrs face, not saying what road God has planned but
We have had challenges and a tragedy, feel a piece of monofilament between our lives.
Major car wreck by youngest son, 17th birthday in icu, 163 day in a brain and spine hospital in Atlanta, Shepard Center. By God and good Drs he’s a great father and person, he’s also my hero. Wonderful story, with a great ending.
2016 youngest daughter, pasted away at 29 in our home. She is so in our heart.
Wife has major car wreck on I-75, 2018 she spent 3 months at Health South rehab in west Knoxville. No doubt God was with her. She is better than new. She contracted H. Pylori last June and still battling to get her system and body together again. As wife says “ I’ve hurt worse“
My special Mom when to heaven
Mixed in was other deaths and just crappy adult life and memories.

Nothing is as bad as a loved one in a life threatening battle. Caregiving is hard but it’s satisfying and it’s what we do.
I’m not alone and I want you to know
You are not alone either. Stay strong and there are tough tragic times, some have the ending you want. Prayers work and it’s real.
I don’t open up like this often, I think the dark of night and night shift has has me sharing, one thing is for certain, we never forget.
God Bless you and yours
Jack
Man, I'm sorry to hear all of that,but glad you know you can turn to God for help.

Great that you like it and lots of time off, do you keep your daily schedule on days off?
I try to keep my sleeping routine the same but it always less on free days. I’ll stay up tiil three or so , get up at 8 and do my thing. I only work 2-3 months twice a year, kinda my own choice. And I’m getting to the end of that, I wanta fish more, see the kids, enjoy wifey. We live south of Knoxville, Both grew up in e. Tn but my plant is on the central Cali coast.
Be safe a work
I just got home, and I'm off the next two nights. I'll sleep about an hour today, have 3 appointments for my wife in Cumming GA. I go back Wednesday, so I'll try to sleep in that morning. That's basically my routine.

Slow night until operations made a misalignment, oops, half the power/lights in unit 2 went down. Now to go back thru start up procedures. At least plant was on aux power. A least city light stayed on, they don’t like to put the public in the dark.
GBO
I’m thinking we got a good Lady vol coach

Slow night until operations made a misalignment, oops, half the power/lights in unit 2 went down. Now to go back thru start up procedures. At least plant was on aux power. A least city light stayed on, they don’t like to put the public in the dark.
GBO
I’m thinking we got a good Lady vol coach
I’m pleased with White’s hire and will give Caldwell every chance. I like her full court game and expect feisty defense and prolific offense. 👍🏼

How things change , last night on cruise control,
Tonight put out everyone’s fires. Shift ain’t over till 6:30 pst but I’m out
I go in some nights, and everything is going so good I get bored enough to think I need something to do. Other nights, stuff breaks down, and I can't even get a good break in🤣

Sleeps meds are taking longer tonight than usual so unfortunately I am still up. Hopefully, I can get some rest soon.

Reactions: joevol33
Yesterday, on a bike ride in rural east Georgia, I stopped to pick up a big, beautiful black snake in the road and place it on the shoulder of the side to which it was headed. A couple of other riders were aghast at my handling of the snake. A few miles later, the carcass of a similar size snake was in the road. Yeah, I didn’t want that black snake to suffer the same fate.

Yesterday, on a bike ride in rural east Georgia, I stopped to pick up a big, beautiful black snake in the road and place it on the shoulder of the side to which it was headed. A couple of other riders were aghast at my handling of the snake. A few miles later, the carcass of a similar size snake was in the road. Yeah, I didn’t want that black snake to suffer the same fate.

You can't be saving those yucky and gross snakes from a certain death. 😉

VN Store

Back