Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

They don't have the advantage anymore? Really? Bama fans are the craziest in the country--it's the state of Alabama: college football is about the only thing that place has got. Only texas and a&m boosters are in the same Fanatic ball park. So in a money game, you'd be foolish to think that above-board corruption is going to even things out. It won't.
The sucking sound you hear tonight is the vacuum caused by millions of people in Alabama suddenly realizing they now have no identity apart from Alabama football

The Bama message boards are tracking planes and naming every coach under the sun. It's like a trip down memory lane. There seem to be more Bama fans in Favor of Kiffin or DeMeco Ryans over Lanning. Some are calling for Pruitt as DC(Maybe they don't know about the show cause)? Fun times!

Agreed. Likewise, James Franklin hasn’t crushed it at PSU. And DeBoer seems too novel still. But it will be wild to watch!

I don't think Lanning will be getting back on the plane to Oregon without a contract. He's the one, makes the most sense - a young, successful coach and great recruiter who is very familiar with the SEC. Also knows Kirby's plan inside out.

I don't see the big Lanning to Bama talk...He can't even win the PAC 12.

Guess we will see.

That’s the buyout that Clemson would owe him if he’s fired without cause. His buyout to leave Clemson for another job is $7.5 million.
Doesn't he have a bigger buyout if leaving for Bama? I know that was on the table when he renewed 3 or 4 years ago.

If they choose Lanning it will be the start of every SEC team trying to copy UGA. Would be nice to see a feud going on so we can continue to build in the darkness. They would probably run pretty similar systems so we could build a team to beat that.

I live in Alabama, so it's all I'm hearing right now... The crazy thing is they said he was interviewing coaches today for the DC position and then suddenly at 4pm he called a meeting and retired. One of their db's was on a show the other day and was asked if he thought saban would retire.. He replied Coach Saban will die on the football field before he retires. It's been said that no one had any idea of this happening before the meeting. I really hope they didn't get some bad health news today.

This is the chance for Heupel to make up for any roster deficiencies and raid the Bama roster. We can finally pick up a game breaking S like Downs and shore up our OL for the future by getting a guy like Proctor. Coach needs to get on this ASAP, until now, his roster management has been abysmal and we can right the ship in a 2 week span. All in to win it with Nicoooooooo!
Please explain what roster mistakes Heupel has made in 3 years with the deck stacked against him.

VN Store

Back