Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all the hate from the bammer forum, I actually feel better.

Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt (Update: Hired) - Page 13

Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt
Think we better be careful what we say about CJP.

If he has legitimate success at bringing them out of the abyss, he may become the #1 possibililty to replace CNS in a few years.

We might be thanking UT for allowing him to demonstrate he's a great HC.

I'll personally root for him to have success, except against us, and to raise the conferences reputation to a higher level.

The conference will be better when UT and Florida get better.

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, I find it to be like Tennessee and Vandy a bit. If you cheer for Auburn/Vandy, you went there, or your parents/children went there. It's open game with Tennessee and Alabama, as Clay Travis called it the "85%" vs the "15%". (To be fair, I suppose I fall into the 85% at UT except my Mom and Uncle both went there, and it isn't because I didn't go get a college education somewhere...)

You’re right....I see that here and in Tennessee. I went to ETSU and my husband is from Alaska. He’s very new to the College football scene. But he married into it lol. It’s been tough to explain to him that a lot of Tennessee fans didn’t go to UT. Puzzles the hell outta him.

Venturing out in the other threads is not advised, I am a pretty tuff cookie and it's still scary. We've been Haslamed....AGAIN!!!

We just were led to believe we got rid of him, and we bought it and he did what he does. Now those of us that knew what was needed are like this.

View attachment 150466

You sir are correct... for all bolstering in the previous thread, Haslam is still pulling strings

I continued to post this and was attacked and called out for it but this hire has Haslams fingerprints all over it

Real Bruce Feldman tweet.

One of the coaches I'm told who is expected to be in the mix for an OC job at #Tennessee with Jeremy Pruitt is #USC passing game coordinator/QB coach Tyson Helton.

So we hire a USC coach and it’s not our national championship QB?? Just when I was ready to give the guy a chance.

Dude, Tee doesn't want to be here.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Low was flinging poo at the wall last night as it never would have been determined he would or would not coach in the bowl game while he was still negotiating.

Same thing with staff. I doubt he was on the phone at 11:00 PM last night calling folks to gauge interest. Only people up that late last night were d-bag trolls in the other thread and us fine folk.

Always makes me laugh that I read your posts in a Sam Elliott voice.

Not true.

How many times has he turned us down at this point?

He only wants to be here if he can either be the HC, or the Assistant HC, or HC in waiting, or OC under someone epic like Gruden.

He isn't going to tell Pruitt yes. Pruitt is 43.

You sir are correct... for all bolstering in the previous thread, Haslam is still pulling strings

I continued to post this and was attacked and called out for it but this hire has Haslams fingerprints all over it

It might, but I saw several tweets (no I didn't capture them) saying Haslam wanted Tucker.

How many times has he turned us down at this point?

He only wants to be here if he can either be the HC, or the Assistant HC, or HC in waiting, or OC under someone epic like Gruden.

He isn't going to tell Pruitt yes. Pruitt is 43.

Correct. He wants to be here. Just not with Pruitt.

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/KnoxNewsNow/status/938623444467552256[/Twitter]

Maybe Haslam isn't getting as much say as we fear ... MAYBE ... I sure hope like he!! he isn't.

Video of our new coach at the podium:
giphy.gif

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dgmk_fHguMk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back