Nice Shout-out in USA Today Sports

RTE

Happened to see today's sports section article, " Heupel may have Vols turning corner." Speaks of Tennessee standing toe- to-toe with the Crimson Tide for three quarters on the road, one week after a strong effort against Mississippi. " Much of the credit should go to Heupel, who has found success with Hendon Hooker leading an offense that ranked no higher than 98th in scoring the past four seasons."

The article goes on to say that Kentucky and Georgia await in the next two games. "An upset against the former wouldn't be a surprise. Pushing the Bulldogs wouldn't either. Vols fans should have hope this program is turning around and will only get better in 2022."

Even coming off the tough Bama loss, Tennessee is gaining much respect across the country!

Glad to see that the rest of the USA is finally seeing what we have seen all season.

Edit: we all knew there was talent on this team we just needed a coaching staff who could get it out of them.

Last edited:
This is really fascinating to me. Loss to Bama by 4 TDs. Smack down by UF again. Two home losses to ranked teams played closely. So, it's easy to say nothing has changed. Some here have.

But, even in the BG game, there was something totally different compared to the last 3 years. While I'm sure a stat or some facts show improvement, to me it just looks different with the mentality or heart or comraderie or something with this team.

Not sure, but I'm pretty stoked @ the future.

This is really fascinating to me. Loss to Bama by 4 TDs. Smack down by UF again. Two home losses to ranked teams played closely. So, it's easy to say nothing has changed. Some here have.

But, even in the BG game, there was something totally different compared to the last 3 years. While I'm sure a stat or some facts show improvement, to me it just looks different with the mentality or heart or comraderie or something with this team.

It's a coach that knows how to build a team and get them to play for one another.
That losing, we give attitude is a thing of the past...
You can tell the guys will go to war for this coach...
GBO

For sure. Over the years there has been the whole negavol vs "realist" debates. What you described is what people have been waiting to see. Sure, some are irrational and refuse to acknowledge improvement, "an L is an L". And a loss is a loss. However, how you lose, how the team improves, how the coach handles in-game decisions, his roster, his coaches.. that stuff says a lot about the direction they have it going in. I used to just feel hope but will say I have confidence in Heupel to get things turned around. Not predicting titles or anything but he is by far the most competent coach we have had since 08-09 and I think he will at worst make us a competitive program again.

Happened to see today's sports section article, " Heupel may have Vols turning corner." Speaks of Tennessee standing toe- to-toe with the Crimson Tide for three quarters on the road, one week after a strong effort against Mississippi. " Much of the credit should go to Heupel, who has found success with Hendon Hooker leading an offense that ranked no higher than 98th in scoring the past four seasons."

The article goes on to say that Kentucky and Georgia await in the next two games. "An upset against the former wouldn't be a surprise. Pushing the Bulldogs wouldn't either. Vols fans should have hope this program is turning around and will only get better in 2022."

Even coming off the tough Bama loss, Tennessee is gaining much respect across the country![/QUOTE Reading this made my nipples hard.

Even coming off the tough Bama loss, Tennessee is gaining much respect across the country!

#cancelmoralvictories

just-win-coach.gif

A loss is still a loss, but the bigger picture is how did the team look while losing. Just looking at the record, 4 losses might cause some to say same old Tennessee. However, if you actually watch the games, the difference from the last coaching staff to the current one is night and day different. This Tennessee team is playing far above what the experts thought they would, and have been competitive in every game they lost. Once recruits see there is a real coach on the sideline, along with a very good staff, I think a lot of the higher ranked recruits will jump on the wagon, especially if Tennessee can line up endorsements, promotions, you know, the things that are going to put money in the athletes pockets.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

I may be wrong, but I think we take a step back next year. We lose Mays, Jones, and Payton on offense. Those are big losses; a lot depends on who we bring in from the portal and JC.

Glad to see that the rest of the USA is finally seeing what we have seen all season.

Edit: we all knew there was talent on this team we just needed a coaching staff who could get it out of them.

We offered Cedric Tillman, at the end of the recruiting process, just to fill a slot and probably with the hopes of signing I believe Darnell Washington, which was the number one tight end in the nation that cycle. He has became a major role in our offense this year. JMO

Reactions: VolBricks

VN Store

Back