Neyland social distancing by the numbers.

HooahVol

Special thanks to Madison Blevins at WBIR for crunching the numbers: Looking at social distancing scenarios in Neyland Stadium

Here is what it could look like this fall:

The NCAA’s thought is essential staff and family would be the first in stadiums, then it would slowly increase from there.

Based off the dimensions of the average size of sports seating found with 3D Digital Venue, one fan every six feet apart, would allow Neyland Stadium to reach roughly 16% capacity or 16,393 people.

If they allow two seats together, Neyland Stadium could reach roughly 18,442 fans at 18% capacity.

If venues can use a combo of one or two seats, or triple seats only, Neyland would be able to reach a capacity of roughly 24% or 24,589.

And, if Neyland Stadium could find the best combo of singles, doubles, and triple seats, the maximum capacity of fans would be 35% or 35,859.

I meant to add the article also mentions season ticket renewal rates are tracking similar to previous seasons. I have to imagine we have more than 35k season ticket holders.

How many police will be required to enforce the social distancing? Violaters would be warned/removed/tasered/shot?
Man-Italian-Disc_d.jpg

Would everyone be issued a 6' doughnut to wear like this dude?

What it SHOULD look like is 102,000 people in the stadium. The latest I read is that Covid-19 is very, very, very unlikely to spread outside under almost any circumstance.

Obviously proving that suggestion should be a primary objective for those who want outdoor sports this fall.

I like that idea. When I take the family I can make the kids sit way over there.

When my whole crew shows up I wonder if they would allow us to sit closer since we would have gotten there in the same 2 or 3 vans after leaving the same house.

Reactions: savannahfan
Special thanks to Madison Blevins at WBIR for crunching the numbers: Looking at social distancing scenarios in Neyland Stadium

Here is what it could look like this fall:

The NCAA’s thought is essential staff and family would be the first in stadiums, then it would slowly increase from there.

Based off the dimensions of the average size of sports seating found with 3D Digital Venue, one fan every six feet apart, would allow Neyland Stadium to reach roughly 16% capacity or 16,393 people.

If they allow two seats together, Neyland Stadium could reach roughly 18,442 fans at 18% capacity.

If venues can use a combo of one or two seats, or triple seats only, Neyland would be able to reach a capacity of roughly 24% or 24,589.

And, if Neyland Stadium could find the best combo of singles, doubles, and triple seats, the maximum capacity of fans would be 35% or 35,859.

Social distancing and capacity at football games won't be an issue at Vanderbilt.

The 6 foot social distancing number is a false number. The actual true number should be 27 feet apart.

The idea that you need to social distance outdoors is insanity. Outdoor transmission is nearly impossible.
I am a full believer that this "pandemic" not what it is being portrayed. The death totals are vastly over reported and the actual number of cases are astronomically under reported. That being said, your statement could not be more wrong. Any respiratory virus is transmitted via saliva or liquid transfer. If you can honestly sit behind your keyboard and say that you do not spray spit everywhere when ecstatically cheering a TD or lustily booing a bad call by the zebras, then there is something seriously wrong with the saliva glands in your mouth. If you were to sneeze due to the high pollen count in east Tennessee, you would cover at least twenty people around you with spray from your mouth.

Reactions: tbh and TNfan#2
I'd rather it be empty than have to see my beloved stadium 16% full.
I understand where you are coming from. Something just sadly wrong with that picture. There is just something special about Neyland stadium rocking and thundering when it's FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!

Reactions: imw8n4u
Just open up dadgum it, in Georgia and Texas where they opened quickly the virus numbers are down. They are down 12% in Georgia from the time they started re-opening. By the fall if the number are still falling there is no reason not to let the folks that want to go see a game go. Nobody is making people go. The doctors cannot even agree on the direction they want to go, some want to play politics. In America, folks are supposed to be free to make their own choices. Americans have did well, we went along to help prevent hospitals from becoming overloaded and bending the curve. Well we kicked the curves arse, and now some keep moving the goal post. At some point Americans will put their foot down, walmarts and their likeness have been packed to the rafters and doing business while others that are not nearly as big are being told to stay at home. Some are even being threatened to stay inside. Are you freakin kiddin me???? Most everyone I talk to feels like me, yes they need to stay on top and monitor this virus. We all know it's contagious if nothing else. But it's time to go back to work, some of these rules are freakin insane and completely draconian. It's time to let the people decide where they want to go, with the exception of nursing homes and hospitals that are highly impacted with the virus. God Bless and GBO!!!!

That’s news to me. No joke?
The real number should be none of their business. It's all a big joke anyway, walmarts and some places it's stampede city. Georgia's numbers are going down while opening up. In fact the only states that are up are the ones that are closed. It's time to let people decide what they want to do or go, but they need to quit trying to tell people about how far to be apart or trying to make them wear a mask. Outside of hospitals and nursing homes they don't have the authority to make folks wear a mask, in fact in areas with very low number of the virus wearing a mask outside all day is likely to do you much more harm than good. And that's a fact. Again if you want to wear a mask while driving alone in your car by all means keep doing it, it's your right. I personally seen this the other day and could not help but laugh. We all want the virus to be gone, but our freedoms cannot be taken and then get extended when science doesn't even back you up. California's Governor is lying when he is saying he is going with science to keep them closed 3 more months. He is full of it, and I hope they take it too a higher court. At this point he is overstepping his authority, and I expect a challenge soon from California. God Bless and GBO!

The most restriction that should b considered since venue is outside is every other seat, which would then be a little in excess of 50,000.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back