Nico passes Arch Manning for no1 recruit in 23

Arch never should’ve been the #1 by any past metric the recruiting services have used.

His last name is the only reason he was rated that high. And fwiw I think Arch will be successful.
Agree with that, his name moved him to the head of the class. His downfall to me is not playing in All Star games and getting exposed when he played the better teams in HS. He will have a good career in college but how does he handle the expectations.

Agree with that, his name moved him to the head of the class. His downfall to me is not playing in All Star games and getting exposed when he played the better teams in HS. He will have a good career in college but how does he handle the expectations.
That’s how services have done every single player up until Manning. If they didn’t participate in camps, all star games, 7 on 7, etc they were penalized. Manning just wasn’t. Also if you looked at film of the top 20 qbs in the country and knew none of them you wouldn’t put Manning in the top three. Now all of that said I have no doubt he is successful in college if he’s in the right system.

Arch isn't a bad QB. The thing that propelled him to #1 is he was light years ahead of his class as a Freshman. The rest of the class caught up to him and some passed him. I still believe that he should be a 5 star but I dont think he is the #1 player or #1 QB and I havent thought that he was for the past year or more. He hasnt played the competition that some of the other players have played.

Holy crap Batman. I just spend 15 minutes searching for the Texas Longhorns football schedule for this Fall. It is nowhere to be found and finally, I saw that their cupcake league said they will not have the schedules out till the end of January. I wanted to see what kind of teams Archie will be playing other than the always tough... Kansas Jayhawks, Iowa State Cyclones, Red Raiders of Texas Tech and well, need I go on????

He'd have a ring or two if he went to Bama. He'd fit in great there.
I have this strange suspicion that at some point over the past three-four years, Peyton got Arch off to one side and said something like, "Listen, Arch, I support you in whatever you choose. I got your back. I'm not gonna ask you to consider Tennessee, though I'd love to see you there. You have this opportunity to forge your own path. Wherever you pick, I support you. I just have one request: do not, please for the love of everything good in this world, do not even consider going to Alabama. That's my only request. Love ya. Now rub some dirt on it, and let's go."

Heh.

Go Vols!

Arch never should’ve been the #1 by any past metric the recruiting services have used.

His last name is the only reason he was rated that high. And fwiw I think Arch will be successful.

I agree with you. It's so difficult to be down on any member of that family. Good people. And I hope we get the chance to play against him while he's at Texas.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Does what they did in HS really matter? They're on their respective campuses now and what happened in HS is in the past.

VN Store

Back