Nice piece from WBIR (with CKH video)

"I don't do drama....I don't get riled up with the little things.....I don't like people attacking my team.....I don't try to be Pat."

This woman gets it. She has an advanced outlook on life that is far beyond her years. My guess is, she's the perfect fit to bring the Lady Vols back to the forefront of college basketball.

"I don't do drama....I don't get riled up with the little things.....I don't like people attacking my team.....I don't try to be Pat."

This woman gets it. She has an advanced outlook on life that is far beyond her years. My guess is, she's the perfect fit to bring the Lady Vols back to the forefront of college basketball.
Coach Fulmer did something very right when ESPN even liked the hire of Coach Harper:cool:

You may not try to be Pat,,,, BUT..... it's there, like it or not;)

I really hope people will let her be herself. That's a lot of pressure to live with. Women's basketball has changed a lot too.

That would be a far easier thing to do if it weren't true that they just so happen to share some of the same mannerisms, speech patterns, regional accent, philosophy and, yes, sometimes even the way they look. If Kellie looked and sounded more like, say, Kara Lawson there wouldn't be any of the comparisons. I have spoken to so many people who've said that they don't expect her to be like Pat, but that they couldn't avoid seeing some of the things that put people in the mind of Pat because they're so obvious.

So I guess that unless Kellie wants to go get a Mission Impossible-style face replacement and get a voice coach to teach her how not to sound like a woman from Middle Tennessee, then I'm afraid the comparisons are inevitable.

I really hope people will let her be herself. That's a lot of pressure to live with. Women's basketball has changed a lot too.
My dad told me that 53 years ago when I was a teenager. " Be yourself". I hope it helps some posters

Reactions: Creekdog
Coach was just checking to see if that was one of those tear-away jerseys...for the manufacturer, of course...😉🤗

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Coach Harper can handle it;)
Yeah, she did follow Kay Yow, so she knows what it's like to follow a legend. I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Summitt twice and I am originally from Sparta, so I see the similarities. CKH's brother Brent, was a very good high school player and had a good career at TTU. He was fun to watch. They are good people. What you see from CKH is genuine.

She's Kellie. She's not Pat. Glad she put that out there. Go Kellie.

Perfect outlook.

“I don’t get riled up about things very often, at least not the little things,” said Harper. “I don’t like people attacking my team. I don’t like people attacking my kids, my family. And, I don’t do drama.”

Reactions: TenUhSee
Perfect outlook.

“I don’t get riled up about things very often, at least not the little things,” said Harper. “I don’t like people attacking my team. I don’t like people attacking my kids, my family. And, I don’t do drama.”
Why did you leave out, "I don't try to be Pat"?

Coach K is very much her own person but she mirrors Pat in very many ways and yet she is in not deliberately trying to imitate Pat in any way. It's just easy to see and hear the extremely deep impact Pat had on her. It's a wonderful thing.

VN Store

Back