Next yr starting 5

Starters/Bench
PG-Powell/Miles/Eddy
SG-Walker/Wynn/Rennie
SF-Hortson/Tess/Pissott
PF-Jackson/Puckett/Marta
C-Key/Striplin/Sanders

Kellie will not rush Pissott and with the team we will have, hopefully we will have a lot of leads and get to get a lot of time for our reserves during non-conference play.

This lineup is my take if no one leaves and I still think we could add at least one more 5 player
This looks as close as any other to me.

Something to do until the game... I would think the only locked in starters are going to be Key, Jordan H. and Rickea. I would bet Puckett will be a starter early on probably with Jordan Walker (who knows the system and is going to be better next year as she gets further and further away from her ACL). But Kellie likes a platoon system and it is likely Powell and Pissott will get just as many minutes as starters (though JP may have some freshman adjustment issues). Then we have Karo as Keys sub, Wynn and Miles to rotate in and Marta and Tess.

The ideal is this team will have considerable depth. The reality is that some players for some players are going to be out with injuries (because that has been the LV pattern forever).

No injuries next yr. Don't mention it

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I want the best ball handlers out on the floor respective to position

Key
Jackson
Horston
Walker
Powell

But it is crazy that we could see Suarez, Puckett, Pissott, Miles, coming off the bench

Those 4 are starters on most teams

Suarez, Puckett, Pissott, Miles, Wynn, Striplin and Darby all coming of the bench??? 12 Deep? Wildddd!!!!!! This team most definitely is already top 2 in the SEC in my book and with our coaching… if healthy next season could be NASTY!

Last edited:
Something to do until the game... I would think the only locked in starters are going to be Key, Jordan H. and Rickea. I would bet Puckett will be a starter early on probably with Jordan Walker (who knows the system and is going to be better next year as she gets further and further away from her ACL). But Kellie likes a platoon system and it is likely Powell and Pissott will get just as many minutes as starters (though JP may have some freshman adjustment issues). Then we have Karo as Keys sub, Wynn and Miles to rotate in and Marta and Tess.

The ideal is this team will have considerable depth. The reality is that some players for some players are going to be out with injuries (because that has been the LV pattern forever).

I think Marta is going to come back strong. She was a starter before her injuries affected her play.

Suarez, Puckett, Pissott, Miles, Wynn, and Darby all coming of the bench??? Wildddd!!!!!! This team most definitely is already top 2 in the SEC in my book and with our coaching… if healthy next season could be NASTY!

TBH, I wasn't ruling out a possible second place finish before we knew Rickea would be joining. Teams around the SEC are losing a lot - Rhyne Howard, Shakira Austin, Ramirez, Que, Staiti... LSU's losing their entire starting five. We bring back Horston, Key, and experienced sophomores. We just needed to level up to challenge SC for the crown. Now having Rickea, the significant gap has closed. Think we still need a solid backup post.

TBH, I wasn't ruling out a possible second place finish before we knew Rickea would be joining. Teams around the SEC are losing a lot - Rhyne Howard, Shakira Austin, Ramirez, Que, Staiti... LSU's losing their entire starting five. We bring back Horston, Key, and experienced sophomores. We just needed to level up to challenge SC for the crown. Now having Rickea, the significant gap has closed. Think we still need a solid backup post.

I agree but I also think even without an additional backup post, we can challenge next year with Striplin. Sis is out there aggressive in the boards and her ply reminds me of these post players at schools like Belmon/SD where they are a bit undersized but use their quickness, aggressiveness, and range in their shot to wreak havoc. A good offseason with Coach Joy .. but I agree if we get a decent backup post out of the portal 😤😤😤

Yes this is the final piece to me a 6’4/6’5 Post Player

I agree but I also think even without an additional backup post, we can challenge next year with Striplin. Sis is out there aggressive in the boards and her ply reminds me of these post players at schools like Belmon/SD where they are a bit undersized but use their quickness, aggressiveness, and range in their shot to wreak havoc. A good offseason with Coach Joy .. but I agree if we get a decent backup post out of the portal 😤😤😤

I think she would be willing to put in the work to become that kind of player. Kellie has referred to her as one the most determined players she's ever coached.

I think Jordan Walker was very good this year. The only knock on her was her turnovers. She had trouble protecting the ball at times. That could be a result of her playing point and not a two-guard, and recovering from the ACL. But, I am very encouraged by their play this season, hope to see more of them this season (elite 8 and on to final four) and look so forward to next season! Kellie Harper and her assistants are building something great!

I love Walker toughness and grit she plays with. But her outside shot is very inconsistent and she is not explosive Athlete and her height to be 2 guard starter at high level. She will play considerable minuets however. Powell Horston Jackson Puckett Key starting 5. Miles Walker Pissot Marta and Striplin with current roster. In CHRIST Alone

I love Walker toughness and grit she plays with. But her outside shot is very inconsistent and she is not explosive Athlete and her height to be 2 guard starter at high level. She will play considerable minuets however. Powell Horston Jackson Puckett Key starting 5. Miles Walker Pissot Marta and Striplin with current roster. In CHRIST Alone

Walker has become a very serviceable PG for us though. She does have some TO issues under heavy pressure defense. She is an excellent passer and rebounder though. Her 8 assists the other night were so casual I didn’t even realize she had that many until the game was over.

Walker has become a very serviceable PG for us though. She does have some TO issues under heavy pressure defense. She is an excellent passer and rebounder though. Her 8 assists the other night were so casual I didn’t even realize she had that many until the game was over.
Yes she will get considerable minutes. This year we are getting all that she has to offer

Wlaker won't have to worry about being a PG next year. She'll be relieved of that stress and be a shooting guard, and be focused on hunting her shot. She can rebound and she can drive to the bucket, despite her size. And I'm gonna bet she shoots much better when she can focus on just being a 2 guard. Powell and Miles will be the PG's and Walker will be depth at the 1, but she will be a 2. As for starting: who knows? I'm guessing not, except for certain favorable matchups with opponents, as Kellie will determine. Either way, she'll see a lot of minutes.

Wlaker won't have to worry about being a PG next year. She'll be relieved of that stress and be a shooting guard, and be focused on hunting her shot. She can rebound and she can drive to the bucket, despite her size. And I'm gonna bet she shoots much better when she can focus on just being a 2 guard. Powell and Miles will be the PG's and Walker will be depth at the 1, but she will be a 2. As for starting: who knows? I'm guessing not, except for certain favorable matchups with opponents, as Kellie will determine. Either way, she'll see a lot of minutes.
I’m guessing Miles gets asked to leave after the season is over. Part of the reason why getting a PG in the portal was so important. I hope I’m wrong because I really like Miles.

She will be so much more effective on fewer minutes. She’ll be able to go really hard when she’s in and have fun. Right now you can tell she’s giving everything that knee has got and then some. She is one tough cookie

I’m guessing Miles gets asked to leave after the season is over. Part of the reason why getting a PG in the portal was so important. I hope I’m wrong because I really like Miles.

Nah I doubt it. I think Kellie loves her. She has complimented her a ton and has played her a ton. Even since her incident. BK changed things for our team defensively in a big way this season. Don’t see Kellie giving her up over a mistake seems in the past to me. 🤞🏼

VN Store

Back