Next up - @Mississippi State

They should I mean,they DID get humiliated lol

If that's the highlight of your programs recent history then on behalf of the rest of the college elite programs...im sorry for you.

Seriously, if you had a top 5 draft pick tear his acl like that you think UT would come out and play great the next game?

Reactions: 1 person
If that's the highlight of your programs recent history then on behalf of the rest of the college elite programs...im sorry for you.

Seriously, if you had a top 5 draft pick tear his acl like that you think UT would come out and play great the next game?

That's one playerhe couldn't stop 33 points we would've won that game regardless we were just on fire,and yes it's ONE Of the best things because of the smack talk I received for years,finally able to watch the mildcat fans walk out at halftime was amazing

Be sure wipe the brown off your nose.

I will gladly accept that....been a good couple weeks.....went to the taxslayer bowl and watched tennessee kick butt....football recruiting is amazing......CDT has done a better job coaching than I expected.....we got a top 100 recruit according to 247 today in basketball....and Angels keep getting their wings....can't complain here

I will gladly accept that....been a good couple weeks.....went to the taxslayer bowl and watched tennessee kick butt....football recruiting is amazing......CDT has done a better job coaching than I expected.....we got a top 100 recruit according to 247 today in basketball....and Angels keep getting their wings....can't complain here

Can't argue with that; just giving you a hard time :)

Now I'm really worried though,we are due for a let down,quick somebody check the lady vols score :)

Now I'm really worried though,we are due for a let down,quick somebody check the lady vols score :)

Although not looking great....the lady vols look to be on their way to a win possibly.....having a daughter as into basketball as mine is....I have become a huge lady vol fan too.

Reactions: 1 person
That's one playerhe couldn't stop 33 points we would've won that game regardless we were just on fire,and yes it's ONE Of the best things because of the smack talk I received for years,finally able to watch the mildcat fans walk out at halftime was amazing

How many times have I had this exact same discussion? For the umptenth time, UK was a bad team. We had just lost to UF iirc. Noel then got hurt. We lost by 33. Do you think with Noel it is a 33 point loss? Hell no it isn't. It's probably a 10-20 point loss, and it's still embarrassing, but not the laugher it was.

Again, if beating an unranked UK without it's best player at home is the pinnacle of your program recently and your history as a fan, then I'm sorry.

How many times have I had this exact same discussion? For the umptenth time, UK was a bad team. We had just lost to UF iirc. Noel then got hurt. We lost by 33. Do you think with Noel it is a 33 point loss? Hell no it isn't. It's probably a 10-20 point loss, and it's still embarrassing, but not the laugher it was.

Again, if beating an unranked UK without it's best player at home is the pinnacle of your program recently and your history as a fan, then I'm sorry.
It's always awesome to beat uk,like I said especially with the crying fans

Reactions: 2 people

88-58 is 30 not 33.

Who cares we got whooped that day. 33 or 30 it was a beatdown that I was embarrassed to watch.

I Know... Didn't really read it all to be honest,I just checked my ticket that I have framed in my room with the score on it :)

Son of a...:machgun:

I still have the hat I wore to my first UK basketball game with my illegible scribbling on the inside. I think it was a USCjr game and we won barely, with USCjr missing a last second game winner off the side of the backboard.

Son of a...:machgun:

I still have the hat I wore to my first UK basketball game with my illegible scribbling on the inside. I think it was a USCjr game and we won barely, with USCjr missing a last second game winner off the side of the backboard.

Lol my first Tennessee game was when Harris played,ain't missed a uk ut game since,Except this year,I'll be going to the auburn game instead

Lol my first Tennessee game was when Harris played,ain't missed a uk ut game since,Except this year,I'll be going to the auburn game instead

Surprisingly I haven't been a to a lot of basketball games. I do believe I've seen one or two UK/UT games at Rupp, but never on the football field. I've gone to way more football games than basketball games.

Surprisingly I haven't been a to a lot of basketball games. I do believe I've seen one or two UK/UT games at Rupp, but never on the football field. I've gone to way more football games than basketball games.

I've been to several UT/Vandy games in Nashville and several "neutral" site games also in Nashville, but only 2 games in Knoxville.

I've been to just 1 less UT baseball game in Knoxville.

Back to Mississippi State
In the win against Florida State, the Bulldogs won for the first time this year in six games when being out-rebounded.
MSU used its sixth different starting lineup of the year against the Seminoles.
Mississippi State is third in the SEC in points allowed at 57.8. Eight times this year, MSU has held its opponents below 60 points.
In the final 37 seconds against FSU, the Bulldogs made all six of their free throw attempts. On the year in the final three minutes of play, they are 36-50, while Trivante Bloodman is 12-15.
In the last two games, MSU has committed just three turnovers in each of the second halves, the fewest of any frame this year.
The Bulldogs also scored 40 second-half points against Florida State, the most in any half this year.
Senior guard Trivante Bloodman is 6 points shy of 500 for his career. He’s also 4th in the SEC with an .846 free throw percentage. As a team, the Bulldogs are fourth in the league at .731.
Junior guard Gavin Ware grabbed 8 rebounds against Florida State to surpass 500 for his career.
He now has 506. He missed the previous two games with a sprained ankle.
In his last two games, I.J. Ready is 9-17 shooting, 3-6 beyond the arc and 3-4 at the charity stripe.
Mississippi State is 1st in the SEC in rebounds allowed at 29.3.

Iowa is where both Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray and Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall got their college playing careers started and they never looked back. Ray played at Grand View College in Des Moines, Iowa, while Tyndall played at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa. "I've known Rick for 25 years," Tyndall said on Monday's SEC teleconference. "We got started in the business at very similar ages and similar times. I have a great deal of respect for Rick. We've been friends and known each other going back to when I was a junior college coach. "He's worked his way up and done a great job everywhere he's every been. He's a tireless worker, he's got a great personality and gets along well with others."

The Bulldogs are coming off of what coach Rick Ray calls the team's best game, a 62-55 win against Florida State.
"I hope that gives us some momentum going into the SEC season," he said during Monday's teleconference. "I think this team right now is in an upwards motion. We're going up against a Tennessee team that does a good job of attacking our weaknesses. We don't shoot the ball very well and they play 100 percent zone. They're always in that 2-2-1 press and we're in the bottom in the conference as far as assists-to-turnover ratio.
"We've got to make sure we shore up our weaknesses if we're going to have success against Tennessee."
MSU enters the game with a 3.7-point scoring margin through 13 games, ranked 11th in the conference. Tennessee is just behind the Bulldogs with a 2.2 scoring margin.

When was the last time we scored 80 in a SEC road game?

VN Store

Back