Next yr starting 5

Name the 2 "Starting Fives" that Stanford and ucant can put out on the court? So Carolina doesn't really know what they have after their top 7. I listed my set of 2, where's yours? Also, ALL 4 of the players have Kellie has brought in have "True" NCAA experience. Powell, Jackson and Franklin have At Least 3 years of Starting experience in the NCAA. Hollingshead as a freshman, missed a few regular season games this past season but came up big against Dayton in March Madness. But here's what I do know, I offered some facts with my opinions. You didn't. As I said, there are Only 2 players on next year's team that don't have Major College Basketball experience. SC, Stanford nor ucant can make that claim, despite having so called deep teams. It would take a heck of a lot more than your limited comments to dissuade me from believing what I've stated.
ALSKI 🧡🧡🧡

You don't have to agree with me and I really don't care if that's the case.
Reality Check

Here you go: South Carolina Two Starting Lineups

TEAM #1 TEAM #2
Boston*$ C Cardosa*
Saxton PF Amihere*
Beal*^ F Feagin*
Cook*^ SG Hall*
Fletcher PG Raven Johnson*

Bench: Cooper (G)*
Watkins (PF/C) *

The second team for SC features 5 HS All Americans and would beat most of the conference teams regularly.

*HS All American
$ NPOY
^ All conference

Last edited:
Reality Check

Here you go: South Carolina Two Starting Lineups

TEAM #1 TEAM #2
Boston*$ C Cardosa*
Saxton PF Amihere*
Beal*^ F Hall*
Cook*^ SG Littleton*
Fletcher PG Raven Johnson*

Bench: Cooper (G)*
Feagin (PF/C) *
Watkins (PF/C) *

The second team for SC features 5 HS All Americans and would beat most of the conference teams regularly.

*HS All American
$ NPOY
^ All conference
I thought Littleton was in the portal

You and the one person that liked your post should spend some time comprehending facts.
🏆🏆🏆🏆
🏆🏆🏆🏆

The only facts that need comprehending is the one where SC is the National champion from this past season, returns 95% percent of its scoring, and has two top 15 players coming in. Arguing against that is down right delusional.

She may indeed end up starting at the 4 spot, however, last season, she played against 5 Power 5 teams, went 3-2, averaged 15.6 ppg and 14 rebounds. She was Not better than Pointer when they lost to LSU who scored 25 to Franklin's 13. She only scored 8 points and 19 rebounds against OK State in a 44 to 40 loss while Collins for OK State had 16 and 11. Not exactly dominant. Whether or not she plays in the WNBA can't be guaranteed with the current limited roster spots. There are some Extremely Talented Players that have lost their roster spots this season. Next year's draft will have about 15 potential college All Americans in it if They all decide to declare. Franklin will potentially have 3 of them on her Own Team in Key, Jackson and Horston.
ALSKI 🧡 🧡 🧡
Franklin is not a dominant offensive player. She is one of the better defensive players and rebounders in the country. But the main reason Kellie got her was because of how she makes everybody else on the team better and inspires others with her work ethic. She has started on 2 Sweet 16 teams and had it not been for Covid in 2020 and an injury in 2022 that number may have 4. . Franklin will be all SEC if healthy. May not be the best player on the team but will be the most athletic and probably the most important because of her attitude and ability to make others better. Kellie wanted her because she knows that she is a winner that motivates others. Think she is just as likely to be AA as any player we have except Jackson. and may end up being on Wooden watch list. Find it amazing you are downplaying her without knowing anything about her or actually having seen her play against Top level competition. Seem to be totally unaware that Franklin has led her team to Sweet 16 twice and may have led to Sweet 16 all 4 years if not for Covid and injury. Againsr our common opponents last year Mizzou, LSU, VT, OKST. Key avg 10 pts 9 rebounds. Franklin avg 14 pts 15 rebounds Kitley was AA Franklin scored same and had more rebounds. Just saying.

Last edited:
Good post. You defended your position well. We just disagree here.

