Neyland Stadium Renovation Update (Fulmer Updates Seating Capacity)

I am not a fan of gathering areas. If I want to socialize before the game, I go to a tail gate party. If I want to socialize after, I meet at a bar, a home, a bowling alley, whatever. If somebody wants to socialize with me in the stadium, we can talk in the concessions line. During the game, I am in my seat watching the game. That is it. No time to stand there BSing and ask, "What happened?" when the crowd goes wild because some jabber mouth want to talk a get rich quick scheme during the damn game. Too good of a place to throw the jerks over the rail.

Agree TN Native. This isn’t baseball where fans talk about their day

Reactions: lukeneyland
Someday they'll just make the whole stadium one big screen, wrapping around a capacity crowd of 1,000 people who are largely confused as to why they came, who politely munch on 100 dollar hot dogs and stare at the field to watch a kickoff that never happens -- not because they banned kickoffs, but because the entire game is played on computers and they just pipe the video feed to the screens above an empty field. The Pride of the Southland, still ten members strong, will play something vaguely resembling Rocky Top, or so folks suspect, though it's hard to hear the band beneath the two individual commercials playing simultaneously on the jumbotrons. "Was this fun?" a child will ask. "It sure was," a wealthy donor will reply, pouring some Big Orange Country Whiskey from the gift shop into his two hundred dollar souvenir cup. "It sure was." The kid will furrow his brow. "How do we know if we win?" "Well," the donor sniffs his drink, "it's easy now, we just check the screens." And with that, everyone will look up to the jumbotrons to find out how the game went.

I'm kidding, I'm sure it'll all be grand -- though I admittedly regret seeing changes that detract from the experience for comfort. I don't mean entrance or exit improvements, just ... so many things to distract now.

In the year 2525, if man is still alive....

I really don’t like the second Jumbotron where’s it’s at. One of things that makes Neyland special to me is that it looks like a never end sea of orange. And now there’s gonna be a hole with a screen in the middle of our sea...

Correct me if I’m wrong, the budget is the same 180 million that was attached to previous plan, but it seems like this plan delivers quite a bit less. East side wasn’t mentioned so I assume all we’ll get will be the upgraded sound system and maybe bathrooms to go along with our heritage seating.

Hopefully we won’t get a surcharge for the privilege of sitting in the throwback section.

From the article: “By the fall of 2022, the updated plans enable the completion of main level-one south concourse renovations,...”

Just guessing that it will be done by the beginning of the 2022 season based on this.

Key is level 1. Try getting out of the south upper deck end zone after a close game till the end. It’s a parking lot. Concourse is way too narrow and it never gets addressed. Much less the restrooms.

There going to remove a chunk of seats to squeeze in jumbo tron? WTF?

The plan is backwards. The damn south and east are rusting away and they’re worried about the Laurecella room?

The academic departments in the south and east stadium halls have to move first. The University does not have a place for them until 2021. So their two options are to do what they can now or wait until 2021 to start.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Correct me if I’m wrong, the budget is the same 180 million that was attached to previous plan, but it seems like this plan delivers quite a bit less. East side wasn’t mentioned so I assume all we’ll get will be the upgraded sound system and maybe bathrooms to go along with our heritage seating.

Hopefully we won’t get a surcharge for the privilege of sitting in the throwback section.

East side will be getting an expanded concourse with the update bathrooms and concessions as well.

It doesn’t make sense to take seats for a Jumbotron. Make a bigger seats in the same space. That’s stupid as hell.
It won't affect the noise and it'll improve the game for the 20% of the stadium that can't see the jumboTron. You don't want to sit at the top of YY10 anyway.

I have used the UT Speech and Audiology Department for over 40 years to get hearing aids and I wonder where they are moving to.

Add comfortable seats wider than 9 inches. Quality over quantity.
We arrived last week to find that our neighbor was sitting on at least a third of our cushion/seatback. He was a big ole boy. Made for a very uncomfortable game!

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back