Next season record predictions?

xpsyclonex2002

New season. New team. Nico era has begun. 5 star transfers are sliding in. The secondary just gave itself an enema. Alabama is imploding. FL is a **** show. OK and TX enter the fold. New playoff system.
How do we land?

I say we lose to GA and likely OK. Seriously on the bubble with the OK game. We have 3 tune up games prior to get ready but it's an away game.

I think FL and Bama are wins this year. Both home games. Both teams crippled. We've never failed to play down to our competition. Especially against Florida so anything can really happen in that game. But I think we actually destroy them at home this year.

We go 10-2 regular season. Make it to the new playoff. Get past round 1. Likely lose a close on in round 2.

New season. New team. Nico era has begun. 5 star transfers are sliding in. The secondary just gave itself an enema. Alabama is imploding. FL is a **** show. OK and TX enter the fold. New playoff system.
How do we land?

I say we lose to GA and likely OK. Seriously on the bubble with the OK game. We have 3 tune up games prior to get ready but it's an away game.

I think FL and Bama are wins this year
. Both home games. Both teams crippled. We've never failed to play down to our competition. Especially against Florida so anything can really happen in that game. But I think we actually destroy them at home this year.

We go 10-2 regular season. Make it to the new playoff. Get past round 1. Likely lose a close on in round 2.

I have learned my lesson from counting Florida as a win regardless of circumstances. Lose their starting QB? Nope! Play a close game against a crap opponent the week before us? Nope! Have a new head coach? Nope!

I accurately predicted 8-4 last year . . . mainly due to having a known mediocre quantity at QB. Next year is more difficult to get a bead on because we really don't know what Nico is yet. If he is anything close to HH, I'd say 10-2 is the most likely outcome, with 9-3 being a close second, and 11-1 being very possible. We should be as good or better than we've been under Heupel at most position groups next year, so if the QB position shines, I'm very optimistic.

10-2. Close losses @ OU and @ UGA.
Really wish we had South Carolina on the schedule this year, Beamer's last year as a Power 5 head coach. Their only win in the SEC will be a struggle @ Vandy. This will boost our recruiting efforts in SC. With UNC, SC and Clemson in downward trajectories, it's time for the Vols to raid the high school talent in the Carolinas.

Reactions: norrislakevol
How do we land?

I think FL and Bama are wins this year. Both home games. Both teams crippled. We've never failed to play down to our competition. Especially against Florida so anything can really happen in that game. But I think we actually destroy them at home this year.

I'm right there with you. I'm giving us the edge on Bama mostly because it is at home. We probably would've been them this year if we could just convert in the red zone. Florida is going to be awful this year. Oklahoma being Nico's first real road game is going to be tough.

Georgia is still better than us, but outside of that no sure fire losses.

11-1… most likely loss UGA heup has the culture set and pieces in place… can’t wait for the season.

I'm thinking 11- 1 or 10 - 2, but it could drop to 9 - 3 if it takes 3 or 4 games for the full offense to jell into what it potentially could become.

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
11-1… most likely loss UGA heup has the culture set and pieces in place… can’t wait for the season.
If we are undefeated going in to Georgia game we could win that Nico is the difference maker and our d line should be elite… just if the secondary improves some

I think the greatest likelihood of losses are at OU and UGA. I don't think the OU loss will "look good" by the end of the year. I don't believe they're as good as many give them credit because quality depth isn't really required for what they've been doing in the Big 12. I think they'll look worse as the season goes on... unfortunately the Vols get them early when they still think they're going to "prove a point".

Reactions: xpsyclonex2002

VN Store

Back