Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, told y'all, now Volly has confirmed :)
Actually I mentioned him in top 5 greatest guitar artists but I agree on this note as well.

Good mornin'!!!

On another note, I hope Clemson wins 3-2

be interested to see that top 5. just spit balling in no particular order I'd go:

Chet Atkins
Clapton
Bob Bogle
Stevie Ray
Kenny Vaughan

Hendrix, Page, Santana, Dick Dale, Eddie VH, and a host of others can easily be in there.

[twitter]939675189599703043[/twitter]

Screen_Shot_2017_10_28_at_11.16.53_PM.png

Reactions: 1 person
be interested to see that top 5. just spit balling in no particular order I'd go:

Chet Atkins
Clapton
Bob Bogle
Stevie Ray
Kenny Vaughan

Hendrix, Page, Santana, Dick Dale, Eddie VH, and a host of others can easily be in there.

I have no list, per se, am no musician or expert but music has been my constant companion ALL my life and being in the collectible vinyl niche for 20 yrs has exposed to me a lot.

I mentioned Prince because his guitar prowess was pointed out to me about 15 yrs ago and I disagreed...till I started noticing and looking at his work.

I think you can find artists that might be better at what they're best at but Prince's ability to cross lines and kill it is the reason I put him very high.

My internal compromise on the root for Bama bit:

I will root for the Bama defense to allow 0 points and for the offense to have a horrible game, including giving up a touchdown on a fumble.

This way the announcers can marvel at the skill of Tennessee's new HC, and Bama loses.

Win/win!

What's all the racket in here? I was having a wonderful dream about Volly...ball girls from Brazil and y'all are making a lot of noise.

Reactions: 3 people
How are you doing kind sir?

Came home from B-ball yesterday and laid down for a minute. Woke up five and a half hours later at around midnight. Went back to sleep around four, just woke up to coffee and an 85 lbs German Shepherd prancing on top of me wanting to go out.

But, I've got a day off, so happy for that.

And how is the wonderful Lady Sara today?

I'm doing well, thank you for asking. Slept in till 6:00....been cleaning the kids closets.

**I purchased a $2 dollar red laser from Walmart (in the cat section) the other day. Harley loves to chase it around. Maybe you should consider buying one for your fur baby....

Yes!

*Edit* Eric Clapton was once asked how it felt to be the best guitarist in the world. He replied "You would have to ask Prince"

Hendrix was asked the same question and his response was "ask Phil Keaggy". He thought so much of Billy Gibbons that he willed him the white Strat he played at Woodstock..

My point is this kind of thing is so subjective.. Best you can do (in any category of musicianship) is maybe have a top 50 that is VERY fluid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back