Nick Saban & Kirby Smart THREATENED by Vols NIL Collective

I remember one thing Nick said about why he left the NFL was that it was hard for players to respect him when they were making several times as much as he is. I wonder if that's part of it is that with NIL, players could (if not done correctly) go somewhere else and not put up with his crap.

I would absolutely hate to be a college coach, no doubt. Between roster management, personality management, and now throw in this, it's gotta be immensely more difficult than before. However, this is the new reality. Get with it or get left behind. Tennessee seems like they're in a great spot to be successful, between having a personable head coach, a competent AD, and a collective that is apparently #1 in the country, with a fanbase eager to donate and win.

The NCAA just needs to get out of the way. They and the coaches are literally the only ones crying. And they and the coaches have been abusing the system for years. A coach can leave for more money, but a kid can't transfer and get paid at all. Just very unfair.

I hope it doesn't ruin the sport. But it also could increase fan involvement and investment. Now many of us have skin in the game through Spyre, and feel like we're truly making a difference in the quality of the program. That's different than just buying season tix to support a new addition to a stadium or a buyout. I'd say, from a fan perspective, it can be rewarding to the fan bases like ours who are truly passionate, and willing to put their money where their mouth is.
There are definitely concerns about NIL and the future of college football but itā€™s laughable that Kirby and Nick are leading the charge against it šŸ˜†

Wanna know how we are on our way back. Saban and Kirby are bellyaching about the NIL know. Spire Sports has them shaking in there boots.

They can't stand that the sleeping giant of Knoxville has woken up. It's a great time to be a Vol Nation.

GBDO

ROTFLMAO

For the last couple of decades each conference has had a ā€œchosenā€ teamā€¦Bama, Clemson, Ohio stateā€¦to name a few. Whatā€™s telling is how they consistently, year after year after year, pull in 5 star after 5 star. A kid with a new SUV here, no problem. An A average while never attending class there, no problem. A drug offense that disappears there, also no problem. These chosen schools have ā€œgreased the skids,ā€ and, quite literally, wrote the book on how to pay off players and skirt rules that everyone else had to follow! Well, now the playing field is a level one and I suspect that those who scream the loudest are the very ones losing that ā€œspecialā€ privilege. And along with it, losing a few games as well. We shall soon see. GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Southeastern VFL
Actually, it is going to be the coaches that can manage rosters full of paid players who are more likely to be entitled that will be successful. Maybe CH can, but it is yet to be determined.

Nick Sabin getting his way every time he says something should be investigated . He has to much control of CF like he runs the show.

Didn't they pass a rule once that prevented him from going around to schools during the summer?

Nick Sabin getting his way every time he says something should be investigated . He has to much control of CF like he runs the show.

Something tells me he will never leave Alabama. There is so much dirt in Tuscaloosaā€¦ When the dust settles if anybody starts to dig around it would bury their program and flip the NCAA.

Wanna know how we are on our way back. Saban and Kirby are bellyaching about the NIL know. Spire Sports has them shaking in there boots.

They can't stand that the sleeping giant of Knoxville has woken up. It's a great time to be a Vol Nation.

GBDO

They are not threatened. However, the NIL is a great way for Tennessee to catch up and itā€™s exciting to see the talent coming in. One more step toward relevance.

GBDO

In addition to being a die gard vol for life, i am also a savvy investor. In the investing world, we would said this is incredibly bullish for Tennessee football.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back