I agree there is no starting spot for her with our projected starting five, but I think by the time conference play starts, she will be the first wing off the bench, assuming she learns to rebound and play defense per kellie Harper specifications. I see her as more mobile than either Marta or Tess, and a better shooter, and a longer defender. Tess makes the most of what she has, but she is not fast or quick. And she has trouble getting her shot off. She was a starter last season because of the injuries to Rae and then Jordy. She went many games disappearing on offense when dominated by superior defenders. Who knows what Marta can give us with that foot. She may be limited medically. I also see Pissott as a superior player to Walker, who is also not a consistent shooter and is a poor free throw shooter, and at times limited on defense against larger, stronger twos.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking the other players. They add a lot to the team. But in head to head comparison's with Justine's potential, I see her eventually emerging this season to play a very important role, first wing off the bench.

You're right, we disagree and that's fine.

I wasn't making a head-to-head comparison, I'm speaking about the difference between High School BB and Major College BB in the SEC, perhaps The Toughest conference there is. Going from High School to College is a challenge for the Most Talented of Players coming in. You are no longer The Big Fish in the Little Pond. You're now A Fish in The Vast Deep Ocean!

The players that you're comparing Justine to has been on a college campus for at Least 3 years, starting Several BB games last year all the way through the Sweet Sixteen. Justine hasn't faced that type of competition, EVER. Kellie Knows what she has in Tess and Jo Jo. She also knows what Marta was as a freshman before injuries and surgery, ALL SEC Freshman First Team! There is only one returning player that wasn't injured who didn't see significant playing time down the stretch, Jessie. Everyone Else is simply on a higher curve because of experience.

Justine just may carve out some good minutes next season. However, I doubt very seriously if she will get more minutes than a 6 year Senior who has started for 2 years at UT And 2 More at her previous college, in Jo Jo. As far as her being The First Wing off the bench Sara and Marta, if healthy, will have a great deal to say about that. Personally, when I saw Justine play in the Mickey D AA Game, She didn't jump off the screen when surrounded by some of the Best High School players in Her Class. Granted, these games are overshadowed by the "Ball-Hogs" playing point guard. But, when CP3 and others were there, They stood out. Rickea Jackson and Horston stood out when they played in that game. Jaime Nared, Evina Westbrook, Tamari, Mercedes Russell, Glory Johnson, etc., ALL stood out when they were playing in that game. Heck, Alexa Middlebrook stood out in Her MCD AA Game! I didn't see that from Justine. I did noticed 3 things about Her: 1. Her willingness to pass the ball. 2. She has a smooth shot and Deep range from well beyond the arc. 3. How slightly built she is. She will Definitely need to get stronger to compete in the SEC. Even Her High School Stats don't scream - First Year Phenom on a Senior Laden Top 5 SEC Team

In her freshman year, Marta looked like She belonged from the beginning. Last year, Sara looked like She belonged from the start. Jo Jo, looks like she belongs, even though She's been playing out of position and while still not Fully recovered from 2 ACL's.-(And people need to STOP Downing this Kid because of the fact She's had to play out of position for 90% of Her time here at UT! She is a Shooting gaurd, that CAN play some Point Guard, Not a TRUE Point Guard!) Last season, Tess, in a role that she didn't expect, despite some down performances, looked like she belonged. Brooklyn, looked like she belonged, despite her smaller stature. Justine will have to show that She belongs in the SEC. Comparing Justine to Sara, I feel that Justine will struggle until she shows that she can handle the Physicality of college ball. Sara, when I first saw her step on Rocky Top, She stood out and she showed from the start that she could handle the physicality.

Everything that I've seen from Justine makes me glad that She's a Lady Vol, and I will be rooting hard for Her EVERY year that She's on Rocky Top! It's obvious that You really like her. However, Again, You are projecting a young lady's High School Success to D1, Major College BB and there is No Way that you can say that She will be able to translate that to her Very First Year in the Rugged SEC. If this team wasn't as LOADED & STACKED as it is going to be next season, my thoughts would be different. But it is INDEED, LOADED & STACKED!!! As things stand with regard to Justine's Freshman College Campaign, I'll believe that she will be first Wing off the bench when I see it.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

Reactions: Bret178
Fans of the Gamecocks of South Carolina....Got to call a technical on you guys...This is not a thread for you guys to brag about last years successes...That is now in the past....

