Neyland north video board package released

here is a 3D image of the Neyland north video board package being released this week & will be finished in time for next season.
If you want a seat in that area it is first come first serve or standing room. The $1950 per seat just gets you in the area.

I know many fans take pride in the capacity of Neyland but fewer people are attending games these days. Prior to Ole Miss, when was the last UT sellout? '16 Bama maybe?

Build an actual winning program rather than just fumbling blindly in the dark for one? Watch what happens.

Reactions: vettefool
Every time this type of thread comes up I ask the same question...so now proposing it you folks as well.

If you could give up say 25% (roughly 25K seats) of Neyland's capacity in trade for 5 straight seasons of 10 wins or better and one of those seasons being an appearance in the National Title game, would you?

Every time this type of thread comes up I ask the same question...so now proposing it you folks as well.

If you could give up say 25% (roughly 25K seats) of Neyland's capacity in trade for 5 straight seasons of 10 wins or better and one of those seasons being an appearance in the National Title game, would you?
No I wouldn’t sell the soul of our program for anything

I’d like for them to take out that stupid Tennessee terrace and put bleachers back in. That would restore some of the capacity
LOL. The Terrace is literally the best thing about the stadium. Actual seats you can fit in, nice concessions, clean restrooms, and you're still outside and in the game environment. I wish I could justify the expense for permanent tickets there.

LOL. The Terrace is literally the best thing about the stadium. Actual seats you can fit in, nice concessions, clean restrooms, and you're still outside and in the game environment. I wish I could justify the expense for permanent tickets there.

just wait for the renovated sounth gate, beer gardens & Crocketts Corner

I’m glad you enjoy it. To me it ruins the atmosphere. I love standing for 60 minutes and yelling until I get light headed. The terrace totally erases that. If the entire stadium was like that Neyland would quit being special. I wouldn’t have sat in the Terrace for free (as opposed to standing in the north endzone) during the Ole Miss game

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Yeah the 102,000+ Includes gameday staff, players, and coaches as well.
With a few more renovations for the folks who need luxury accommodations at a football game, i think we can get total stadium capacity down to around 10K. I think the next step is personal living rooms with chase lounges, personal refrigerators, and massage tables each with a personal masseuse. Individual game tickets will be a little pricey.

Big games will always pack the stands when you are winning more than losing. Tennessee will always have lots of fans flock to the stadium. GBO

We need to be ready for when we start winning 10+ again
Yeah, but I’m still guessing that we get near a sell out only once or twice a year.
I just hate seeing those empty seats whether in person or on tv. Reduce capacity and get the stadium at least to fan friendly. After visiting Texas a&m it makes neyland look awful. Many other stadium do too.

work has started

Attachments

• Demowork 2.JPG
    Demowork 2.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 122
  • North Video board.JPG
    North Video board.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 126
Still beats Bamas just announced new “state of the art” scoreboard for Bryant Denny
D2E4B580-1686-4998-BCFE-2B21C55BCC42.jpeg

Yep...Police, ushers, EMTs, concession workers, etc. As you said, GameDay staff

How about a legit way to bump the numbers, put in another video board outside the stadium, say over gate 21 where they radio broadcast from. Have it playing hype videos or whatever before the game, then put the game on and count those who are watching there, probably at least 2 to 4k spread out, add in some concessions. They've got the same screen at the Loudon drive in, looks very good sitting that close.

VN Store

Back