Neyland Renovation Update?

bornbleddinorange

we'll get em next year
There may already be a thread for this subject and if so, please merge.

Was curious where we are at on the renovation to Neyland stadium? Would be awesome to have a good team as well as an upgraded stadium right around the same time.

Reactions: alaVOL and OleVol

Was curious where we are at on the renovation to Neyland stadium? Would be awesome to have a good team as well as an upgraded stadium right around the same time.
Nothing major happening for a couple of years. Just small things to set up the big changes.

Considering that the Athletic Department just announced making a profit (barely) I don’t expect that we will see much movement on this for awhile.

This fall (2019), fans visiting Neyland Stadium have experienced a new, 360-degree LED ribbon board, as well as the opportunity to purchase alcoholic beverages. Another fan enhancement this season was the replacement of all cushioned seats for the more than 15,000 ticket holders who take advantage of that opportunity.

Next, the stadium's sound system will be replaced and significantly upgraded prior to the 2020 football season.

"After addressing what we identified as immediate and key enhancements for all of our fans stadium-wide, the renovations then transition to other important features that will positively impact program recruiting and fan comfort and enjoyment," Fulmer said.

Upgrades for the fall of 2021—the stadium's centennial—include a renovation of The Lauricella Center for Letter Winners and Wolf-Kaplan Hospitality Center, and the conversion of fifth-level media facilities on the stadium's west side into a unique, open-air donor lounge. As a result, facilities for working press on gamedays will be relocated to the stadium's east side, in closer proximity to the Stokely Family Media Center. Broadcast media—TV and radio crews—will remain in the current west-side location.

By the fall of 2022, the updated plans enable the completion of main level-one south concourse renovations, the addition of a north-side videoboard and the rebuilding of the lower-west-side seating deck.

This phase of substantial renovations concludes in the fall of 2023 when Tennessee unveils two redefining and fan-engaging plazas at Gate 4 and Gate 10. The latter will feature a signature indoor/outdoor gathering space and amenity area serving select food and beverages.

The overall exterior design will dramatically improve pedestrian traffic and stadium ingress and egress flow.

The project remains within the $180 million budget that was approved by the Board of Trustees in November of 2017. These renovations will continue to be made possible by a funding model that does not require any state funds or subsidies.

Fulmer Provides Update on Neyland Stadium Renovation Plans - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: RollerVol
Yeah the East is awful but that doesn't stop them from charging the second highest contribution amount if you are a new purchaser. I've had my seats in Section C since 1989 and contributed through the old VASF to get them. Since you get to keep your contribution amount the same for your lifetime and for the lifetime of your spouse, I know they are counting the days until my wife and I are gone. They try to get even with the parking assignments but I get those on the secondary market.

Can we do a GoFundMe or something for Neyland? I don’t know how many Vol fans care enough to donate but it’d be nice to show our support in the off season too.

Kind of like how we expect players to workout and practice over the 20 hour rule on their own, it could be our way of showing the team we are 100% invested.

Yeah the East is awful but that doesn't stop them from charging the second highest contribution amount if you are a new purchaser. I've had my seats in Section C since 1989 and contributed through the old VASF to get them. Since you get to keep your contribution amount the same for your lifetime and for the lifetime of your spouse, I know they are counting the days until my wife and I are gone. They try to get even with the parking assignments but I get those on the secondary market.

now, let's don't rush things...hang around for a little longer, if just to piss somebody off or lend a hand to someone in need...thanks to you both for being Volunteer fans...good luck and, as always...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: feathersax
Maybe if they upped the charge for beer, let's say a buck or two. Increased the price of food 10%, and added a $5.00/ticket super charge, with all the funds going to upgrading Neyland, there would be enough money to start it now. We've paid off Dooley, and are still working on boy butch's pay off, but when we finally have given him his last dollar, maybe some of those funds could also go Neyland for the fans.

It was nice back in olden times to tell the "big house" ... Our's is bigger than yours ! But that's gone with the wind.

Now its all about the wifi... (and make more revenue with less seats/people.)

Reactions: I40flyer
We all dream of a day when the pee trough is upgraded to real urinals. I'm sure we'll all also really miss the always pee soaked, wet concrete smell....

Reactions: CR-vol and I40flyer

1967.... cannot believe I'm this old.

Nothing major happening for a couple of years. Just small things to set up the big changes.
not so fast, looks like we are getting a new exterior face lift on games 4 & 10, with the existing gate 10 ramp being removed. The existing brick dormitories are being replace with a new concourse level. Bad new for people with seats in the upper deck in the north endzone looks like this section is being removed for a open area.

VN Store

Back