Neyland new capacity 101,915 after renovations

I live out of town too and all that you said not debatable. The VFL that looked 90 with her oxygen tank and being pushed in a wheelchair got my respect. I want the Vols to win, I pray to get to go to the games with family and friends. It just a great way to spend a weekend. Being able to bond and forming lasting memories over a game is a great way to spread the good news.

Bless you.

We are just lucky the brain trust hasn’t decided to “save” south Knoxville and build a newer stadium.

I like the idea of a second stadium, wherever built. Disclaimer: I know I'm nuts, and given to wild and crazy ideas. I can't help it.

Why not build a smaller horseshoe stadium somewhere around Knoxville. Maybe 15K -20 seats. Install a truly giant screen showing the game. Include a large, large, large food preparation facility. Have UT culinary students prepare meals to set menus, that's rotated for each game. The food they prepare to be sold in a cafeteria style setting. OR, for people willing to pay for it, delivered to their seats via phone (and paid via an app for that). For half-time entertainment, show in-progress games elsewhere. Perhaps allow the attendants vote via a phone app which games they prefer to watch through half-time. Or just show the highlights of other games. Or show the menu complete with video preparation excerpts and images of the dishes available for serving. Or have a ticket number sweepstakes where 10 -15 people win free attendance to the next game there. Make ticket prices half or less the cost of attending at Neyland.

Designate the stadium solely for:
1. Priority One -- Locals, including high school students, teachers, and parents who can't afford higher-priced Neyland tickets.
2. Priority Two - Out of towner Tennesseans (folks who live within 40 miles of Knoxville) who can't afford higher-priced Neyland tickets.
3. Priority Three - Special seating area for the mobility impaired, priced at a further discount.*
4. Priority Four - Special seating area for kids from a preselected local school who have served their community, or won conduct or grade awards.

I just want the UT to be a trendsetter instead of a follower, and yes, I admit the idea above is outrageously crazy. I've an overactive imagination since i was a child, and was never cured of that insanity.

*Establish a way to verify the nobility disabled. You're going to want to avoid what happened to Dollywood decades back. I think she advocated free admission and such for a certain group is disabled folks. I think it was for people who couldn't hear according to what I heard. People faked their status so grossly, they had to drop the program. According to a friend of mine, nondisabled family members, school teachers of hearing impaired students, and even sign interpreters fake their way in. So have a way to certify or verify people for this special access.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
Oh I'm sure it does. Which is fine. I mean, bodies are bodies.
That is how the 109,000 numbers were reached in the 1990s. Every vendor, security guard, Cop, Honor Guardsman, usher and press member was counted. Now, it is just ticket sales, not turnstile data.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I like the idea of a second stadium, wherever built. Disclaimer: I know I'm nuts, and given to wild and crazy ideas. I can't help it.

Why not build a smaller horseshoe stadium somewhere around Knoxville. Maybe 15K -20 seats. Install a truly giant screen showing the game. Include a large, large, large food preparation facility. Have UT culinary students prepare meals to set menus, that's rotated for each game. The food they prepare to be sold in a cafeteria style setting. OR, for people willing to pay for it, delivered to their seats via phone (and paid via an app for that). For half-time entertainment, show in-progress games elsewhere. Perhaps allow the attendants vote via a phone app which games they prefer to watch through half-time. Or just show the highlights of other games. Or show the menu complete with video preparation excerpts and images of the dishes available for serving. Or have a ticket number sweepstakes where 10 -15 people win free attendance to the next game there. Make ticket prices half or less the cost of attending at Neyland.

1. Priority One -- Locals, including high school students, teachers, and parents who can't afford higher-priced Neyland tickets.
2. Priority Two - Out of towner Tennesseans (folks who live within 40 miles of Knoxville) who can't afford higher-priced Neyland tickets.
3. Priority Three - Special seating area for the mobility impaired, priced at a further discount.*
4. Priority Four - Special seating area for kids from a preselected local school who have served their community, or won conduct or grade awards.

I just want the UT to be a trendsetter instead of a follower, and yes, I admit the idea above is outrageously crazy. I've an overactive imagination since i was a child, and was never cured of that insanity.

*Establish a way to verify the nobility disabled. You're going to want to avoid what happened to Dollywood decades back. I think she advocated free admission and such for a certain group is disabled folks. I think it was for people who couldn't hear according to what I heard. People faked their status so grossly, they had to drop the program. According to a friend of mine, nondisabled family members, school teachers of hearing impaired students, and even sign interpreters fake their way in. So have a way to certify or verify people for this special access.

Make use of TBA for over flow.

That is how the 109,000 numbers were reached in the 1990s. Every vendor, security guard, Cop, Honor Guardsman, usher and press member was counted. Now, it is just ticket sales, not turnstile data.

The 102,455 figure represents exactly what your posted. 102,455 was a "sold out atmosphere" according to folks at UT. There are nowhere near that many seats in Neyland. There are about 96,000 plus the skyboxes & pressbox. The 109,000 figure was completely fabricated as were all attendance figures back then.

Let’s find some like minded folks, syndicate and make it happen. Could also take the place of a region amphitheater for concerts and events.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Yep I agree but that 2004 was packed and I have seen many games in Neyland Stadium. Well over 100 thousand no doubt. And that is how most all people counted attendance back then, and in truth they should count. They are in the stadium.GBO!

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back