This thread is about the Lady Vols Starting 5 for next season...There is a thread dedicated to the fans of other teams....Have at it till the rooster crows...
refs-referee.gif

You're right, we disagree and that's fine.

I wasn't making a head-to-head comparison, I'm speaking about the difference between High School BB and Major College BB in the SEC, perhaps The Toughest conference there is. Going from High School to College is a challenge for the Most Talented of Players coming in. You are no longer The Big Fish in the Little Pond. You're now A Fish in The Vast Deep Ocean!

The players that you're comparing Justine to has been on a college campus for at Least 3 years, starting Several BB games last year all the way through the Sweet Sixteen. Justine hasn't faced that type of competition, EVER. Kellie Knows what she has in Tess and Jo Jo. She also knows what Marta was as a freshman before injuries and surgery, ALL SEC Freshman First Team! There is only one returning player that wasn't injured who didn't see significant playing time down the stretch, Jessie. Everyone Else is simply on a higher curve because of experience.

Justine just may carve out some good minutes next season. However, I doubt very seriously if she will get more minutes than a 6 year Senior who has started for 2 years at UT And 2 More at her previous college, in Jo Jo. As far as her being The First Wing off the bench Sara and Marta, if healthy, will have a great deal to say about that. Personally, when I saw Justine play in the Mickey D AA Game, She didn't jump off the screen when surrounded by some of the Best High School players in Her Class. Granted, these games are overshadowed by the "Ball-Hogs" playing point guard. But, when CP3 and others were there, They stood out. Rickea Jackson and Horston stood out when they played in that game. Jaime Nared, Evina Westbrook, Tamari, Mercedes Russell, Glory Johnson, etc., ALL stood out when they were playing in that game. Heck, Alexa Middlebrook stood out in Her MCD AA Game! I didn't see that from Justine. I did noticed 3 things about Her: 1. Her willingness to pass the ball. 2. She has a smooth shot and Deep range from well beyond the arc. 3. How slightly built she is. She will Definitely need to get stronger to compete in the SEC. Even Her High School Stats don't scream - First Year Phenom on a Senior Laden Top 5 SEC Team

In her freshman year, Marta looked like She belonged from the beginning. Last year, Sara looked like She belonged from the start. Jo Jo, looks like she belongs, even though She's been playing out of position and while still not Fully recovered from 2 ACL's.-(And people need to STOP Downing this Kid because of the fact She's had to play out of position for 90% of Her time here at UT! She is a Shooting gaurd, that CAN play some Point Guard, Not a TRUE Point Guard!) Last season, Tess, in a role that she didn't expect, despite some down performances, looked like she belonged. Brooklyn, looked like she belonged, despite her smaller stature. Justine will have to show that She belongs in the SEC. Comparing Justine to Sara, I feel that Justine will struggle until she shows that she can handle the Physicality of college ball. Sara, when I first saw her step on Rocky Top, She stood out and she showed from the start that she could handle the physicality.

Everything that I've seen from Justine makes me glad that She's a Lady Vol, and I will be rooting hard for Her EVERY year that She's on Rocky Top! It's obvious that You really like her. However, Again, You are projecting a young lady's High School Success to D1, Major College BB and there is No Way that you can say that She will be able to translate that to her Very First Year in the Rugged SEC. If this team wasn't as LOADED & STACKED as it is going to be next season, my thoughts would be different. But it is INDEED, LOADED & STACKED!!! As things stand with regard to Justine's Freshman College Campaign, I'll believe that she will be first Wing off the bench when I see it.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif
Well, alrighty then.

