Next Up Jakob Johnson

Yah-cub is going to be fine. He will be a great player for us. He has a great frame for that middle backer position, and I think he's going to hopefully add 15 more lbs in the offseason.

He should be okay against Mizzou. If anything we are going to miss AJ's vocal presence and leadership.

I look for Maggit to fill this role...

Reactions: 3 people
Sucks AJ has to miss Senior Night. I think Jakob Johnson should where his number in honor for all the time he has put in and what he has done for this team. All these players will be bringing it moreso than any game I believe. It's the last time these seniors will step on the field and they deserve to win the last home game. Make us proud guys!

I haven't followed recruiting much but, WHY!??!!??

Cherry decided to take visits. CBJ isn't too fond of commits taking visits, especially this late in the process. Once that happened, CBJ calls Kirkland (who had de committed from Michigan and UT had been the close second) to gauge if he's still interested. Cherry chose to make his held spot shaky.

If he comes in and kills it or makes a big play, I wonder if anyone here will be criticizing CBJ for not benching A.J...
tumblr_nb7jxaKgKm1smmsbuo1_500.gif

That's just silly talk. If you are comparing AJ to Worley's impact on the team, it's a complete Apples to Oranges comparison, and yet another straw-man argument.

Worley wasn't playing like an NFL caliber QB, much less like a first round pick, like AJ was. AJ could be playing on an NFL roster right now. Worley would have been lucky to play on an Arena football or Canadian Football team.

He was merely a decent college QB playing in a scheme that didn't fit him.

Reactions: 1 person
How can you not miss AJ? Maggitt and JJ should fill in well enough to maintain the defensive edge needed, so let's believe there may be slightly more bend, but no real break in the defensive middle. I'm not sold on Cherry's flipping to the UT that's in Austin. He's probably being nudged by Strong because of Kirkland's potential for being the mike backer of the future in Knoxville. BTW: Santos is sitting on the bench for tamu, isn't he?

Reactions: 1 person
tumblr_nb7jxaKgKm1smmsbuo1_500.gif

That's just silly talk. If you are comparing AJ to Worley's impact on the team, it's a complete Apples to Oranges comparison, and yet another straw-man argument.

Worley wasn't playing like an NFL caliber QB, much less like a first round pick, like AJ was. AJ could be playing on an NFL roster right now. Worley would have been lucky to play on an Arena football or Canadian Football team.

He was merely a decent college QB playing in a scheme that didn't fit him.

Worley did not play well and AJ did. If AJ would have missed tackles and such we would have already heard it.

VN Store

Back