NFL Combine invites show what a mess Pruitt inherited

KBVol

Rucker: NFL Combine invites prove mess Pruitt inherited

A snippet or two from the article......

“Last year’s five new SEC coaches sent a grand total of 33 players to the combine. None of those five came from Tennessee. That is staggering.”

“Only one program in the SEC failed to send at least one player to the NFL Combine, and that program was Tennessee. Every other program sent at least two, and every other program aside from Vanderbilt sent at least four.

Many of you were furious when the Vols ran out of gas late last season and got boat-raced by Missouri and Vanderbilt, but those Tigers are sending six players to the NFL Combine, and those Commodores are sending the aforementioned pair. Those teams had more talent than Tennessee. They were better football teams with better football players. Full stop.”

Rucker: NFL Combine invites prove mess Pruitt inherited

A snippet or two from the article......

“Last year’s five new SEC coaches sent a grand total of 33 players to the combine. None of those five came from Tennessee. That is staggering.”

“Only one program in the SEC failed to send at least one player to the NFL Combine, and that program was Tennessee. Every other program sent at least two, and every other program aside from Vanderbilt sent at least four.

Many of you were furious when the Vols ran out of gas late last season and got boat-raced by Missouri and Vanderbilt, but those Tigers are sending six players to the NFL Combine, and those Commodores are sending the aforementioned pair. Those teams had more talent than Tennessee. They were better football teams with better football players. Full stop.”
Oh now you have done it , the Negavols jump on any kind of common sense and positive news in any way shape or form.

It is hard to argue with cold hard facts. It really stung when one of the commentators during the Bama game stated none of the Tennessee players could start for Bama but I realized it was the truth.

Like already stated, we just need to be realistic on the time it will take to get back to being SEC strong.

I don't want to seem too unrealistic or blindly optimistic because I am neither. However, although it will take time to build the team back to a competitive level with blue blood programs, I don't think that necessarily means that we will not see drastic improvements as soon as mid way of next season.

I liken UT football to a broken down race car...
No matter the potential of the car, if you don't take care of it (maintenance wise) it wont run, let alone win races. But you would be amazed how much difference a fresh battery, spark plugs, fuel filter, tires and a good cleaning will do for the race car. That is Tennessee football to me. All kinds of potential with nobody to take care of it... went all to S***. Now that we have the coaches, our monster will be up and running soon. Again, may not be beating everyone, but at least in the race in need of some good performance parts and some tuning.

Sorry if this seems a little elementary, I just like the way that the team is headed and think that we have a big bounce back year in 2019 that leads to contention sooner than some think.

I’m justifying here, but I’m glad nobody was invited. If several were invited, 4-8/5-7 would be harder to swallow. The talent is with the young players, which is a good thing. JMO

when are people going to learn that its a ******** game. its he said she said. how many players didn't get drafted but made NFL rosters
Compare, by percentage, the number of players who go to the combine who get drafted and make an NFL roster to the number of players who don’t get drafted and make an NFL roster.

Spoiler alert.....the guys who are deemed to be the best prospects and are invited to the combine make far more rosters than undrafted free agents.

0 career TD against Florida, Missouri, Alabama....hell he couldn't even score a TD against ETSU

that's your QB :cool:
Wow 3 games he was injured and didn't really play in. Not to mention two of them were top ten teams. The other he was concussed first dropback and once again barely played.

Got me there.

The ETSU game he only had a 160 qb rating in a 59-3 win.

You are a real genius.

Wow 3 games he was injured and didn't really play in. Not to mention two of them were top ten teams. The other he was concussed first dropback and once again barely played.

Got me there.

The ETSU game he only had a 160 qb rating in a 59-3 win.

You are a real genius.
You are right, i forgot he didn't play against Missouri, I can't bring myself to re-watch such a horrible ass beating that i experienced in person..

He definitely played against Florida and Alabama and was absolute trash in both games. Go watch the Florida game, one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. Even threw a pick to a defensive lineman. YIKES. That's your QB:cool:

Reactions: ajcg98

VN Store

Back