Reactions: krichunaka
Franklin is not a dominant offensive player. She is one of the better defensive players and rebounders in the country. But the main reason Kellie got her was because of how she makes everybody else on the team better and inspires others with her work ethic. She has started on 2 Sweet 16 teams and had it not been for Covid in 2020 and an injury in 2022 that number may have 4. . Franklin will be all SEC if healthy. May not be the best player on the team but will be the most athletic and probably the most important because of her attitude and ability to make others better. Kellie wanted her because she knows that she is a winner that motivates others. Think she is just as likely to be AA as any player we have except Jackson. and may end up being on Wooden watch list. Find it amazing you are downplaying her without knowing anything about her or actually having seen her play against Top level competition. Seem to be totally unaware that Franklin has led her team to Sweet 16 twice and may have led to Sweet 16 all 4 years if not for Covid and injury. Againsr our common opponents last year Mizzou, LSU, VT, OKST. Key avg 10 pts 9 rebounds. Franklin avg 14 pts 15 rebounds Kitley was AA Franklin scored same and had more rebounds. Just saying.

I'm not downplaying Her and I have seen Her play. I simply pointed out that in the 5 games that she played Power 5 opponents that She wasn't always The Best player on the court, as was stated previously.

As far as comparing Her stats to Key's, I really don't know what you're trying to prove there, unless you're downplaying Key. It's not an Apples to Apples comparison. They aren't the Same type of players. Key is a True 6'7" Post, while Franklin is a 6'1" very athletically skilled 3-4, who because of team needs played in the post and pretty much excelled though she was undersized.

Those Common opponents that you listed played Key a LOT differently than they played Franklin. I saw the UT/OK ST game up close-(front row seats in Vegas)-and in person. As usual, Key was surrounded by 2-3 and sometimes 4 players most of the time when she touched the ball. I don't think that they played Franklin the same way and that Franklin was just So Dominant that She just shook it off and scored anyway. Against VT, Key was saddled with foul trouble early, as was Kitley.

I truly do not understand why, if someone posts something about a particular player, others on this board see the need where they MUST compare that player to Another Favored player to either prop up the player they like or to take the first player down a notch. This theory that ALL of a sudden, these new talented players are going to come in and relegate players like Tamari - (A 3 Year Starter, UT's All Time Leading Shot Blocker, a Lisa Leslie award finalist this PAST Season) - to the bench or playing sparse minutes are Grossly Mistaken.

I like and am rooting for them ALL! But Hey, you do you.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

Fans of the Gamecocks of South Carolina....Got to call a technical on you guys...This is not a thread for you guys to brag about last years successes...That is now in the past....

This thread is about the Lady Vols Starting 5 for next season...There is a thread dedicated to the fans of other teams....Have at it till the rooster crows...
refs-referee.gif
GT,

I accept the technical. I was just responding to the new poster (40 posts) who said UT was the only team in the nation that had enough depth to have two different starting lineups of quality players for next season. As a guest here, I knew better than to post in this thread so T me up, its deserved. The outrageous claims were low hanging fruit and just too tempting even for me. My bad and apologies to all.

Last edited:
You mean the team that just won the NC? That one? You need to step up your game.

Rooster, I've enjoyed most of your posts, but ... come on, now. You've GOT to remember you are posting on a Lady Vols fan board, where many rabid fanatics for Lady Vols basketball are going to, OF COURSE, make enthusiastic claims about their team being the best at everything and that they could, and WILL, make every other team look like junior high squads.

And unless those claims are posted in a thread meant for "non-Lady Vols fans" to offer a different perspective, then THOSE CLAIMS DO NOT NEED TO GET ARGUMENTS FROM RIVAL FANS. Let them be excited and nutty about their special team in the thread that is totally meant for Lady Vols fanatics to do just that. Why would you expect any different on a Lady Vols forum? Honestly, I don't get it.😣

Rooster, I've enjoyed most of your posts, but ... come on, now. You've GOT to remember you are posting on a Lady Vols fan board, where many rabid fanatics for Lady Vols basketball are going to, OF COURSE, make enthusiastic claims about their team being the best at everything and that they could, and WILL, make every other team look like junior high squads.

