Nico and OL

Dougie_D

I’m wondering if Heupel is redshirting Nico based on OL?
We got tons of Redshirted Freshmen and Freshmen
Nico could potentially always play behind an O-line with 1 and 2 years of experience ahead of him .

I think he's redshirting him because
A) He ended up not needing Nico to play more than 4 games.
B) He's eligible for a redshirt
C) Nobody knows if he will need 5 years to play 4. Maybe he's not as good as VN thinks he is. Is anybody ever as good as VN thinks they should be? If he does live up to the Heup, he won't need an extra year of eligibility. If he's not, then he might.

It's really that simple iyam.

C) Nobody knows if he will need 5 years to play 4. Maybe he's not as good as VN thinks he is. Is anybody ever as good as VN thinks they should be? If he does live up to the Heup, he won't need an extra year of eligibility. If he's not, then he might.

Hooker, Shuler, Manning

Everyone loves the backup. But yes, it’s really that simple.

Everyone seems to have a theory, so here's mine. Early in the season, Nico likely wasn't ready. By mid-season, he likely could have taken over. However, with the other injuries/deficiencies on the team, starting Nico and burning his red shirt wouldn't have moved the needle enough to overcome the other issues on the team and we would have still finished 8-4.

D. Nico was also injured during part of the season.

Nico could potentially always play behind an O-line with 1 and 2 years of experience ahead of him .

He is redshirting Nico BECAUSE--------HE CAN!!! Always leave all options open....

Then again, what if Nico were to get hurt one year after game 5 and was out for the rest of the year?

Who knows it could be anything including trying to bulk him up before being exposed to the weekly beating of playing QB in the SEC.
What if 5 offensive lineman got into a car accident and they were all out 2-3 weeks during bama week?? IFs and BUTS were candy and nuts.......

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

Nico actually gets the ball out faster than JMs 100mph fastballs. He has quick decision making and a quick release. It will save him a lot of damage. We will also focus on beefing him up this off season

Maybe he is going to try to get a transfer portal QB because Nico is not ready or not the answer?

I hope Nico is good enough to not be here for 5 years. If he would have started Nico he would have lost the locker room and we still would have been around 8-4.

This gives us a year to keep growing OL and hopefully getting a quality LT from the portal. I wish he would have played a little more to get more experience.

Nico could have played more if the offensive and defensive did their job in those we should’ve stomped them in the first half games.

VN Store

Back