Neyland Gameday Chants

I actually emailed this to Hamilton's email address on govols.com, and I know that I am dating myself, but I thought it would be cool if they played the video from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, where everyone is chanting "two men enters, one man leaves..." as the opposing team runs onto the field or prior to kickoff.

YouTube - Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome Battle at the 1:45 minute mark. Now I know most of the people on this board have never seen or heard of this movie, but I think 100,000 people chanting that eerie chant would be never racking to say the least.

theres no way the sutdent section is gona chant that... and if they played that video at the game im pretty sure half the people would leave... i can see why your "dating yourself" now.. i see nothing wrong with rocky top its the "unofficial" song of UT for a reason.. its good and everybody likes it and weve been singing it for years the only people that feel we need to change it is a select few so just stop with the dumb chants and go play WoW...

Yup OLP is a funny yet inspiring chant for our boys. Although after the rest of the team has heard it 10000000000000000x all summer. I'm not sure if it will help the rest of the teams morale. HAHAHA.:good!:

Good point lol. When I see your avatar I always think you are SGM. What ever happened to him anyway?

I'm a BIG fan of the V. O. L. S. GO VOLs go chant.

Not that I don't love the sound of Rocky Top every two seconds but would be nice to have 100,000 plus help this young team with a little crowd support.

Crowd Chant-----O. L. P. everytime we rush for 5 plus yards.

Looking for entertaining suggestions that will help create a true Home Field Advantage...:)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I completely agree, we've been needing something different for the crowd to chant for a while.

Even something as simple as...

GO!!!.........VOLS!!!

instead of/or in addition to ORANGE........WHITE

I'm aware that's not very creative, but it's got to be simple. I'd imagine that maybe 5% of the fans at the game would know about the "O-line pride" that's been going on. Great suggestion, I just don't think it's feasible. That and recruits and others watching the game would be completely lost.

as much as I hate the gators, when they do their "go...gators" chant with the stupid arm chomp, everyone there is doing it, it's loud, and it's impressive.....then it's ruined with the rest of it "go gators, get up and go" or whatever it is...

or when LSU is on defense and their "tiger...bait"

Simplicity is the trick. But again, we definitely need something. Someone (in another thread) mentioned having something for us all to do in between the 3rd and 4th quarters, I think that would be a great idea as well. maybe showing something on the jumbotron, then the crowd goes into some sort of chant/frenzy. All we'd need to do is come up with something, get it out to the students, and hand something out about it when you walk in the game...similar to what the Cameron Crazies do at Duke.

How about one side of the stadium yells "Rocky" then the other side replies "Top". Then, after a few times back and forth, the band takes it cue and starts the song.

Great Suggestions so far!
“GO” “VOLS”
“ROCKY” “TOP”
“GO BIG ORANGE”
“TWO MEN ENTER” “ONE MAN LEAVES”
“V”” O”” L”” S” “GO” “VOLS” “GO”

Still looking for more contributions!!!

I was thinking about VOL NATION support during the game last night. UT should be able to sell sponsorship for a “chant of the game” or even a fan contest for a “chant for the year”. With the JUMBO TRON it would be easy to educate the fans. The cheerleaders could have boards made to further assist the crowd.
Coach Dooley is doing everything he can to make this team better. It is time for the VOL NATION to step up and lend the support needed to create a 7 point home field advantage. Not the simple 3 points that the comes with just showing up to Neyland Stadium. How many games outcomes would be changed with an extra 4 point on the score board for the VOLS.
Don’t get me wrong the game day experience at Neyland Stadium is amazing “as is.” This team deserves more from the VOL NATION to prove their commitment to make this team better in every way possible.

I don't think gameday chants will work. Due to the fact 90% of the people will be drunk and it would sound like a hot mess.

T - E -double N - E - double S - double E... TENNESSEE!!

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol is a classic. (It's ours btw)

T - E -double N - E - double S - double E... TENNESSEE!!

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol is a classic. (It's ours btw)

I know when I was in school there, sometimes when they got a bit liquored up, the student section would chant this in reverse:

"E - E - double S - E - double N - E - T ... EE-Suh-Net"

A fair number of Band members picked this up too, mainly because it seemed to piss off the cheerleaders.

I always wanted to do a slow V-O-L-S Go Vols Go chant right before kickoff.

When the ball is set up on the tee, the crowd starts "V-O-L-S, V-O-L-S, Go Vols..." and when the ball is kicked, "Go!"

Always thought that would be kinda cool...

D line is calling themselves D-Line "U" .. Could chant D LINE U when they get a sack or big hit.

I think when we play Oregon we should chant. SHOOT THAT DUCK or PLUCK THAT DUCK

I think when we play Oregon we should chant. SHOOT THAT DUCK or PLUCK THAT DUCK

Ha!! Or just for that game we could yell an old Jerry clower line "awww shoot that thang" then say "f*** the ducks!! That maybe a little too much for the PG crowd lol

How about one side of the stadium yells "Rocky" then the other side replies "Top". Then, after a few times back and forth, the band takes it cue and starts the song.

...Cause the Pride needs a reminder to play Rocky Top? Think they're on top of that one

of all the schools i've shot games at, Tennessee and Clemson are really the only two i've heard chants at. At south carolina you hear them do the bull sh*t chant a couple times a game but that doesn't count.

VN Store

Back