And unless those claims are posted in a thread meant for "non-Lady Vols fans" to offer a different perspective, then THOSE CLAIMS DO NOT NEED TO GET ARGUMENTS FROM RIVAL FANS. Let them be excited and nutty about their special team in the thread that is totally meant for Lady Vols fanatics to do just that. Why would you expect any different on a Lady Vols forum? Honestly, I don't get it.😣
Ivocd, I agree completely, its why I told GT above that I deserved his technical, which I do.

People take their opinion too serious on here. Supporting a school doesn’t make anyone a fanatic, first people need to stop thinking small minded and get outside of their own personal bubble.

At the end of the day, if a poster on a Tennessee forum decides to make a credible analysis of their team then so be it.. especially considering both the recent success combined with the long-standing success of Tennessee that far exceeds SC. A supporter from another school in this case SC, can just as easily take the time to visit their schools message board to give their insight about that team without attempting to discredit what’s being discussed about Tennessee.

Tennessee roster is as good or better than South Carolina heading into this season. I don’t care who thinks differently and nobody has to agree with my perspective. It’s simply an opinion based on well informed information.
That doesn’t make me or anyone who thinks as I do no fanatic for stating the obvious from our point of view.. and these claims are reasonable. It’s so weak and basic to constantly here fans who may or might not be fans of Tennessee come on here to speak for someone else or label people as fanatics just to make a fan from another school who feels obligated to dispute EVERY opinion that isn’t in favor of their school as baseless.
These same people from other schools putting their players on a pedestal on a Tennessee thread.. but for example won’t speak one positive word about the consensus All-American Justine Pissott heading to Rocky Top!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alskirock64
GT,

I accept the technical. I was just responding to the new poster (40 posts) who said UT was the only team in the nation that had enough depth to have two different starting lineups of quality players for next season. As a guest here, I knew better than to post in this thread so T me up, its deserved. The outrageous claims were low hanging fruit and just too tempting even for me. My bad and apologies to all.

HAAAHAAA! We were being understated and humble. The truth is that the LVs will be the only team in the country to field three teams of first team All-Americans (5 X 3= 15 AA that is right!), perform at half-times as the world's most accomplished marching band and win in NCAA titles in Women's basketball, Women's Lacrosse, and the national forensics competition, while starring in the Next Marvel movie The LadyVOlengers. [Let it also be known that DarthVol will complain the DC universe is more competitive than Marvel's and that Jordan Horston is overrated as a lead trumpeter].

Last edited:
People take their opinion too serious on here. Supporting a school doesn’t make anyone a fanatic, first people need to stop thinking small minded and get outside of their own personal bubble.

At the end of the day, if a poster on a Tennessee forum decides to make a credible analysis of their team then so be it.. especially considering both the recent success combined with the long-standing success of Tennessee that far exceeds SC. A supporter from another school in this case SC, can just as easily take the time to visit their schools message board to give their insight about that team without attempting to discredit what’s being discussed about Tennessee.

Tennessee roster is as good or better than South Carolina heading into this season. I don’t care who thinks differently and nobody has to agree with my perspective. It’s simply an opinion based on well informed information.
That doesn’t make me or anyone who thinks as I do no fanatic for stating the obvious from our point of view.. and these claims are reasonable. It’s so weak and basic to constantly here fans who may or might not be fans of Tennessee come on here to speak for someone else or label people as fanatics just to make a fan from another school who feels obligated to dispute EVERY opinion that isn’t in favor of their school as baseless.
These same people from other schools putting their players on a pedestal on a Tennessee thread.. but for example won’t speak one positive word about the consensus All-American Justine Pissott heading to Rocky Top!

"Fan" is the shortened version of the word "fanatic." I think a lot of people -- perhaps you? -- place a negative connotation on the word "fanatic" because it is often used as a negative slur. But I assure you, that's NOT the way I intend it when I use the word.

I think of sports team fanatics as those who are intensely loyal, eternally excited and/or anxious for and about their absolute favorite sports players and teams. I'm not using "fanatics" in the way we hear it being used for, example, "religious fanatics," which usually equates to "dogmatic and overzealous in a potentially dangerous way."

