Newspaper Article out of Charlottesville, VA

He's a Vandy alum and a UVA fan. That's a double shot of arrogance.

The guy is complaining about how unintelligent we are and he just used the phrase "sick parties" in his little column. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

BTW if they think we (UT fans) use alot of cuss words and are the most unruly and rude fans ever then he needs to go to LSU or Florida. He will have to put them in a whole new category.

He may have been sitting next to pretty rowdy fans. Like that never happens with other teams in the NCAA tourney. And that he quotes an NCAA official as saying the Vols fans were the worst he's ever seen. All laughable.

Sour grapes from a sour kid who for some reason gets to put his thoughts into writing on a webpage.

Has anyone read the comments? They are pretty funny, but this best is this one:

That’s some liberal use of the word “sportswriter”. Way to show off that Vandy English degree.

“Do you have any idea how many sick parties she was ready to take me to!”

Hello … First, this is a question; second, don’t end it with a preposition.

“As a sportswriter, I’m supposed to be impartial, but I must admit I was a little bummed when Sean Singletary’s 3-pointer rimmed out against Tennessee and Virginia was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament.”

Here we have a run-on sentence. As you literally insinuated (Singletary’s 3-pointer rimmed out against Tennessee and Virginia), how could the shot rim out against both Tennessee and Virginia?

“watch my boy Lars Mikalauskas try and stop Ohio State’s Greg Oden.”

Try to stop.

“I’m a Vanderbilt alum and I can’t stand Tennessee!”

Compound sentences are generally separated with commas. I’ll take the fourth grade level English question, Mr. Foxworthy.

Vandy alum, your reputation for intelligence and athleticism precedes you. Ha.

Here’s the deal.
I hate Florida ... the gators are good.

I could care less about Vandy ... it is irrelevant.

Sorry you’re tired of being second ... err ... third fiddle in our great state. Also, Vol fans have a reputation for being among the most amicable in the SEC. Ask Cal, Fresno, OSU, etc.

This was the best response the article got:

Clearly, as a Vandy “man,” you are a master cocksman of the highest order. Does this “newspaper” actually pay you a salary to write this garbage? [apparently you are not the only one who can use quotation marks for irritating comedic effect] This seems more like a poorly written letter to the editor of an alumni rag, or an internet chatroom post on Vandymania, than a sports editorial. However, I am sorry that you missed all those SICK Trinity U parties brosef. I hear that undergrad co-eds are especially attracted to third-rate Vandy alum newspaper columnists. :eek:lol:

Glad to see that Mr. Reid is putting his Vanderbilt degree to good use by writing garbage like this as a third-rate columnist for an irrelevant sports scene in a left-behind town.

Enjoy watching the rest of the tournament from your couch.

Looks like a Daily Beacon writer

Yeah it does, and that's why I quit reading the Beacon. Those people have no idea what's going on.

And I agree with Bennett's quote from the response...
sick parties at Liberty U? First of all, from the look of the guy a "sick party" would probably be a game of truth or dare. 2nd, who needs their sister to take them to a party? 3rd, the guy has no clue what's going on.

Sick parties at a school founded by Jerry Falwell? I'll just let that speak for itself.

VN Store

Back