Nice story in the Washington Post about new-look Lady Vols

I love this from Davis ... to think a coach that doesn’t just move on and say That’s ok but makes them work to be better. Who woulda figured!

“She forces us to be great,” Davis said of Harper. “We have to pretty much get stuff right before we move forward, so I think that’s going to help us in the long run.”

Anyone know if any of the tour games be televised?

I heard from a friend in the media dept. and she says the 2nd game in Belgium is being broadcast over there but she didn't have the particulars. The 1st game in the Netherlands and the 3rd game in France aren't being broadcast in a way to be seen here in the U.S. I wish I had more info but I'll be glad to pass on anything I hear.....

I love this from Davis ... to think a coach that doesn’t just move on and say That’s ok but makes them work to be better. Who woulda figured!

“She forces us to be great,” Davis said of Harper. “We have to pretty much get stuff right before we move forward, so I think that’s going to help us in the long run.”

“I’m hopeful that this will be a really positive trip for us in the chemistry department because I think that’s a big part of winning and losing,” Harper said. “I really do. I think you’ve got to have great chemistry to be able to be a great team.”

She’s going for greatness, nothing less. Love it! GO LADY VOLS!

Dan Fleser in The Chattanoogan:

Dan Fleser: UT's Kellie Harper And Her Juggling Act

Excerpt:
“I’m hopeful that what we see over there will maybe be the pace of play that we’ll see later on. Maybe you can see some philosophy, but in terms of the package you’ll see offensively and defensively, things will get more detailed later on.”

Good write, Dan

Kelly says:
“I’m balancing the patience of a teacher and the urgency of a coach that wants to win tomorrow,” Harper said.

Both can be done simultaneously. Especially given our tendency to schedule cupcakes early...
Teach when you can teach and
coach when you need to coach

“I think there were maybe times prior to this year that the team chemistry just wasn’t all the way there, and maybe certain games that we weren’t supposed to lose we lost,” Davis said. “I think this year, as long as everybody’s on the same page, then we’ll be really good.”

For the readers to be on the same page, the writer has to have a page worth reading.
Last year CHW wrote the page.
This year, a new author

VN Store

Back