Fans and fanatics, on a sports board, are ALL GOOD to me! 😀

Rooster, you are a very good friend, you just got a little carried away with the "How Great Thou Game Cock Talk" is on a Lady Vol Thread...

Example....
Imagine you're with a beautiful girl, much like Barbara Eden...You've got the champagne properly chilled, the music playing some Dean Martin, or Frank (old school), the lighting is just right, not too bright, but dim enough to reveal all that you've been longing to see...The girl's lips are parted, waiting for your long deep kiss, she's beginning to breath a little faster, as you are too, The moment is magical...
sexy-red-lips-young-woman-beautiful-slightly-parted-sensual-anticipation-close-up-view-32744862.jpg

When "wham", I burst into your pleasure palace with loud talk about my girl..You know the one you've heard about a hundred times before, maybe more. All I want to do is talk about my girl, not yours....Forget she needs to do her roots, but she did win a contest a few months ago, so there's that.
photo-1599032909756-5deb82fea3b0

Reactions: Rooster1
Rooster, you are a very good friend, you just got a little carried away with the "How Great Thou Game Cock Talk" is on a Lady Vol Thread...

Example....
Imagine you're with a beautiful girl, much like Barbara Eden...You've got the champagne properly chilled, the music playing some Dean Martin, or Frank (old school), the lighting is just right, not too bright, but dim enough to reveal all that you've been longing to see...The girl's lips are parted, waiting for your long deep kiss, she's beginning to breath a little faster, as you are too, The moment is magical...

When "wham", I burst into your pleasure palace with loud talk about my girl..You know the one you've heard about a hundred times before, maybe more. All I want to do is talk about my girl, not yours....Forget she needs to do her roots, but she did win a contest a few months ago, so there's that.

WHOOAA!, "I Dream of Jeannie," Barbara Eden? Holy moly Batman, I am not gonna say that reference dates you, old timer but geez. Wait a minute... What does the fact that I recognized that reference say about me. NOOOOHHHHH!!!!

Reactions: GameTime
Not if it were left up to me. As much as Justine has accomplished, she's Only done those things in High School, not in college in the SEC.

If Justine is starting next season, it probably won't be good for us because it will most likely be because of some serious injuries to some key players. She may be good, but She's Not CP3, Holdsclaw, Catchings, Lawson, etc. Good, IMHO.
ALSKI 🧡🧡🧡
I think you are incorrect. Justine is a student of the game and is likely the hardest working on next year’s team. She can play all the positions and can score from anywhere on the court. She plays defense, handles the ball well, and runs the floor very well. She is likely kelt the most versatile player on the court. By mid season w predict she will be playing a lot of minutes.

Not if it were left up to me. As much as Justine has accomplished, she's Only done those things in High School, not in college in the SEC.

If Justine is starting next season, it probably won't be good for us because it will most likely be because of some serious injuries to some key players. She may be good, but She's Not CP3, Holdsclaw, Catchings, Lawson, etc. Good, IMHO.
ALSKI 🧡🧡🧡
HS makes up less than half of her calendar year
Her AAU exposure team, Philly Rise, is always in the top tier of each tournament bracket and competes against top talent.
I have followed this girl's career via ballertv and NFHS streams and she is legit
Not to mention the off-court drive she has in extending her game and working on her weaknesses

Reactions: krichunaka
I think you are incorrect. Justine is a student of the game and is likely the hardest working on next year’s team. She can play all the positions and can score from anywhere on the court. She plays defense, handles the ball well, and runs the floor very well. She is likely kelt the most versatile player on the court. By mid season w predict she will be playing a lot of minutes.

How do you know that She works harder than EVERYONE else, The 15 OTHER Players on the team? Attended quite a few practices have you?

AGAIN, Justine did ALL of that in HIGH SCHOOL! Also, Where am I incorrect? You are ready to place her on par with CP3, Holdsclaw and Catchings? I don't think so!

Also, regardless of what you or anyone else says, I will not be convinced that Justine will be playing more minutes consistently then the returning seniors as well as players like Marta and Sara as long as everyone stays healthy. Go on Howling at the MOON!
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

VN Store

Back