Next on Tap - Old Spice

MphsBlues

The Vols are off until Thursday, Nov 27th when we will meet Siena to kick off the 3rd Annual Old Spice Classic at Noon EST. The field is loaded with talent and should make for a great tourney. Check out Eight Players To Watch. The tournament hosts Gonzaga, Maryland, Georgetown, Siena, Wichita State, Michigan State, Oklahoma State and our own Tennessee Vols.
Tournament bracket

Depending on how we do, we may see the vols on ESPN or ESPN2 3 times in a four day period. All games will be on Either ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU.

GO VOLS!!!

Attachments

• smith.jpg
    smith.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 200
I had hoped that our defense would be much improved this year, I hope me see some of that improvement by the tourney. Regardless, the competition should be good and should help us get ready for the conference...looking forward to it!

I had hoped that our defense would be much improved this year, I hope me see some of that improvement by the tourney. Regardless, the competition should be good and should help us get ready for the conference...looking forward to it!

I am too. This should be a good one. I just hope we win so that we get to watch on TV. Comcast doesn't offer ESPNU so I don't think I'll be able to see any of the last two games if we lose. All eight teams play on Sunday but only two games are on ESPN2.

I've been looking forward to this tournament since the ut-chattanooga game. They werent good enough competition and neither was utm. Mtsu was much better than those 2 teams but we also probably played the worst that we have yet. I think we'll see all UT has in its arsenal in this tourney, not to say they wont get better as the year goes on but i think definetely against utc and utm and even some against mtsu we saw ut pull off its strenghts and try different things to get better as a tea. now in a tourney like this i believe we will see them go al out and not hold anything back, so it should be very interesing.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What a competitive bracket, wow. I like our chances to get to the championship, honestly - I think we squeak by Siena, and Georgetown doesn't really scare me that much.

What a competitive bracket, wow. I like our chances to get to the championship, honestly - I think we squeak by Siena, and Georgetown doesn't really scare me that much.

I would love to see a matchup with Michigan State. I really like our athleticism if we can learn to play D the way it is meant to be played.

It's funny how when you click on the first link provided the headline reads 'Georgetown, Michigan State Headline Stellar 2008 Field.' What are we and 'Zaga, chopped liver? I'm with you on hoping we can get to the final. I really want to see these games on tv. Regardless of the outcome of the games, I think it will give us a good guage as to what we need to work on as we head into the meat of our schedule.

VN Store

Back