News on Jordan Horston's injury?

Nope. Disagree. This *ish should not be tolerated. Knees forward is not a functional way of moving. Knees bent and a$$ back is functional. This is dirty! For comparison, look at Candace Parker in the semis against Connecticut. Alyssa Thomas sticks her knees forward, which again is completely not functional and knees Candace right in the thigh. People do not move like that, and NO high level athlete moves like that. After that game I am 100 sure she was hampered by that contusion and that is why the Sky lost. This should not be allowed. It is dirty and I. The instance of Candace Parker and Tennessee, the contact is allowing less athletic, less talented players just cuz they are the underdog or shorter to even the playing field. Does women’s basketball really wants to allow the less athletic and shorter player get away with crap just to champion the severe underdog? I would submit that it cheapens all of women’s basketball.

You are 100% correct on Thomas targeting Candace and the impact that the resulting thigh contusion had on the series' outcome. Connecticut , like Thomas, are dirty team. However, I don't think the play on Jordan compares. The UMass slide over to take a charge and Jordan came in at an odd angle and she initiated the collusion more than the UConn. Because she was off balance, she landed badly on her ankle. It really was just "one of these things." The good news is that the consequences seem to be fairly minor.

Last edited:
To me it was another instance of Jordan making a poor decision when it was apparent she was not going to get around her and instead decided to force the action and thats probably why the block was not called but then again, not much was called the whole game. It looked like a basketball play to me also. I sincerely hope coaches are not teaching injurious techniques to their players. Can't see anyone doing it myself.

Kellie Harper said Jordan Horston is still day-to-day. Will be a game day decision. As always go Lady Vol's.

I was encouraged by the fact that Kellie didn't rule out the possibility of Jordan being released for tomorrow night. I think I recall her saying something along the lines of "it's more of an hour-to-hour thing," and sounded like they are regularly checking in with how the rehab is going. So, in my mind, all that sounds like IF she misses the Indiana game it may be the only game she misses. Sure would love to find out tomorrow that she is back and totally fine, though!

I was encouraged by the fact that Kellie didn't rule out the possibility of Jordan being released for tomorrow night. I think I recall her saying something along the lines of "it's more of an hour-to-hour thing," and sounded like they are regularly checking in with how the rehab is going. So, in my mind, all that sounds like IF she misses the Indiana game it may be the only game she misses. Sure would love to find out tomorrow that she is back and totally fine, though!
I'll be at the game early Monday at 5. Will see if she warms up.

…In the post below, gule demonstrates how a gentleman doesn't behave.

Last edited:
Until we can get a dribbling poised guard guru that knows how to stretch dribble and protect the ball with confidence ala Owusu , Clark , Olivia Miles our turnover problems will be what they are today .

I hope they decide to err on the side of EXTREME caution. Bigger fish to fry...

We have players who often pass up easy pull-up 5 or 10-footers and instead try to drive through a defender or multiple defenders and get to the basket--and they don't make the shot. Horston does this qujte a bit. We sometimes draw fouls on such plays--but just take the relatively easy shot that is there. This is one of many examples of the poor decisions that the Vols make as a team.

Reactions: glv98
We have players who often pass up easy pull-up 5 or 10-footers and instead try to drive through a defender or multiple defenders and get to the basket--and they don't make the shot. Horston does this qujte a bit. We sometimes draw fouls on such plays--but just take the relatively easy shot that is there. This is one of many examples of the poor decisions that the Vols make as a team.
Related to Jordan’s injury how?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back