Next game (Links): NCAAT - Sunday 3/31/2024 (2:20pm CBS) Purdue

Meechie also takes half of his shot attempts from 3 point range.

I guess that UT will try chasing him off of the 3PL (like they did Sears) and Aidoo can guard the rim. He’s also a very good FT shooter, so keeping him off of the FT line and keeping Aido out of foul trouble will be important.

I wonder if Santi might get the assignment instead of ZZ. But ZZ would give up a couple more inches to Ta’Lon Cooper. This might be a game for Mashack to play above his average number of minutes. ZZ, SV, and JM might all defend Meechie. JG may not be a good enough defender.

Meechie is overall their best guy. BJ Mack struggles against teams that actually have decent/good post players. He struggled vs Kentucky, Miss St, and Alabama. The games he has produced have been against Missouri, UGA, and Arkansas. So it seems to me like he struggles against lengthy players with him only being 6’8”… Aidoo may make it tough on him. Myles Stute will not be playing, he’s out with an injury. Cooper is a middle of the road guy who can produce effectively some nights as he scored 20 against Kentucky but then can fall off to nothing in some games.

The number 1 plan will be to obviously keep Meechie in check. Force him to be a facilitator rather than their scorer. He has come back down to earth a little the past 5-6 games and is only averaging around 10 points in that span. IMO, I don’t see a way that USCjr knocks us off without Meechie hitting the 20 point mark. I don’t see many of their other guys being able to carry the load in order to walk away with a win.

Stute was injured on 1/16 and this article says he’s out 2-3 weeks. Has he been ruled out yet? Even if he did return he’s not going to be as effective.

Vanderbilt transfer after 3 years there. I didn’t know that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
During his Carolina Calls radio show on Thursday night, Lamont gave the latest on Stute and his recovery process after the junior suffered a shoulder injury against Georgia nine days ago.

"Myles is making steady progress," Paris stated. "We practiced today, and he was out on the court doing some non-contact stuff, just passing the ball. He was doing a shooting workout on the side; the injury's actually on his non-shooting shoulder, so that helps him a little bit - Any physical jarring of the shoulder is what we're trying to see to make sure he's strong enough that it just doesn't happen again," Lamont explained. "He's still a little ways away. I don't want to rush it."

Stute was injured on 1/16 and this article says he’s out 2-3 weeks. Has he been ruled out yet? Even if he did return he’s not going to be as effective.

Thought I recognized him as having been at Vanderbilt. Hate that he’s hurt, but glad he won’t be playing. He can nail a three or few…

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Losses at Clemson and at Bama. The home loss to Georgia takes the shine off of that 17-3 record. But after that one, they’ve beaten Arkansas (at Bud Walton), KY, and Mizz (by 13, 17 (Ky), and 12. A couple of nice wins without Stute.

The early neutral court win over Va Tech is pretty good as well. Va Tech is Iowa State’s only loss to an unranked opponent (ISU just beat Kansas - transitive property makes USCjr’s Va Tech win prettier).

Paris appears to be a coach on the rise. He was able to attract some higher level talent to Chattanooga than they typically get which resulted in the strong showing in March and the SC job. His guard at Chattanooga transferred to Gonzaga when Paris left. SC may have gotten themselves a really good coach and be moving consistently into the top third of the conference.

Stute was the typical Vandy goon (they always seem to have one) that liked to talk trash and tried to get in the opponent's head. Just good enough to make a mild impact, but mostly out there for his dirty work. Vandy version of JJJ.

I predict a grinder type game on both sides of the court. Long half court offenses grinding against the defenses. USC will keep it close for a while but UT's depth will wear them down and UT will pull away. That's right in UT's wheelhouse. UT by 20.

I predict a grinder type game on both sides of the court. Long half court offenses grinding against the defenses. USC will keep it close for a while but UT's depth will wear them down and UT will pull away. That's right in UT's wheelhouse. UT by 20.
Massey has it 73-59, Vols.

Paris appears to be a coach on the rise. He was able to attract some higher level talent to Chattanooga than they typically get which resulted in the strong showing in March and the SC job. His guard at Chattanooga transferred to Gonzaga when Paris left. SC may have gotten themselves a really good coach and be moving consistently into the top third of the conference.

South Carolina is playing faster this season and we need to win the battle of the boards and let Aidoo and Awaka eat as much as they can on the offensive end of the court tonight.

High praise from USCe fans here. Surprising to me
They're a tough bunch. Losing at Rupp, while distasteful, won't hurt us. We just can't afford to lose at home to anyone if we have designs on a #1 seed. Tonight is a must win. Hopefully, the first half of the Vandy game was some rust and we're back in a groove now.

We have scored 85 points twice against South Carolina in the last two games and trounced the Gamecocks in both contests per ut sports.com.
Yep but not the same team, their portal guys Cooper and Mack were a big boost for them

VN Store

Back