Nico Iamaleava should get substantial play time against UGA. He's earned it.

Given what's hit us with injuries this year, would you put Nico in with our backup OL vs UGAs hungery 5 star backups? I wouldn't even want him in with our STARTING Ol vs UGA. Can you imagine the fallout if Nico tears an ACL at this point in a season that's already pretty much a closed book? I think you let him get time with the starters vs Vandy then go to Moore and Shuler with the backups late. You simply do not put Nico at risk at this point.

People will dismiss your post. But, it's a good point. We literally still had idiots blaming Fulmer for 2006 when he had Eric Ainge throw a deep ball before the end of the ½. Justin Tuck sacked him and injured him and out for season. People literally blamed Fulmer for having a QB attempt a pass.

Reactions: feathersax
Serious question. Does anyone think that NIL money affects playing time. For example if l’m investing in a certain player it would be much better for me if that player actually plays. I’m just thinking that some of the new environment could potentially lead to influence in game decisions. Money usually talks…. Thoughts?

This will be Milton's team for the rest of the season. Even if CJH thinks Nico is better than Milton right now, he will let Milton play out the season. It would be bad PR and bad for recruiting to replace your QB who has 3 games left in his collegiate career with some hope to get drafted.

Just be an opportunity to show confidence in him, plus he's our future plus he should have played a lot more this year. A chance to right the wrong imo.

Has he earned it ? Maybe Nico isn’t very good? None of us really know
But the OP does! He must be at every practice and hang out with the team in the locker room and have lunch with the coaches.

Now the rest of us may have a strong belief that he will be great and maybe even an upgrade right now, but we’ve only seen a dozen snaps in games that were over.

Serious question. Does anyone think that NIL money affects playing time. For example if l’m investing in a certain player it would be much better for me if that player actually plays. I’m just thinking that some of the new environment could potentially lead to influence in game decisions. Money usually talks…. Thoughts?
Has Nico played more than a few mop up snaps?

That should answer your question.
Nobody is getting more NIL than him at UT.

Reactions: dgrind65
People will dismiss your post. But, it's a good point. We literally still had idiots blaming Fulmer for 2006 when he had Eric Ainge throw a deep ball before the end of the ½. Justin Tuck sacked him and injured him and out for season. People literally blamed Fulmer for having a QB attempt a pass.
Well, I kinda earned my rep in that regard.

Not sure how Nico has "earned" anything. If being on the sidelines with a pleasant look on his face, all the while watching, for the most part, bad gb play, then yes, he's earned it.

How has he earned it? In practice? He hasn’t thrown much in the game.

Heupel now says he may keep the redshirt, which implies he won’t play against Georgia AND Vanderbilt. Frankly, Vandy won’t tell him anything.

The reason I'm excited about next season is our qb Nico. He's already found the game. You know how the game came to Manning early on? The game came to Hooker. The game is finally coming to Dobbs. He finally caught up to it and is playing like he did in college. Nico I think is already there. When a UGA fan (grad) questions why we don't let him play I have to scratch my head. Milton is good but he never obtained that status on a consistent basis.
Who says he "earned it"? And maybe more importantly, who has the qualification, information, and pay grade to decide he's "earned it"?

Personally, I think you let Milton take the lumps vs UGA and then intentionally give Nico run with the 1's vs Vandy.

How has he earned it? In practice? He hasn’t thrown much in the game.

Heupel now says he may keep the redshirt, which implies he won’t play against Georgia AND Vanderbilt. Frankly, Vandy won’t tell him anything.
Nico has played in 3 games. He can RS if he plays in one of the two last games.

Nico has earned playing time against the number 1 team in the country by not playing this year.

Logic checks out.

I'm as ready to move on from Milton as anyone but this drum has been beaten since at least the FL game and hasn't happened yet.

Best bet for Saturday is to hope the defense can find its testicles ( assuming they aren't hanging from Schraders rear view mirror), the running game can get cranked up and Beck has a horrible game.

I'm not expecting any of that to happen though and sure don't expect Iamaleavea to get anything other than mop up duty.

VN Store

Back