NFL to play black national anthem, also put names of victims on jerseys.

Different article :

“The league and the NFL Players Association are also contemplating listing the names of victims on uniforms through decals on helmets or patches on jerseys, ESPN reported. The NFL also may produce educational programs about victims. They also have other plans that haven’t been identified”

So what does this mean exactly? Are they are going to tell the history and role in the community that someone like George Floyd played? That sounds like that might receive some pushback.

Certain segments of our society are rushing back toward segregation as fast as they can. Keep telling me that certain groups are special and different and I may start to believe it. Maybe “getting along” is no longer the goal since the Left surely is not interested.

How ‘bout an anthem for LGBTQRSTUV? How about for illegal aliens? How about we just spend 3 hours playing pandering songs in stadiums and forget football?

Certain segments of our society are rushing back toward segregation as fast as they can. Keep telling me that certain groups are special and different and I may start to believe it. Maybe “getting along” is no longer the goal since the Left surely is not interested.

How ‘bout an anthem for LGBTQRSTUV? How about for illegal aliens? How about we just spend 3 hours playing pandering songs in stadiums and forget football?
Cool. They wanted desegregation now they are welcoming it back with open arms. Its win win for everyone really.

That's the spirit. You can do your protest and they can do their protest and then we all can watch some football. I don't understand why someone would not watch football because someone took a knee for the national anthem.
The problem is they won’t shut up about it and let you enjoy the sport

I have no problem enjoying a football game. Rise up off your recliner and cuss the TV if it makes you feel better.
If you are a casual fan then it is no big deal..... if you are a hard core fan then it becomes a bigger issue..... I enjoy reading everything I can about the sport, my team, players all week long....I plan my life around every single Steelers game..... if they keep eroding away the fun part of the sport they will end up costing themselves a lot of hard core fans.

It’s just an awful idea. Honestly, I don’t get why we have to go through the exercise of playing the National anthem before sporting events in the first place.

I can get that. If it had never been done, I would have no reason to desire it. But with it being the standard, i have an issue with the reasoning to want it undone.

No doubt that you dont. Keep the masses entertained.
I will take enjoying football over being a snowflake any day. You can go to Trump rallies or watch Foxnews and rail against the people that take a knee for your entertainment if you want.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
That's the spirit. You can do your protest and they can do their protest and then we all can watch some football. I don't understand why someone would not watch football because someone took a knee for the national anthem.
It’s called protesting ..... only they’re not burning buildings and taking over cities..... wild concept I know

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
I will take enjoying football over being a snowflake any day. You can go to Trump rallies or watch Foxnews and rail against the people that take a knee for your entertainment if you want.

Never been to a Trump rally. And I dont have Fox News on my streaming package.

Keep the masses entertained.

Reactions: landscapingvol
It’s just an awful idea. Honestly, I don’t get why we have to go through the exercise of playing the National anthem before sporting events in the first place.
I always thought it was just a ceremonial beginning to the game..... it should not become bigger than the game which is what is doing now....

The anthem idea is pandering and meaningless. The wearing patches/names of celebrating druggies, felons and abusers is an interesting choice
They've been "pandering" with the national anthem for years. I think most teams were in the locker room for the anthem until some time around 2010. A few years after the teams were required to be on the field it came out that the DoD was directly paying teams for patriotic activity as part of their advertising budget. I didnt go look it up, but I once read an article about the cost (sometimes paid for by the government) of getting one of those giant flags to spread across the field.

Somebody post the black national anthem

VN Store

Back